This Rosemary Almond Flour Pumpkin Bread is the perfect gluten free recipe for an easy breakfast or comforting side to chili or soup! Dairy free.
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup avocado oil or olive oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour or arrowroot flour
- 1/4 cup raw sugar or monk fruit sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of allspice or nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 Tablespoon fresh rosemary sprigs (or 3 teaspoon dried rosemary, divided)
- 1/4 cup raw or roasted pumpkin seeds (divided)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 9×5 bread pan, 8×4 loaf pan, or 2 mini loaf pans (see notes) with parchment paper. Grease or oil the inside of the pans.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, eggs, oil, and vinegar. Beat gently, or mix the ingredients with a spoon until they are smooth.
- In another bowl, sift together the almond flour, tapioca flour, sugar, baking soda, spices, and salt. Keep the pumpkin seeds and rosemary sprigs aside.
- Gently add part of the flour mixture to the bowl of wet ingredients, and mix until the batter is smooth. Repeat this step until all the flour is well-combined with the wet ingredients.
- Fold in 1 Tablespoon of fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons of dried rosemary and 2 to 3 Tablespoons of pumpkin seeds. Reserve the remaining seeds for topping.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan (or 2 smaller mini loaf pans).
- Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds and extra rosemary on top of the batter.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Check the bread for doneness after 30 minutes. If the center is not done, cover with foil and bake for another 5- 10 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and let the bread cool in the pan. After cooling, remove the bread from the pan, and slice or store it for later.
Freezing instructions: After cooling, wrap the bread in foil or wax paper, and freeze it for up to 6 months.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Bread, Side
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 237
- Sugar: 1.7 g
- Sodium: 191.7 mg
- Fat: 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.2 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 5.6 g
- Cholesterol: 50.7 mg
Keywords: paleo pumpkin bread, quick bread recipe, paleo bread recipe, almond flour bread, gluten free bread