This Orange Turmeric Tea Latte will boost your health and energy! It’s a cold-busting vegan latte, loaded with extra Vitamin C, brain-boosting healthy fats, minerals, and anti-inflammatory properties. A fruity, caffeine-free bulletproof latte that’s warming and nourishing! Paleo friendly.
We’ve partnered with Bulletproof Brain Octane Oil in this Updated version of my Vegan Turmeric Tea Latte recipe. We’re retested, added more photographs, updated nutrition content. Now I am republishing it for you today! I hope you enjoy. Thank you for following Cotter Crunch Y’all!.
Gimme all the brain power, immunity, and energy please!
This caffeine free Turmeric Tea Latte might just cure all.
As I sit here coveting a cup of turmeric tea latte (in conjunction to typing this post), it’s 65F outside. Mind you just 2 days ago I was shoveling a blanket (or 3) of snow from my drive away after. Can I confess something? I don’t mind it. In fact, this Texas girl thinks it’s so pretty! It brightens up living room but at the same makes me feel cozy. Ya, I know, I’m that weirdo who’s never seen so much powdery snow. Until we moved to Utah a year ago!
What I don’t like is that the ups and downs of the temperature all also brought an up and down of seasonal allergies, brain fog, and a wee little cold in APRIL! Bah-humbug! My poor husband got a double dose of a migraine as well. It came then went then came again.
Thankfully I think we beat it for good this time! I’d like to credit my amazing bulletproof turmeric tea latte skills to that. Okay, I may be exaggerating, but still. Do you even know how magical this golden milk latte is? SUPER HEALING POWERS!
It all begins with a double dose of turmeric, healthy fats from the brain octane oil (MCT oil included), and vitamin C rich foods.
These ingredients; orange juice (or in this recipe, blood orange juice), turmeric spice (rich in Curcumin; active constituent of turmeric), coconut milk and oil, maple syrup, herbal tea, vanilla, ginger, nutmeg, and cinnamon make up one powerful “golden milk” tea latte.
HOW TO MAKE Bulletproof Blood Orange Turmeric Tea Latte (1 MIN):
I wasn’t lying about those heavenly ingredients in this Turmeric Tea Latte! The “GOLDEN GATES” of healing. See what I did there? Puns, always. I should note, that using blood orange has less acidic taste, so it’s perfect for a sweetener boost!
Ingredients in Orange Turmeric Tea Latte
Anyway, let’s chat more about each ingredient. I’ve been dying to get nutrition nerdy with turmeric again!
- Orange juice (or blood orange juice) – We all know that oranges are rich in Vitamin C, but did you know that blood orange is actually higher? Yes, they have a more concentrated amount of Vitamin C and higher amounts of the flavonoid pigment anthocyanin (a disease-fighting antioxidant). The pigment that gives them that red color! Plant power ya’ll!
- Turmeric spice (rich in Curcumin; active constituent of turmeric) – Studies have shown that Curcumin has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, and anticancer properties. Ya —> ULTIMATE HEALING!
- Unsweetened Almond or Coconut milk – Dairy free, vegan milk. Rich in Minerals Almond milk is rich in antioxidant Vitamin E.
- Bulletproof Brain Octane Oil – A quick source of pure energy from quality MCT oil. Helps fuel your brain and body.
- Maple syrup (or raw honey if you are not vegan) – Natural sweetener rich in minerals. And anti-bacterial due to its phenolic compounds! This means Maple syrup could help fight unwanted bacteria (pathogens). Um, like a virus. Like the one we had.
- Herbal tea – Rich in anti-oxidants, soothing, calming. Made from herbs, fruits, seeds, or roots then steeped in boiling/hot water.
- Ginger, Nutmeg, and Cinnamon – Great for easing digestion, anti-inflammatory properties, and of course anti-oxidation properties. Which means it can help fight that oxidative stress going on in your body. Stress from being sick, over working, overtraining, life. All of the above.
Boost your health with a cold busting vegan orange turmeric tea latte! This bulletproof “Golden Milk” latte is loaded with extra Vitamin C, rich in minerals, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- 2 herbal tea bags (like ginger tea, orange hibiscus, or herbal tea of choice).
- 6 oz almond milk, other dairy free milk, or water.
- 10–12 ounces almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground turmeric root (see notes for brand_
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (divided)
- 1 tsp whole cloves or 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- Optional Pinch of black pepper for better absorbency
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or raw honey (use maple syrup vegan)
- 1 juiced orange or blood orange
- 1 tbsp 100% pure MCT (Coconut oil)
- pinch of cinnamon for topping (optional)
- Steep your tea bags in 6 oz of dairy free milk or water. You want the tea extra concentrated.
- Next place 10-12 ounces of coconut or almond milk in small pot. Add your ginger, cloves, turmeric, cinnamon, orange juice, maple syrup, and optional nutmeg. Whisk together.
- Bring to a soft boil, then reduce and simmer for 5 minutes to extract the spices. And until maple syrup is dissolved. Add vanilla extract here if you want. About 1/2 tsp. Mix again.
- Strain the nutmeg if you are using whole.
- Pour 2 – 3 ounces of the brewed concentrated tea you into a cup.
- Whisk your golden milk (the mix in the pot) again so create a frothy textures. You can also just use a frother.
- Pour 1/2 cup or so over your teacup to create a latte.
- Garnish with extra cinnamon and orange peel if desired. Repeat for 3 cups.
I use this Turmeric Root from Simple Organic. Nutrition shown based on 6oz serving using Almond Milk
- Category: drinks
- Method: stove
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 6 oz
- Calories: 146
- Sugar: 18.3g
- Sodium: 89.6mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 3.8g
- Carbohydrates: 22.7g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: golden milk, tumeric tea, latte, tea latte, immunity boosting
So you see, this Blood Orange Turmeric Tea Latte really does nourish the whole mind, body, and soul! A boost in brainpower, energy, and immunity will have you tackling your day, despite the weather! And in lickity split time! But also, you must believe in the power of real food as medicine. Corny, yes? Placebo effect? Nah! It’s all good and true baby!
What’s your cold busting remedy? Have you ever tried a Turmeric Tea Latte or a bulletproof tea latte?
Navel Orange vs Blood Orange – which team are you on? Orange you glad I asked? LOL!
P.S. I once wrote an entire recipe post for blood oranges and the whole time I wrote “Orange Blood.” Let’s just say my brain might need more Octane STAT. ACK!