Carrot salad with turmeric roasted chickpeas, rainbow carrots and tangy apple cider tahini dressing. It’s a vegan salad with a golden glow! This roasted chickpea salad recipe is simple to make, wholesome and nourishing. Enjoy this plant based recipe as a main meal or a healthy gluten free side dish to pass around the table. You choose!
I like color. Can you tell? Much like this Turmeric Roasted Chickpea Carrot Salad. Deep yellows, orange, red, purple. You name it. They somehow exuberant (my new favorite word) boldness, yet remain comforting and warming.
This is why I also ADORE FALL. Those colors. Not only in food, but in the environment around us. The leaves are changing, the sun light and sun set colors are changing, the air is changing. It’s almost like the FALL season is saying “HEY, LOOK AT ME! I’m a bad ass mother earth magician. Watch and see what I can do.” Boldness; that rich colorful boldness BLOOMS…. then BOOM, it’s gone. Going going going gone.
Where am I going with this? How in the world does it relate to a vegan carrot salad recipe? And with a creamy tart Apple Cider Tahini dressing I might add.
Well…. I like to think that our health, our bodies, our all around wellness in general, is much like Fall. Unless we GO BOLD. Unless we don’t let some things die off, Unless we don’t accept CHANGE, let alone embrace CHANGE, then we won’t live up to our full potential. Yep, deep thoughts on a Monday Ya’ll.
How to make Turmeric Roasted Chickpea Carrot Salad (1 minute video)
But this turmeric roasted chickpea carrot salad has me up to my elbows in warm fuzzy thoughts. You think I lie, I don’t. Good food, real food, beautiful bowls of food… that pure God Given Earth nourishment. It does that to me. It makes me stop and think about the season of nourishment we are in. And ya’ll, after a harsh dry Summer season, I am feeling parched. I want to sip on FALL slowly and all it’s flavor.
A comforting, nourishing, bold flavor. A kind of boldness that takes care of one another (and ourselves), while still allowing us to be vulnerable. That’s nourishment for the body and mind. The kind that allows balance.
Yes, balance is boldness. Rich dark chocolate caramel goodness is totally allowed. It’s right up with there with bowls of vegan curried soup and hearty stews. Do you notice those colors in those recipes? They are bold, rich, and deep. Ohhhh.. ponder that. Just sayin…
But back to the roasted chickpea salad…
I promise you I had no intention of getting all corny on a vegan holiday side dish recipe. Nope. Totally had a “ROASTED TURMERIC ON ALL THE THINGS” post planned.
I had this golden spice set up for bragging and then some. But then I woke up on a Sunday morning, coffee in hand, and began to think more about extending my season of self investment. It’s a season of change ya’ll. BIG BOLD change.
Not so much in my little space on the web, but in myself, in my marriage, and in the relationships I care deeply about. They need more depth and attention. Ahh… there, vulnerability. I said it. Change from the inside out.
Much like the Turmeric Roasted Chickpea Carrot Salad.
This “glowing” vegan salad. Oh ya’ll, there’s more to it than just a healthy side dish.
Health benefits of carrots and tumeric
Yes, a dish that will change you from the inside out. Okay, I totally slipped in the nerdy nutrition talk. Mwahahaahahaha!
Is eating carrots everyday good for you?
Carrots are healthy, but it’s best for the carrot salad to be orange and not your face. Yes, it’s true… too much of a good thing. All of that beta carotene can actually make your skin turn orange!
Is too much tumeric bad for you?
Fortunately, eating too much tumeric won’t have negative effects on your skin like overdosing on carrots will. However, too much tumeric, may cause an upset stomach, nausea, or dizziness.
And you know what? That big bold bowl of golden NOURISHMENT is just waiting to be devoured! Creamy Tart Cider tahini dressing and all. Because every bad ass bowl of boldness needs a soft”glow.”
Ready, set…. begin the inner Fall transformation now! haha. In other words, I’ll shut my corny Cotter self up and get to the carrot salad recipe. Mmmm k?Print
This roasted chickpea carrot salad is a great vegan dish for holidays. Quick to make and full of healthy fat, fiber, and plant based protein.
- 6-7 large Rainbow carrots
- 10 ounce can drained chickpeas
- 1/4 to 1/3 c olive oil
- 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4’tsp pepper
- optional crushed red pepper
- Fresh parsley
For the Apple Cider Tahini Dressing:
- 1/4c tahini or almond butter
- 1/2 tbsp ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- dash of black Pepper
- 2-3 tbsp warm almond or coconut milk
- Optional mustard powder 1/4tsp or 1/4 tsp cumin
- Preheat oven to 425F. Rinse and slice carrots then drain chick peas.
- Place in large bowl together. Add the rest of your oil, spices, and balsamic vinegar.
- Toss all together. Lay flat on greased baking sheets.
- Roast at 425F for 25-30 minutes, turning half way. While carrots are roasting, make the dressing (directions below).
For the Dressing:
- Blend all ingredients together in food processor or blender. Adjust sweetness or creaminess to your liking. You can thin it out with more vinegar or oil, or make more creamy thick texture by add more tahini.
- Remove carrots from oven and sprinkle with a bit of sea salt and crushed pepper.
- Place carrots and roasted garbanzo beans in large serving bowl.
- Add dressing on top (as much or as little as you desire).
- Toss all together and garnish with parsley.
- Any type of carrot or color will work.
- The apple cider tahini dressing is optional but very good. You can use almond butter in place of the tahini if desired. Just make sure its natural and creamy.
- Nutrition shown is based on salad without dressing. If you add dressing it’s closer to 275 -300 calories depending on if you want to use it as a side dish or main meal.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 231
- Sugar: 5.4g
- Sodium: 272.7mg
- Fat: 15.2g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 6.5g
- Protein: 4.7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: roasted garbanzo beans, carrot salad recipe, plant based recipe, vegan salad, gluten free meal
If Wednesdays are my Brain Boosting Paleo Recipe posts, then maybe Monday’s should be my Vegan Meatless mood boosting posts. Ya, I like that! Spicin’ things up. Pun intended… always.
Who’s ready to grab a spoon and “glow”?
What’s your favorite colorful dish? Ever tried Turmeric Roasted Vegetables?