Boost your health with a cold busting vegan orange turmeric tea latte! This bulletproof “Golden Milk” latte is loaded with extra Vitamin C, rich in minerals, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- 2 herbal tea bags (like ginger tea, orange hibiscus, or herbal tea of choice)
- 6 oz almond milk, other dairy free milk, or water
- 10–12 ounces almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric root (see notes for brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves or 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch of nutmeg, optional
- Optional pinch of black pepper for better absorbency
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or raw honey (use maple syrup for vegan)
- 1 juiced fresh orange or blood orange
- 1 Tablespoon 100% pure MCT (Coconut oil)
- Pinch of ground cinnamon for topping, optional
- Steep your tea bags in 6 oz of dairy free milk or water. You want the tea extra concentrated.
- Next place 10-12 ounces of coconut or almond milk in small pot. Add your ginger, cloves, turmeric, cinnamon, orange juice, maple syrup, and optional nutmeg. Whisk together.
- Bring to a soft boil, then reduce and simmer for 5 minutes to extract the spices. And until maple syrup is dissolved. Add vanilla extract here if you want. About 1/2 tsp. Mix again.
- Strain the nutmeg if you are using whole.
- Pour 2 – 3 ounces of the brewed concentrated tea you into a cup.
- Whisk your golden milk (the mix in the pot) again so create a frothy textures. You can also just use a frother.
- Pour 1/2 cup or so over your teacup to create a latte.
- Garnish with extra cinnamon and orange peel if desired. Repeat for 3 cups.
I use this Turmeric Root from Simple Organic. Nutrition shown based on 6oz serving using Almond Milk
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Category: drinks
- Method: stove
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 6 oz
- Calories: 146
- Sugar: 18.3g
- Sodium: 89.6mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 3.8g
- Carbohydrates: 22.7g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: golden milk, tumeric tea, latte, tea latte, immunity boosting