Paleo pumpkin bread with fresh rosemary and pumpkin seeds! Have you tried savory pumpkin bread? This is an easy quick bread recipe! Rosemary paleo pumpkin bread is the perfect healthy snack, breakfast, or accompaniment to any soup or chili.
Ahhh pumpkin. Tis the season. Paleo Pumpkin Bread, sweet or savory pumpkin recipes.
- Pumpkin oats
- No bake Pumpkin Spiced Chocolate Bites
- Seafood Pumpkin Squash Pasta (or rather, my version of squash on squash).
Ha! I’m surprised we all aren’t walking with an extra orange glow. Or are we? Don’t answer that. Instead, answer me this.
If we all love pumpkin, then it better be good for us, right? Your answer is YES YES YES! That being said, it definitely depends on the recipe.
Mmmm…. pumpkin cheesecake my night be an “anti-inflammatory,” recipe, but Rosemary Paleo Pumpkin Bread –>> DING DING DING! We have a winner!
So let’s discuss Pumpkin and Rosemary. Together, forever!
Rosemary Paleo Pumpkin Bread Nutrition
– The IMPRESSIVE nerdy nutrition facts.
This bread is like the perfect post workout snack. Yep! Cooked pumpkin has more potassium than a banana. GASP! So it’s great for balancing those electrolytes.
- Canned pumpkin puree (not the pie filling ya’ll) is packed with TONS of vitamins. In fact, it contains one of my favorite. Yep, 50 percent of the daily value of vitamin K,. You know I love my Vitamin K for metabolism and bone health. I boasted about it with that mustardy Brussel sprouts recipe. Remember?
- 1 cup pumpkin contains 246% Vitamin A. DUDE! That is an impressive amount of an antioxidants. Your eyes will thank you!
Hey Cotter,inquiring minds want to know…
Is paleo bread low carb?
Great news! Paleo baking is usually grain free and gluten free!! So, unless you add a lot of sugar to a paleo bread recipe, it’s more than likely going to be lower in carbs than traditional bread.
Now about that rosemary.. I did not forget.
Yes, Rosemary is just as AMAZIN for your health!
Facts about Rosemary
Rosemary, the “SUPER” herb, contains certain substances, such as flavonoids and volatile oils, that are useful for:
- boosting the immune system
- increasing blood flow and circulation
- improving digestion. Rosemary also contains anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce respiratory problems. This is why many people love using the (essential oil Rosemary oil). While I have not tried this oil yet myself, but I have heard it does help reduce symptoms for people with digestive problems as well as respiratory problems, such as asthma. Ahhh Breathe Happy ya’ll!! Rosemary essential oil on my list to try next!
So ya, this Rosemary Paleo Pumpkin Bread recipe is loaded with SUPER nutrients, but it’s only part of the reason I made it. Okay I lie, it’s 85%.
The truth is, our lifestyle has changed drastically over the past year.
My husband retired from pro triathlon racing into a full time “desk” job. Um, that wasn’t hard or anything (enter sarcasm).
Hard as it maybe have been, it was a good choice for us. That being said, I don’t make the same food for him. In fact, he’s lifting weights on a regular basis and craving a higher protein/fat foods. Yes, my endurance junky loving of a man is now in the GYM with dumb bells, GASP!!
And me? Well, I took a step back from teaching fitness classes (and fitness in general) to have surgery, and am slowly easy back into things.
Gosh ya’ll, we’ve changed a lot. Our dietary needs have changed and so sometimes we GO BIG or go home, like say with… mmmm paleo chocolate caramel.
But most of the time, like that 85% of the time, we’re focusing on nourishment and a little more protein packed into those meals. Plus ALL THE VEGGIES to boot! Yes, we need those healing foods! Oh and wine… I will always make room for wine. Haha!
But if you’re looking for the sweet pumpkin bread version, I highly recommend checking out Healthy Seasonal’s Healthy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread.
Yep. SUPER! I mean SOOOOOOUPER! Alright, that’s enough puns for a Monday.
Let’s jump to this easy pumpkin quick bread recipe.Print
An easy quick bread made with pumpkin puree and fresh rosemary, this gluten free and paleo pumpkin bread is high in antioxidants and Vitamin A. Delicious served with chili or stew!
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup avocado oil or olive oil (the more oil, the more dense, moisture).
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice will work, just an acid)
- 3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup sifted coconut flour
- 1/4 cup raw or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 rosemary sprigs with stems removed
- 1/4 cup roasted pumpkin seeds, divided
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a 9×5 bread pan or 8×4 loaf pan (see notes) with parchment paper. You can also use 2 mini loaf pans. Grease or oil the inside of the pans.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, eggs, oil, and vinegar. Beat gently or mix with a spoon until smooth.
- In another bowl, sift together the flours, sugar, baking soda, allspice, and sea salt. Keep the pumpkin seeds and rosemary sprigs aside.
- Add the flour mixture to the bowl of wet ingredients, and mix until batter is smooth. It may be a little grainy, due to the coconut flour.
- Fold in the rosemary sprigs and 2 to 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds. Reserve remaining seeds for topping.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan (or 2 smaller mini loaf pans).
- Sprinkle pumpkin seeds and extra rosemary on top.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hr. (Check bread for doneness after 45 minutes)
- Cover with foil and bake for another 10 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove pan from oven and let bread cool in the pan. After cooling, remove bread from the pan and slice or store for later.
- Freezing instructions: After cooling, wrap bread in foil or wax paper and freeze for up to 6 months.
If you are using a 8×4″ loaf pan, check the middle for doneness at 40 to 45 minutes.
This has a lovely rosemary taste. Feel free to reduce the “herbed” taste by using one sprig or two. You can also use thyme or mixed herbs.
- Category: bread, side
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 thin slice
- Calories: 273
- Sugar: 5.1g
- Sodium: 258.4mg
- Fat: 22.3g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7g
- Carbohydrates: 12.2g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Protein: 8.3g
- Cholesterol: 53.1mg
Keywords: paleo pumpkin bread, quick bread recipe, paleo bread recipe
Helpful Kitchen tools for making this Paleo Pumpkin Bread:
Alright, I’m just going to leave this slice right there for ya. Somebody please pass me the buttah!!!! YUM!
Have you ever tried make a savory paleo pumpkin bread? Do you use Rosemary oil or herbs? I’d love more ways!
And finally, my last question. The real life question. How has your diet changed this past year. What makes you feel good at the moment? Everyone is so unique with their nutritional needs, based on their activity or food sensitivities.
No one is here to judge those food/lifestyle choices, just support and NOURISH!
Can I get A-M-E-N?!!
p.s this post does contain some affiliate links from my shop page. Thanks for supporting!
MORE HEALTHY YEAST-FREE BREAD RECIPES HERE!
This recipe is part of our Healthy Yeast-free Bread Recipes collection. Check it out!