This simple and delicious cinnamon almond flour bread is a versatile paleo bread recipe you’re whole family will love! Made with few ingredients; almond flour, flax seed, cinnamon, and eggs to name a few. A nourishing wholesome bread for breakfast or snacking.
Thanks to H-E-B grocery for partnering with Cotter Crunch on this meal prep friendly Cinnamon Almond Flour Bread recipe. It’s one our favorite paleo breads packed full of simple nourishing ingredients.
OK. I’m just gonna go ahead and pat myself on the back here. This is my second meal prep recipe post this week. Oh my goodness. Who have I turned into? I’ll tell you who, someone who is actually getting organized with meal prep. And this super light and soft cinnamon almond flour bread has been a staple meal prep bread that we now can’t live without. Okay we could live without it, but who would really want to? I’ll get to that in a minute though.
First, let’s talk about Gluten-free meal prep, Paleo meal prep, and all the meal prep recipes that that floats your boat. I have a feeling that a lot of people are in the same “oh my gosh I need to prepare better meals in advance ” kind of boat. Am I right?
You know … the back to school 30 minute healthy dinner and lunch box meals, the portable mason jar power lunch meals, the grab and go breakfast and post workout fuel, etc. etc. etc. No matter what, everyone would love to get their meals (and life) organized. It sure does help us stay healthy, fueled , and, well …. sane.
But sometimes it’s overwhelming to know where to start. Goodness, that’s where I am, or was. I was questioning what to make that will last long, freeze well, and could be used multiple times in a week.
Now this is where I tell you about that staple paleo bread obsession. The cinnamon almond flour bread. Yes, it’s full of anti-oxidant rich ingredients! Not to mention it makes your house smell delicious; calming that anxious meal planning heart. Ha ha ha. Just kidding.
Simple wholesome real food ingredients ya’ll!
- Ground flaxseed
- Almond flour
- A small bit of Coconut flour
- Butter or Coconut Oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Touch of honey
- Chia Seed or nut butter to top, or BOTH!
You see, all the tasty superfood ingredients you need in a meal. But in bread form. Literally the bread of life! Haha. Naturally rich in omega 3’s, Protein, Healthy Fats, fiber, and as mentioned above, ANTIOXIDANTS. The cinnamon also helps bring out the naturally sweetness of almond flour bread. Which helps keep it lower in sugar and carbohydrates. Totally didn’t plan that, but I’ll take it!
And I must say, it pairs perfectly with butter, yogurt, cream cheese, peanut butter, jam, or even a fried egg on top.
Now you know why I am in love with cinnamon almond flour bread, aka meal prep bread. Where do I get all these ingredients? One place. H-E-B ya’ll!
H-E-B is one of my absolute favorite grocery stores in Texas. And now I can order groceries online as well. Although I do miss going in and exploring all the new items in the H-E-B. H-E-B grocery has just about every product under the sun. They carry some of my favorite healthy staple brands such as Bob’s red Mill and PB 2 Flour. They also have their own Central Market (an American gourmet grocery store chain owned by H-E-B) organic line, which we adore! I love the Chia and flaxseed, which is what I used in this almond flour bread today.
Yep, quality ingredients by a quality brand in a quality store.
So, shall we get to baking? Side note: You will definitely want to make multiple loafs of this bread and freeze some. It goes fast! In the best possible way.Print
Soft and delicious Cinnamon Almond Flour Bread. Lightly sweetened, paleo, and simple to make.
- 2 cups fine blanched Almond flour (I used Bob’s Redmill)
- 2 tbsp Coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 cup Flax seed meal or chia meal (ground chia or flaxseed, see notes for how to make your own)
- 5 Eggs and 1 egg white whisked together
- 1.5 tsp Apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 2-3 tbsp of clarified butter (melted) or Coconut oil; divided. Vegan butter also works
- 1 tbsp cinnamon plus extra for topping
- Optional chia seed to sprinkle of top before baking
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8×4 bread pan with parchment paper at the bottom and grease the sides.
- In a large bowl, mix together your almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking soda, flaxseed meal or chia meal, and 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- In another small bowl, whisk together your eggs and egg white. Then add in your maple syrup (or honey), apple cider vinegar, and melted butter (1.5 to 2 tbsp).
- Mix wet ingredients into dry. Be sure to remove any clumps that might have occurred from the almond flour or coconut flour.
- Pour batter into a your greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350º for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean. Mine too around 35 minutes but I am at altitude.
Remove from and oven.
- Next, whisk together the other 1 to 2 tbsp of melted butter (or oil) and mix it with 1/2 tbsp of cinnamon. Brush this on top of your cinnamon almond flour bread.
- Cool and serve or store for later.
For storage, it’s best to keep wrapped in foil or ziplock in fridge. The bread freezes well for meal prep.
If you you use a larger pan, the loaf slices will be less fluffy but equally delicious.
To make the flaxseed or chia meal, simply place the the flaxseeds or chia seeds in a coffee grinder and grind until a fine meal is formed.
Adapted from one of my favorite blogs – Elana’s Pantry
Estimated Nutrition per Slice:
230-240 calories; 16 grams of fat; 2 grams of saturated fat; 11-12 carbohydrates; 4 grams of fiber; 3 grams of sugar; 9 grams of protein. 9 % Iron 10% calcium
I highly recommend going to check out H-E-B. You’ll find so many healthy brands and products that H-E-B carries locally or on their website. They are such a great store for meal prep and saving money on quality ingredients. Plus they have some delicious recipes ideas for more meal prepping.
Ever tried Almond Flour Bread? What’s your go-to meal prep staple ingredient?
P.S If you go the H-E-B store in Lakeway Texas, tell them I said hi! I do miss that southern hospitality!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of H-E-B. The opinions and text are all mine.