This Cinnamon Almond Flour Bread Recipe is a versatile low carb, gluten free, dairy free bread recipe that’s simple to make and subtly sweet. Serve it on its own or with your favorite toppings for a wholesome breakfast or snack!
Spicing things up with a Quick, Low Carb Bread Recipe!
More than your average bread recipe, this almond flour bread was inspired by sweet, store-bought cinnamon bread. However, unlike packaged varieties, this version contains no refined sugars, gluten, dairy, or preservatives. Instead, we used simple whole food ingredients to create a dense, hearty bread that’s soft, sweet, and perfect to prep ahead of time!
We love to serve it with a smear of homemade cashew or sunflower seed butter alongside warm coffee or turmeric tea latte for a hearty breakfast or satisfying afternoon snack. However, the serving options are endless! No matter how you slice this cinnamon almond flour bread, you can’t go wrong.
Is Almond Flour Low Carb?
Yes! Almond flour is extremely popular amongst the keto community because it contains just 3 grams of carbs and 1 gram of net carbs per every 2 tablespoons. Plus, it’s a great source of healthy fats and is easy to use.
Gluten Free Cinnamon Almond Bread Ingredients
Below are the key ingredients used to make this cinnamon almond flour bread recipe. However, you’ll also need a few additional pantry staples. So, be sure to double-check the ingredient list in the recipe card below to ensure you have everything you need.
- Grain free Flour – A combination of almond and coconut flour creates a soft and tender bread without the need for gluten or immense amounts of carbs.
- Flaxseed Meal – Contribute to the dense texture and provide an extra boost of healthy fats and fiber. If needed, chia seed meal can be substituted instead.
- Room Temperature Eggs – Not a low-calorie food, this almond flour bread contains 5 large whole eggs and one egg white for a fluffier texture that’s loaded with protein and nutrients.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Used to lighten up the dough and help it rise without gluten-containing wheat or yeast.
- Maple Syrup or Honey – Contributes just a hint of sweetness without the need for refined sugar.
- Cinnamon – Adjust to taste. The more the merrier right? Plus it’s loaded with antioxidants!
- Chia Seeds – Optional but recommended, chia seeds can be sprinkled on top for added texture, omega fatty acids, and fiber!
How to Make the Best Almond Flour Bread Recipe
If you think homemade bread is difficult to make, think again! This cinnamon almond bread comes together with ease and is ready in less than an hour. Watch how it comes together below!
- Preheat. To begin, preheat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit, line a bread pan with parchment paper, grease the sides, and set it aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients. In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, salt, baking soda, flaxseed meal, and ½ a tablespoon of cinnamon.
- Whisk the wet ingredients. In a second small bowl, combine the eggs and egg white until smooth. Then, add in the maple syrup or honey, apple cider vinegar, and oil, stirring to combine.
Note: Make sure you let your eggs come to room temperature before mixing. Otherwise, the ingredients will solidify!
- Combine the ingredients. Working in batches, slowly mix the wet and dry ingredients, making sure to remove any clumps. NOTE – The batter will look super thick, but don’t add more liquid! As long as it looks similar to the pictures above, it’ll turn out great.
- Bake. Pour the batter into the bread pan, and bake until a toothpick can be inserted into the center and comes out clean.
- Glaze. Whisk melted butter with the rest of the cinnamon, and brush the mixture on top of the almond bread.
- Cool. Set the bread aside to cool. Once the cinnamon topping has set, slice, and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
Adjust the Pan Size. If you don’t have an 8×4 bread pan, don’t worry. A bigger size can be used. Your bread won’t be quite as fluffy, but it will be every bit as tasty!
Make Your Own Flaxseed or Chia Seed Meal. To make the flaxseed or chia meal, simply place the flaxseeds or chia seeds in a coffee grinder or food processor, and grind until a fine meal-like texture is formed.
Keep an Eye on the Oven. This recipe typically takes between 30-35 minutes to bake. However, depending on your oven and altitude, cooking times will vary. So, be sure to keep an eye on your bread, and remove it from the oven if it starts to look golden brown before the baking time is up.
Create a Sweet Cinnamon Almond Bread. For a sweet breakfast bread, feel free to add extra maple syrup or honey to the dough, and add a sprinkle of coconut sugar to the cinnamon glaze.
Make Ahead & Freezing Options
This almond bread recipe is so tasty you’re gonna want to go ahead and make 2…or 3 loaves. Luckily, they’re great to make in advance and keep on hand! Once cooled, leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Or, slice the bread, wrap each piece individually with plastic wrap, and transfer them to a sealable bag where they can be frozen for up to 2-3 months.
To enjoy, warm the bread in the toaster (thawed or frozen), add your favorite toppings, and enjoy!
Honestly, we love to eat this almond flour bread warm on its own. However, it’s absolutely scrumptious with toppings like butter, honey, cream cheese, nut butter, jam, or even a fried egg on top! Or, pair it with a warm meal like butternut squash soup or turkey sweet potato chili.
Common Questions About This Almond Bread Recipe
Yes! Swap out equal parts flaxseed for chia seed meal for the same great taste and texture.
For this recipe, we include a combination of coconut and almond flour. However, we do not recommend using only coconut flour as it requires different liquid ratios and won’t yield the same results.
No, due to its low carbohydrate count, almond flour does not rise with yeast.
More Homemade Gluten Free Breads You’ll Love
One bite of this cinnamon almond flour bread, and you’ll never go back to the pre-made stuff again! To satisfy all your tastebuds, don’t miss out on more of our homemade bread recipes both savory and sweet.
- Homemade Nut and Seed Bread – A wholesome low carb, gluten free loaf that’s soft, savory, and great for sandwiches.
- Almond Flour Pumpkin Bread with Rosemary – Quick, easy, and delicious, this recipe is grain free, gluten free, dairy free, and great to serve on its own or with your favorite meal.
- Vegan Pumpkin Bread with Dark Chocolate Chips – Gluten free, allergy friendly, and so easy to make, this quick bread is studded with dark chocolate chips and warm spices.
Do you have questions, feedback, or tips about this recipe? Leave a comment below with any questions or feedback you’d like to share!