Vegan salsa con queso is an easy warm cheese dip recipe that will disappear as quickly as you make it! This vegan cheese dip is plant-based, using fresh vegetables and a hint of Tex-Mex spices, making it a family friendly dip that everyone will love. Whole 30 friendly
Hi friends! This Vegan Salsa Con Queso recipe is part of our lovely salsa series!
We re-tested the recipe to make it EXTRA easy and delicious! Now I am republishing it for you today! I hope you enjoy. Be sure to check out our favorite salsa recipes (here and here) and stay tuned for the ultimate snack salsa bar coming later this week!
The Easiest VEGAN QUESO
Oh my goodness, oh my goodness! Vegan QUESO does exist. This recipe vegan cheese is spicy, creamy, easy to make in 10 minutes, and made with REAL food. Heck it’s even Whole 30-friendly. What the what?!! I know, I’m still in shock too. In fact, I’ve made three batches already and put this salsa con queso “cheese” on just about EVERYTHING!
In fact, this whole cheesy vegan salsa dip platter could totally count as a meal. Let’s have a family gathering and eat all the cheese and chips! My chips and salsa loving mother would be so proud.
Alright alright, I know you’re probably so curious and confused about this whole vegan cheese shindig. I’ll explain. Get ready for your MIND TO BE BLOWN!
What’s in VEGAN SALSA CON QUESO?
Glad you asked.
- Cooked and Peeled Potato (russet works best)
- Cooked Carrot and Cauliflower Floret
- Olive oil
- Lemon Juice
- Garlic and Onion powder
- Nutritional Yeast
- Chili powder or Chili Paste
- Canned Chili ready Diced Tomatoes!
That’s it my friends. And trust me when I say, this taste like the real deal. We had a real cheese queso loving friend come over to taste test (*This was pre stay at home orders of course.). He couldn’t believe it wasn’t real cheese. Knowing that, he took this recipe and made it for his whole family. A family of 7! 5 kids under the age of 18 (who all love real queso), and a wife who suffers from food allergies. Could it be that they all get to enjoy this appetizer together?
The verdict? All approved of vegan salsa con queso. Now that is magical! GASP!
How to make VEGAN CON QUESO with pantry staples
- To make the salsa con queso you must first cook your carrot, potato, and cauliflower. I love using leftover cooked veggies for this or even frozen veggies. A pantry staple ingredient that won’t go to waste!
- After your veggies are cooked, you blend it all together. I recommend blending it in two batches. First the Veggies, then add the tomatoes and nutritional yeast. This creates a smoother consistency, like cheese!
- HOT DIP TIP –-> Heating the cooked veggies (just a touch) before blending is key! Why? Because when you blend it all together you have instant HOT VEGAN QUESO. Genius, right? are still hot so once you blend, the sauce become You just steam the veggies then blend it all together. It’s smooth, creamy, and HOT right out of the blender.
Another KEY ROCK STAR ingredient for making this vegan cheese even more flavorful is to use seasoned canned diced tomatoes. We like to use Red Gold Tex Mex Green Chile Petite Tomatoes or chili ready canned tomatoes.. It seriously takes this vegan salsa con queso up to the NEXT LEVEL. But don’t worry, these tomatoes have a mild spice flavor, so it’s great for younger kids who don’t necessarily like spice yet.
Speaking of family….
Salsa Con Queso is one of those recipes that will most definitely bring everyone together around the table. And what better than now! So let’s do it. Make a meal out it it. This might be the one and only queso recipe that you don’t mind your kids eating for dinner. Sneak in those veggies whatever way you can. Right?
Alright, I hope your appetite is ready for some pre-dinner snacking! Followed by lots of great conversation, laughs, and love!
Get ready to devour this easy vegan cheese dip. Grab so of those versatile veggies and spices. Your life is about be changed with VEGAN SALSA QUESO!Print
Have you ever made a vegan cheese? What’s your favorite dish you like to make with the family?
Happy Salsa Snacking!