Cranberry salsa with fresh avocado makes a delicious and healthy snack anytime. But, wait until you try it on top of homemade stone baked tortilla chips! It’s the ultimate chip and dip combo, perfect for healthy holiday appetizers or snacks. Better yet, both of these recipes are gluten-free, vegan-friendly, and a snap to make. Holiday party food never tasted so good!
This post is sponsored by KitchenAid..
Hey friends! I am in serious love with my new studio workspace, especially the kitchen. Have you seen the studio remodel kitchen reveal post yet? If not, you really need to take a peek at it. When you do, you’ll see all of the gorgeous appliances and kitchen tools that are available for everyone who wants to create deliciousness there!
There are so many favorite KitchenAid appliances in that kitchen to make cooking easier than ever! True fact: I just can’t stop creating recipes with them.
As a result, I have two gluten-free appetizer recipes to share with you today – just in time for your Thanksgiving and holiday parties! Because I’m crazy for healthy chips and gluten-free dips, I’m going big with these recipes for Avocado Cranberry Salsa and Homemade Stone-Baked Tortilla Chips.
Stone-Baked Tortilla Chips
I’ll get to the cranberry salsa recipe in a minute. Before that, I want to start with the most delicious homemade chips you will ever taste. Trust me on this! They’re perfectly crispy, golden brown, with just a hint of salt and lime. And because they’re gluten-free, I can munch away, and so can you!
This recipe is made using my new favorite appliance, the KitchenAid Smart Oven + with Powered Attachments. I go over a lot of the fancy details about this gorgeous oven in my reveal post, so be sure to check it out. What you need to know for sure is that this isn’t an ordinary oven, and there are three things that make it better than any other I have used.
Part of the magic of the Smart Oven+ is that it’s not just an oven, it’s a suite of appliances in one, including:
- Oven-powered grill
- Baking stone
GRILL SHIPS WITH OVEN. CONNECT, CALL OR REGISTER TO GET BAKING STONE AND STEAMER BY MAIL AT NO ADDITIONAL COST. Allow 10-15 days for delivery. Visit kitchenaid.com/redeem for full details.
We’re using the ceramic coated Baking Stone to create the baked tortilla chips. You guys, this stone is the secret magic to making extra crispy chips. Plus, it’s so gorgeous, you can even serve the chips and cranberry salsa right on the stone. Look at this!
- Slice gluten-free corn tortillas into wedges. I think the easiest way to do this is with a pizza slicer but a knife works too.
- Arrange the wedges in a single layer on the baking stone.
- Coat the chips with coconut or olive oil cooking spray. Brush a little bit of lime juice on top, then sprinkle with sea salt and paprika
- BAKE and EAT!
Now let’s talk about what to serve with these tasty homemade chips!
IGTV video to help walk you through this easy peasy recipe!
View this post on Instagram
Avocado Cranberry Salsa
Now, to make the easiest dip ever, I use a KitchenAid 7 up Food Processor. It’s the perfect size to hold all of the fruit salsa ingredients and it’s so easy to use with its one-click, twist-free bowl. Plus, it’s perfect if you’re short on storage space since you can store all accessories right in the bowl. I like to use it when I make mango chutney too.
Just toss the cranberry salsa ingredients into the food processor (minus the avocado) and give it a few pulses to combine everything. Then, transfer it to a pretty bowl and combine with the avocado.
Serve with all the fixings, baked tortilla chips, and get ready to eat!
Avocado cranberry salsa is a delicious snack on its own, but it’s best served with stone baked tortilla chips! These gluten free, vegan friendly holiday appetizers or snacks are SO easy to make!
Homemade Stone Baked Tortilla Chips
- 12–14 street taco size corn tortillas (gluten free) See notes for substitutes.
- 1 tbsp Avocado or olive oil
- Lime (juice)
- Sea salt
- Optional pinch of cumin
Cranberry Avocado Fruit Salsa
- 2 small avocados or 1.5 cups diced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 cups clementines or tangerines, peeled and diced or quartered
- 2/3 cup fresh cranberries (other berries may be used)
- 1 green onion, stem removed
- 1 small bunch cilantro or 1/2 cup chopped, stems removed
- Pinch of paprika or chili powder
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1–2 tbsp agave or honey (adjust to your taste)
- 1 jalapeño or Serrano pepper, seeded and sliced (adjust to spice level you desire)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut each tortilla into 4 chip-sized wedges. I do this using a pizza slicer. If you are using larger than 4-inch tortillas, slice into 8 chip-size wedges. Arrange the wedges in a single layer on the baking stone.
- Coat the chips with coconut or olive oil cooking spray. Brush a little bit of lime juice on top. Sprinkle with sea salt and paprika.
- Bake at 350 for 7 to 8 minutes. Turn wedges over and sprinkle extra salt/seasoning evenly over wedges. Bake an additional 7 to 8 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- To prepare salsa, combine avocado and juice in a medium bowl; toss gently to coat. Add clementine sections and remaining 6 ingredients into KitchenAid 7 Cup Food Processor. Select and push pulse button until finely diced mixture is made and herbs/onion are diced.
- Place into a bowl with avocado and lime and toss gently to combine. Serve salsa with chips.
Yield: 8-10 servings (serving size: 8 chips and 1/4 cup salsa)
Don’t have tangerine or cranberry? Don’t worry, any orange or berry will work!
12-14 street tacos are equivalents to 6-8 regular corn tortillas. Grain free tortillas may be substituted, but baking times will vary.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 8 chips and 1/4 cup salsa
Keywords: cranberry salsa, baked tortilla chips, KitchenAid smart oven, party foods, healthy snacks, gluten free
Alright my friends, who’s ready for some festive eating? Did I tell you I am obsessed with green and red? Well, I think you can tell with this post. 😉
Favorite Festive Appetizer? I know you must have a family favorite you’re just dying to share, yes?