This meal plan for kids has hidden vegetable recipes (and fruit recipes) that adults love too! Use these gluten-free recipes to make kid-friendly meals and snacks that will deliver the essential vitamins and minerals they need.
*This post contains some affiliate links. Thank you for supporting us!
It’s nice to have a game plan, especially when it comes to our health and fueling our bodies. Also, it’s important for kids to learn the importance of eating well.
But nearly all kids go through at least one phase of picky eating, especially when it comes to eating wholesome foods like whole grains, fruit and veggies.
So, this meal plan for kids is here to help take the pressure off of you. With our kid-friendly hidden vegetable recipes and fruit recipes, there will be no more scrounging for new ways to get your kids to eat those healthy, wholesome foods. And hopefully, less arguments at the dinner table.
But what’s more important is that they don’t feel deprived eating these gluten free meals with hidden veggies and/or fruit. Instead, they feel energized and healthy!
It’s important for kids to really absorb their nutrients in order to maximize their growth and health. Eating a REAL FOOD gluten free diet can do just that. It reduces inflammation (with anti-inflammatory foods) in the body, fuels the brain, and replenishes the body.
Meal plan for kids with healthy fruit & vegetable recipes
Ready to eat ya’ll? Grab a pen and paper and write down your favorites! Let me know if you have any questions as well.
- Tex-Mex Egg and Cheese Cauliflower Casserole Thanks to fluffy eggs and loads of cheese in this casserole, the kids won’t notice the hidden vegetables! Hidden Veggies – Cauliflower, tomato, zucchini.
- Key Lime Pie Smoothie Rich in probiotics, prebiotics and Vitamin D. Hidden veggies – Spinach and avocado.
- one bowl oatmeal breakfast cookies If you are looking for one more after-school snack or lunch box treat to add to your meal plan, try these. Great for eating at any time, and again, they’re freezer friendly y’all! Egg free option as well. Hidden produce – berries or even shredded carrot if you so dare!
- Bonus Smoothie –Frozen Grape Yogurt Smoothie Dairy-free, naturally sweet, and delicious grape flavor.
- Bonus Breakfast “treat” Healthy, Gluten Free Strawberry Glazed Cake Donuts Super easy to make, healthy, and rich in Vitamin C. Hidden veggie trick – Add beet juice to the frosting or batter to make them more pink!
- Simple and Healthy Citrus Kiwi Pineapple Homemade Fruit Roll Ups Great for lunch boxes. Allergy friendly. Vegan and Paleo! Real fruit based. Sneak in more vegetables by add in a green juice to the fruit roll up batter before drying.
- Crock Pot Chunky Monkey Paleo Trail Mix Paleo and Vegan friendly. Crock pot easy. Family favorite snack! Easy to make in bulk. Hidden fruit? Dried banana and unsweetened coconut of course! But feel free to mix in freeze dried apple or berries.
- Carrot Blueberry Bars A real food snack or dessert bar that you can feel good about feeding your kids. Dairy free options!
* Bonus *Low Sugar Protein Bars – Okay, this one doesn’t have any hidden vegetables, but it is customizable! Which mean you can add in any fruit or veggie you’d like. Might I suggest berries or shredded zucchini with that chocolate layer? YES!
Hidden Vegetable Recipes for Lunch
- Farmer’s Market Sandwiches Who said sandwiches needed to be boring? Make it colorful and customizable with this epic Farmer’s Market Sandwich! Vegan and Nut Free
- Crock-Pot Chicken Salad & Sliders Rich in probiotics. NO mayo needed. EASY and another great meal to make in bulk or ahead of time. I like to sneak in a little chopped cabbage to the chicken salad.
- Gluten Free Baked Homemade “Uncrustables” Better than store-bought. These uncrustables make this meal plan for kids super fun! Not to mention, nut butter and jelly is a kid favorite! The recipe is easy to make vegan as well!
Other homemade uncrustables fillings with fruit and veggies include:
- Nut Butter, bananas, and honey
- Cheese with apples or figs
- Cucumber and hummus
- Fresh strawberries and cream cheese
- Gluten Free Mexican Falafel Bites –Vegan friendly and grain free. This kid friendly lunch is a hidden vegetable recipe loaded with broccoli, cauliflower, and tomato. Plus, they’re freezer friendly so you can make them ahead of time!
- Tuna Zoodle Casserole – This casseroles has zucchini noodles, celery, and green chiles for a delicious paleo, low-carb, high protein meal. Make this recipe – it’s a great way to use your spiralizer and boost your nutrition.
- Green Chili Turkey Tacos with Avocado You need one pot to make this hidden vegetable recipe! Turkey tacos are rich in protein, iron, and essential amino acids. It’s great for those active kids who need good protein, fats, and carbs. Hidden veggies – avocado, peppers, onion, and green chiles! But feel free to add in cauliflower rice!
Serve this with veggies chips, on enchiladas, Vegan Chickpea Mac and Cheese , or in tacos!
Okay friends, hope you school year is off to a great start! Please, reach out to me anytime you need more gluten free meal plan ideas. Egg free, Vegan, paleo, allergy friendly, etc. I gotcha covered… mmmm k?
Meal Plan for Kids GROCERY LIST:
If you have any questions about this meal plan for kids or you need other hidden vegetable recipes, feel free to comment or email me.
I would love your feedback on ideas for future meal plans.