Paleo pumpkin bread with fresh rosemary and pumpkin seeds! Have you tried savory pumpkin bread? This is an easy quick bread recipe! Rosemary paleo pumpkin bread is the perfect healthy snack, breakfast, or accompaniment to any soup or chili.
Ahhh pumpkin. Tis the season. Paleo Pumpkin Bread, sweet or savory pumpkin recipes.
- Pumpkin oats
- No bake Pumpkin Spiced Chocolate Bites
- Seafood Pumpkin Squash Pasta (or rather, my version of squash on squash).
Ha! I’m surprised we all aren’t walking with an extra orange glow. Or are we? Don’t answer that. Instead, answer me this.
If we all love pumpkin, then it better be good for us, right? Your answer is YES YES YES! That being said, it definitely depends on the recipe.
Mmmm…. pumpkin cheesecake my night be an “anti-inflammatory,” recipe, but Rosemary Paleo Pumpkin Bread –>> DING DING DING! We have a winner!
So let’s discuss Pumpkin and Rosemary. Together, forever!
Rosemary Paleo Pumpkin Bread Nutrition
– The IMPRESSIVE nerdy nutrition facts.
This bread is like the perfect post workout snack. Yep! Cooked pumpkin has more potassium than a banana. GASP! So it’s great for balancing those electrolytes.
- Canned pumpkin puree (not the pie filling ya’ll) is packed with TONS of vitamins. In fact, it contains one of my favorite. Yep, 50 percent of the daily value of vitamin K,. You know I love my Vitamin K for metabolism and bone health. I boasted about it with that mustardy Brussel sprouts recipe. Remember?
- 1 cup pumpkin contains 246% Vitamin A. DUDE! That is an impressive amount of an antioxidants. Your eyes will thank you!
Hey Cotter,inquiring minds want to know…
Is paleo bread low carb?
Great news! Paleo baking is usually grain free and gluten free!! So, unless you add a lot of sugar to a paleo bread recipe, it’s more than likely going to be lower in carbs than traditional bread.
Now about that rosemary.. I did not forget.
Yes, Rosemary is just as AMAZIN for your health!
Facts about Rosemary
Rosemary, the “SUPER” herb, contains certain substances, such as flavonoids and volatile oils, that are useful for:
- boosting the immune system
- increasing blood flow and circulation
- improving digestion. Rosemary also contains anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce respiratory problems. This is why many people love using the (essential oil Rosemary oil). While I have not tried this oil yet myself, but I have heard it does help reduce symptoms for people with digestive problems as well as respiratory problems, such as asthma. Ahhh Breathe Happy ya’ll!! Rosemary essential oil on my list to try next!
So ya, this Rosemary Paleo Pumpkin Bread recipe is loaded with SUPER nutrients, but it’s only part of the reason I made it. Okay I lie, it’s 85%.
The truth is, our lifestyle has changed drastically over the past year.
My husband retired from pro triathlon racing into a full time “desk” job. Um, that wasn’t hard or anything (enter sarcasm).
Hard as it maybe have been, it was a good choice for us. That being said, I don’t make the same food for him. In fact, he’s lifting weights on a regular basis and craving a higher protein/fat foods. Yes, my endurance junky loving of a man is now in the GYM with dumb bells, GASP!!
And me? Well, I took a step back from teaching fitness classes (and fitness in general) to have surgery, and am slowly easy back into things.
Gosh ya’ll, we’ve changed a lot. Our dietary needs have changed and so sometimes we GO BIG or go home, like say with… mmmm paleo chocolate caramel.
But most of the time, like that 85% of the time, we’re focusing on nourishment and a little more protein packed into those meals. Plus ALL THE VEGGIES to boot! Yes, we need those healing foods! Oh and wine… I will always make room for wine. Haha!
But if you’re looking for the sweet pumpkin bread version, I highly recommend checking out Healthy Seasonal’s Healthy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread.
Yep. SUPER! I mean SOOOOOOUPER! Alright, that’s enough puns for a Monday.
Let’s jump to this easy pumpkin quick bread recipe.Print
Paleo pumpkin bread with rosemary is an easy paleo bread recipe made with pumpkin puree and fresh rosemary. High in antioxidants and Vitamin A, this gluten free quick bread recipe is delicious served with chili or stew!
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup avocado oil or olive oil (the more oil, the more dense, moisture).
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice will work, just an acid)
- 3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup sifted coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 2 rosemary sprigs with stems removed
- 1/4 cup roasted pumpkin seeds (feel free to add in more seeds like sunflower seeds or fennel seeds)
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a 9×5 bread pan or 8×4 loaf pan (see notes) with parchment paper. You can also use 2 mini loaf pans. . Grease or oil the side of the pans.
- In a mixing bowl, combine your pumpkin, eggs, oil, and vinegar. Beat gently or mix with spoon until smooth.
- In another bowl, sift together your dry ingredients (flours through seasonings and sea salt). Keep the pumpkin seeds and rosemary sprigs aside.
- Combine the flour mix with the pumpkin/egg mix into one bowl. Beat or gently mix until batter is smooth. It might be a little grainy due to coconut flour.
- Fold in your rosemary sprigs. Keep a few for topping.
- Pour batter in to lined 9×9 pan (or 2 smaller mini loaf pans).
- sprinkle pumpkin seeds and extra rosemary on top.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hr. (Check bread after 45 minutes to see progress)
- Cover with foil and bake for another 10 minutes or until golden brown and center comes our clean with poked with knife or toothpick.
- Remove and let cool.
- Once cooled you can remove the bread from the pan and slice or store for later.
- You can freeze this bread for later use as well.
- NUTRITION Since this bread is pretty dense, I recommend using it as a meal or slice thinner for a side. Texture is amazing and filling! Nutritional info as shown is for thinner slices.
- If you are using a 8×4″ loaf pan, check the middle for doneness at 40 to 45 minutes since it will be in a smaller pan.
- This has a lovely rosemary taste. Feel free to reduce the “herbed” taste by using one sprig or two. You also use thyme or mix herbs.
- This a GREAT bread to serve with paleo Chili .
- Serving Size: 1 thin slice
- Calories: 273
- Sugar: 5.1g
- Sodium: 258.4mg
- Fat: 22.3g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7g
- Carbohydrates: 12.2g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Protein: 8.3g
- Cholesterol: 53.1mg
Keywords: paleo pumpkin bread, quick bread recipe, paleo bread recipe
Helpful Kitchen tools for making this Paleo Pumpkin Bread:
Alright, I’m just going to leave this slice right there for ya. Somebody please pass me the buttah!!!! YUM!
Have you ever tried make a savory paleo pumpkin bread? Do you use Rosemary oil or herbs? I’d love more ways!
And finally, my last question. The real life question. How has your diet changed this past year. What makes you feel good at the moment? Every one is so unique with their nutritional needs, based on their activity or food sensitivities.
No one is here to judge those food/lifestyle choices, just support and NOURISH!
Can I get A-M-E-N?!!
p.s this post does contain some affiliate links from my shop page. Thanks for supporting!