This vegan whipped coconut cream frosting comes together with just 2 simple ingredients and one easy method! Super delicious, it’s gluten free, dairy free, healthy, and so easy to make. Use it to top cakes, cupcakes, cookies, and more!
- 2 (13.6 ounce) cans coconut cream, chilled in the fridge overnight*
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup maple syrup or 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup powdered sugar (for thicker frosting)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Chocolate Frosting option – 4 Tablespoons Dutch cocoa powder
- 1 – 2 Tablespoons arrowroot starch, as needed for desired thickness *
- Place the canned coconut cream in the fridge for 12-24 hours to harden.
- Remove the canned coconut cream from fridge, careful not to shake can. Remove the thickened coconut cream (top portion) and place into a stand mixer bowl or mixing bowl. Discard the coconut water portion.
- Add sweetener of choice and vanilla. Place the stand mixer (or handheld mixer) on high, and whip until the cream is light and fluffy.
- If making the Chocolate Frosting option, add the cocoa powder and whip again until combined and fluffy.
- If the frosting isn’t firming up as desired, add 1 -2 Tablespoons arrowroot starch, and whip to desired thickness.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
Texture Tips- For a lighter, more whipped cream-like texture, omit the starch, and use no more than 1/2 cup sugar. Or swap out one chilled can of coconut cream for one chilled can of full fat coconut milk. The solid portion of the chilled canned coconut milk is softer and more like whip cream when whipped.
Frosting Tips – Coconut cream/milk softens in the heat, be sure to frost cakes and cupcakes quickly and then place in the fridge to stiffen/set. Frosting cakes/cupcakes will hold at room temperature for 2-3 hours depending on the environment.
- Prep Time: 24 hours
- Cook Time: n/a
- Category: Dessert
- Method: mixing
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 129
- Sugar: 8.6 g
- Sodium: 13.3 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.9 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: coconut whip, vegan, allergy friendly, dairy free, gluten free, frosting, whipped cream