Vegan frosting has never been so easy to make! We’ll show you how to make coconut cream – it takes 2 ingredients and just one method. This coconut cream frosting is super delicious, healthy, paleo friendly, and did I mention EASY?! Yes! SIMPLE to make!
Okay Ya’ll. If there is one staple you need in your life, it’s coconut. Coconut milk, cream, flour, flakes, and more! Today I have an amazing Coconut Cream Vegan Frosting recipe that will make you jump for ALLERGY FRIENDLY joy!
I mean, who wouldn’t? Haha. I use this vegan frosting on almost ALL of my cake and dessert recipes. Why? Because it takes like 2 milliseconds to make, it’s gluten free, paleo friendly, and might I add, it tastes AMAZING!
I’m sure you’ve seen this coconut cream vegan frosting recipe around the interwebs. I mean, how could you not? It’s so trendy and healthy and we all love that. But I like it because it’s cheap, easy, and healthy. Those don’t sound like they go together but they do! Real food can be so versatile.
You ready to make FLUFFY coconut cream vegan frosting goodness? Oh yay!
How to make coconut cream vegan frosting
Grab a can of coconut cream –> Not milk, cream.
Place it in the back of your fridge for the night. It needs to get COLD but not frozen.
Remove from fridge, open the can, drain the extra water, and flip the cold solid cream into a bowl.
Then WHIP IT, WHIP IT GOOD!
Or if you’re like me, you can make fun flavors. Like vanilla, or cocoa powder, or coconut, or lime zest! You see what I’m saying here?
Fluffy Coconut Cream Vegan Frosting does wonders. Keep this recipe. Save it. Use it. Repeat. I promise you won’t be disappointed. And if you are, you can throw that can of coconut cream at me. Deal?
Vegan Frosting RecipePrint
Coconut Cream Vegan Frosting – Learn how to make coconut cream quickly and easily to use in this vegan frosting. It’s absolutely delicious, gluten-free, vegan, and paleo-friendly!
- 13–14 oz coconut cream (cream NOT milk works best). Buy at least 3 cans in case one doesn’t chill properly.
- 1/4 cup sweetener of choice (ex: maple syrup or cocoa for chocolate). See notes for other sweeteners.
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Any other add ins you’d like
- Make sure your coconut cream can (10oz) is chilled 24 hrs and you have coconut cream not milk. I always buy 2 cans or more of coconut milk/cream in case one can doesn’t form enough cream after chilling in fridge.
- Once chilled pour the hardened cream mixture into a bowl. Discard the water portion.
- Add your sugar and vanilla beat until fluffy and smooth.
- Mix in your other toppings last.
- Keep cool until ready to top on your cake/dessert. Super easy!
For sweeteners, you may use maple syrup, honey, coconut sugar, or even powdered sugar if you are not paleo. Swerve has sugar free powdered sugar as well if you’d like to keep this keto or low carb/sugar free.
- Category: desserts
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: how to make coconut cream frosting, vegan frosting
How to use coconut cream vegan frosting
All on that cake! and maybe by the spoonful. okay Always by the spoonful.
If you are looking for coconut cream to buy online, I use this one from Amazon.
Or even make it for a No Bake Dirt Pie! Vegan of course! With Coconut Cream whipped as the pudding/frosting filling.
Have you ever tried making Coconut Cream Vegan Frosting? What’s your favorite way to use it?