Gluten free, dairy free, and delicious, this vegan pumpkin dip recipe is the perfect make-ahead snack for holiday parties, after-school snacks, and everything in between. Made with simple pantry staples, it comes together in minutes with no chopping, baking, or sautéeing required! Serve it with apple slices, gluten free crackers, cookies, and more!
What to Do with Leftover Canned Pumpkin
If you’re anything like us, you’ve pretty much always got a can of pumpkin on hand. They come in so handy for easy meal prep options like pumpkin pancakes and vegan pumpkin overnight oats! Plus, with the holiday season in full swing, we know we’ll need them for our gluten free pumpkin pie! However, we have found that no matter what we do, we seem to always have just a bit of pumpkin left over in a can.
And nothing goes to waste in our kitchen. It’s true! So, instead of throwing out that last little bit, we got creative in the kitchen and created this amazing vegan pumpkin dip recipe. What started as a fun experiment to replace Greek yogurt or cream cheese in traditional pumpkin fluff dip recipes turned into our whole team’s new favorite snack! Tasting just like pumpkin pie filling, it’s seriously good.
Even better, all you’ll need are just a few ingredients you’re likely to already have on hand and a few extra minutes. Thanks to the help of a blender, this recipe is so easy to make and guaranteed to be a hit!
Vegan Pumpkin Dip Ingredients
This recipe comes together with just a handful of budget friendly pantry staples and is naturally gluten free, dairy free, and nut free to fit a wide variety of allergy friendly needs! Here’s what we used:
- Canned Pumpkin Puree (or Homemade Pumpkin Puree) – Pure canned pumpkin purée forms the base of the dip. Just make sure to double-check the ingredient list to make sure no other sugars or spices are added!
- Coconut Milk – It’s crucial to use canned coconut milk and not the stuff found in cartons in the milk section. These won’t yield the thick cream portion we need
- Maple Syrup – This helps sweeten the dip and adds a warm flavor.
- Sugar – Add as little or as much powdered sugar, confectioner’s sugar, or Swerve as you’d like for an even sweeter dip.
- Flavor Enhancers – Cinnamon, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, and a pinch of salt combine to enhance the rest of the ingredients and create a pumpkin pie-like flavor.
If you want to add more texture an extra element of flavor to the dip, try folding in ingredients like:
- Vegan White Chocolate Chips
- Melted Creamy Cashew or Almond Butter
- Chopped Nuts
- Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
How to Make the Best Pumpkin Dip Recipe
This pumpkin pie dip is so easy to make we can hardly call it a recipe. Just grab a large bowl and whip it, whip it good. 😉 Or just follow the steps below!
1. Place your can of coconut milk in the back of the refrigerator for 12 hours or overnight to solidify. Skim the cream (solid portion) off the top of the can.
Substitute Tip – For a lighter texture, replace 1 ¼ cup coconut cream with coconut cream whip frosting! Then, adjust the sugar to taste as the frosting will be much sweeter than the coconut cream.
2. Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Then, use a hand mixer or whip the ingredients by hand until a smooth consistency is formed.
3. Transfer the dip to a large bowl, and fold in any optional add-ins. Then, let it chill in the fridge, or enjoy it right away!
We’re guilty of eating this pumpkin dip recipe right from the bowl with a spoon. However, it also pairs great with all your favorite snacks and dippers including:
- Fresh fruit like apple slices, bananas coins, or strawberries
- Gluten free cinnamon graham crackers or homemade gluten free graham crackers
- Gluten free pretzels
- Grain free sweet thins cookies
- Almond flour cookies or vanilla wafers
- A dollop of cool whip, coconut whipped topping, or coconut milk yogurt
How to Store
This recipe is best served immediately. However, if you want to prepare it ahead of time, it can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
More Ways to Use Pumpkin
Looking for more easy pumpkin recipes? Try out more of our favorites below!
- Almond Flour Pumpkin Bread with Rosemary – A grain free quick bread, this recipe is easy and so delicious.
- Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Overnight Oats – A gluten free, dairy free breakfast perfect for all.
- Pumpkin Frittata – Gluten free, grain free, and full of flavor, this breakfast-inspired recipe is perfect any time of the day.
- Bourbon Chocolate Pumpkin Pie – Not your average dessert, this pie is a better-for-you recipe that’s a breeze to make.
Do you have questions, feedback, or tips about this recipe? Leave a comment below with any questions or feedback you’d like to share!