Avocado cranberry salsa is a delicious snack on its own, but it’s best served with stone baked tortilla chips! These gluten free, vegan friendly holiday appetizers or snacks are SO easy to make!
Homemade Stone Baked Tortilla Chips
- 12–14 street taco size corn tortillas (gluten free) See notes for substitutes.
- 1 tbsp Avocado or olive oil
- Lime (juice)
- Sea salt
- Optional pinch of cumin
Cranberry Avocado Fruit Salsa
- 2 small avocados or 1.5 cups diced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 cups clementines or tangerines, peeled and diced or quartered
- 2/3 cup fresh cranberries (other berries may be used)
- 1 green onion, stem removed
- 1 small bunch cilantro or 1/2 cup chopped, stems removed
- Pinch of paprika or chili powder
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1–2 tbsp agave or honey (adjust to your taste)
- 1 jalapeño or Serrano pepper, seeded and sliced (adjust to spice level you desire)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut each tortilla into 4 chip-sized wedges. I do this using a pizza slicer. If you are using larger than 4-inch tortillas, slice into 8 chip-size wedges. Arrange the wedges in a single layer on the baking stone.
- Coat the chips with coconut or olive oil cooking spray. Brush a little bit of lime juice on top. Sprinkle with sea salt and paprika.
- Bake at 350 for 7 to 8 minutes. Turn wedges over and sprinkle extra salt/seasoning evenly over wedges. Bake an additional 7 to 8 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- To prepare salsa, combine avocado and juice in a medium bowl; toss gently to coat. Add clementine sections and remaining 6 ingredients into KitchenAid 7 Cup Food Processor. Select and push pulse button until finely diced mixture is made and herbs/onion are diced.
- Place into a bowl with avocado and lime and toss gently to combine. Serve salsa with chips.
Yield: 8-10 servings (serving size: 8 chips and 1/4 cup salsa)
Don’t have tangerine or cranberry? Don’t worry, any orange or berry will work!
12-14 street tacos are equivalents to 6-8 regular corn tortillas. Grain free tortillas may be substituted, but baking times will vary.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 8 chips and 1/4 cup salsa
Keywords: cranberry salsa, baked tortilla chips, KitchenAid smart oven, party foods, healthy snacks, gluten free