This simple and delicious cinnamon almond flour bread is a low sugar paleo bread recipe your whole family will love! Made with few ingredients: almond flour, flax seed, cinnamon, and eggs to name a few. A wholesome bread for breakfast or snacking.
Today I want to help kick start a meal prep routine! We’ve updated this Low sugar cinnamon almond flour bread recipe with a RECIPE VIDEO BELOW. That way you can see step by step just how to make it; for breakfast, meal prep, etc. It’s SUPER easy and nutritious!
OK. I’m just gonna go ahead and pat myself on the back here. This is my second meal prep recipe post in a span of 2 weeks. Oh my goodness. Who have I turned into? I’ll tell you who, someone who is actually getting organized with meal prep. And this super light and soft cinnamon almond flour bread has been a staple meal prep bread that we now can’t live without. Okay we could live without it, but who would really want to? I’ll get to that in a minute though.
Let’s talk about breakfast meal prep, Paleo meal prep, and all the easy meal prep recipes!
I have a feeling that a lot of people are in the same “oh my gosh I need to start prepping for healthier meals in advance ” kind of boat. Am I right?
You know … the back to work, back to routine, in need of 30 minute healthy dinner and lunch box ideas! Ideas like these might help. The portable mason jar power lunch, make ahead instant soup jars (with EASY prep), the grab and go breakfast wraps, and post workout breakfast cookies. No matter what your health goals might look like this year, I think it’s safe to say we all feel the need to get our meals (and life) organized. It keeps us sane!
But sometimes it’s overwhelming to know where to start. Goodness, that’s where I am, or was. I was questioning what to make that will last long, freeze well, and could be used multiple times in a week.
If you don’t know where to start with meal prep, might I suggest you start with the meal that many of us struggle to find time to eat or make?! Yep, breakfast! Hence this almond flour bread recipe. Freezable, easy to make, and it’s chock full of antioxidant rich ingredients! Not to mention it makes your house smell delicious; calming that anxious meal planning heart. Ha ha ha. Just kidding.
How do you make bread with almond flour?
Well, it’s easy! Just a few staple ingredients needed!
- Ground flaxseed
- Almond flour
- A small bit of Coconut flour
- Butter or Coconut Oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Touch of honey
- Chia Seed or nut butter to top, or BOTH!
You see, all the tasty superfood ingredients you need in a meal. But in bread form. Literally the bread of life! Haha. Naturally rich in omega 3’s, Protein, Healthy Fats, fiber, and as mentioned above, ANTIOXIDANTS. The cinnamon also helps bring out the naturally sweetness of almond flour bread. Which helps keep it lower in sugar and carbohydrates. Totally didn’t plan that, but I’ll take it!
And I must say, it pairs perfectly with butter, honey, cream cheese, peanut butter, almond butter, jam, or even a fried egg on top.
RECIPE TUTORIAL & VIDEO for QUICK CINNAMON ALMOND FLOUR BREAD
Now you know why I am in love with cinnamon almond flour bread, aka meal prep bread. Where do I get all these ingredients? One place. H-E-B grocery store ya’ll!
Where to Buy Almond Flour:
H-E-B is one of my absolute favorite grocery stores in Texas. And now I can order groceries online as well. Although I do miss going in and exploring all the new items in the H-E-B. H-E-B grocery has just about every product under the sun. They carry some of my favorite healthy staple brands such as Bob’s red Mill and PB 2 Flour.
They also have their own Central Market (an American gourmet grocery store chain owned by H-E-B) organic line, which we adore! I love the Chia and flaxseed, which is what I used in this almond flour bread today.
So, shall we get to baking?
Side note: You will definitely want to make multiple loaves of this bread and freeze some. It goes fast! In the best possible way.Print
This delicious cinnamon almond flour bread is a versatile low carb, gluten free and paleo bread recipe the whole family loves! Simple ingredients, nourishing, soft and delicious.
- 2 cups fine blanched almond flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup Flax seed meal or chia meal (ground chia or flaxseed, see notes for how to make your own)
- 5 Eggs and 1 egg white whisked together
- 1.5 tsp Apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 2–3 tbsp of clarified butter (melted) or Coconut oil; divided. Vegan butter also works
- 1 tbsp cinnamon plus extra for topping
- Optional chia seed to sprinkle of top before baking
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8×4 bread pan with parchment paper at the bottom and grease the sides.
- In a large bowl, mix together your almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking soda, flaxseed meal or chia meal, and 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- In another small bowl, whisk together your eggs and egg white. Then add in your maple syrup (or honey), apple cider vinegar, and melted butter (1.5 to 2 tbsp).
- Mix wet ingredients into dry. Be sure to remove any clumps that might have occurred from the almond flour or coconut flour.
- Pour batter into a your greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350º for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean. Mine too around 35 minutes but I am at altitude.
Remove from and oven.
- Next, whisk together the other 1 to 2 tbsp of melted butter (or oil) and mix it with 1/2 tbsp of cinnamon. Brush this on top of your cinnamon almond flour bread.
- Cool and serve or store for later.
- For storage, it’s best to keep wrapped in foil or ziplock in fridge. The bread freezes well for meal prep.
- If you you use a larger pan, the loaf slices will be less fluffy but equally delicious.
- To make the flaxseed or chia meal, simply place the the flaxseeds or chia seeds in a coffee grinder and grind until a fine meal is formed.
- Recipe adapted from one of my favorite blogs – Elana’s Pantry
- Category: side dish, bread
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: almond flour bread, gluten free, paleo, healthy bread recipes, low carb
I highly recommend going to check out H-E-B. You’ll find so many healthy brands and products that H-E-B carries locally or on their website. They are such a great store for meal prep and saving money on quality ingredients. Plus they have some delicious recipes ideas for more meal prepping.
Have an Almond Flour Bread recipe?
Do share! What’s your go-to meal prep staple ingredient?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of H-E-B. The opinions and text are all mine.