No Bake Protein Balls packed with health benefits from dates, dark chocolate chunks, and chocolate flavored pea protein. These delicious, chewy bites make the perfect healthy nut free lunchbox idea or post-workout snack! This no bake protein bites recipe is gluten free, grain free, dairy free, vegan, and nut free.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Bob’s Red Mill. I adore their products, so of course I’m excited to use their protein nutritional booster in this no bake protein balls recipe! Thanks for supporting the businesses that support Cotter Crunch!
Easy Snack Ideas for Busy Days
It probably comes as no surprise that I’m hooked on easy snack ideas. My recipes for no bake protein bites and balls and bars don’t get any easier to make, and I’ve created so many recipes for them that there’s a category in the recipe index of this website devoted specifically to no bake bites.
But I don’t just love them because they’re easy to make. They’re PORTABLE!
If I’m in a rush in the morning, they’re a grab-n-go breakfast. When we return from a hike, I reach into the freezer to find a little delicious protein rich snack waiting for me. These balls ….errr bites to put it more eloquently, will hold over the hanger (hunger + anger) that unleashes from within. Don’t tell me you’ve never been there, because I know you have.
Are you picturing that Snickers commercial now? Haha, okay, I digress! Let’s bring the focus back onto healthy snacking and protein balls, not divas and candy bars .
The thing is, this bite sized dark chocolate snack may be small in size, but the little babies are packed BIG with health benefits!
Plus, all you need are 5-6 ingredients.
Health Benefits of No Bake Protein Balls
- Rich in plant based iron and Omegas from chia seeds (oh, recipes with chia seeds, how I love thee)
- Naturally sweetened snack – You don’t need to add honey or a syrup. We’re using dates as natural sweetener and for added fiber (these toasted coconut banana muffins are naturally sweetened, too!)
- The no bake protein balls recipe is grain free, gluten free, nut free, vegan, and dairy free!
- High in protein – Bob’s Red Mill Protein Nutritional Booster contains fiber, prebiotics, and probiotics
But hold up ya’ll, it gets better! Bob’s Red Mill protein powder has even MORE good for you goodness! Straight from the mouth of Bob (okay maybe not Bob personally, but his website), here are the specifics on the pea protein powder:
- 20g plant-based protein per serving
- 12g fiber per serving (9 g soluble fiber)
- Beneficial Bacillus coagulans probiotics (hello, healthy gut!)
- Good source of omega-3 fatty acids
- 35% RDA iron per serving
- Gluten free
- No soy ingredients
- No dairy ingredients
- Sweetened with monk fruit
The nutrition-boosting protein powder comes in vanilla or chocolate flavors, so you can use it in pretty much anything your brain can dream up. Which of course, I gladly did. Chocolate Chunk Vanilla and Chocolate Chunk Chocolate No Bake Protein Bites.
I hope I have convinced you that the double chocolate protein balls are worth making.
But if not, let me justify some more. Mmm k?
Easy to Make No-Bake Snack
- NO baking necessary! It can be 107 F. in the shade and you won’t break a sweat making this vegan no bake snack!
- Easy to make and take!
- Superfood FUEL snacks for kids. Talk about kid friendly! I mean, seriously. Do you know a kid who doesn’t like chocolate? These no bake protein balls are great for peanut-free school snacks or post workout snacks.
Okay, now who’s ready to be a baller? Haha, sorry, just had to go there.
Favorite protein ball or energy bite recipe?