This frozen grape smoothie recipe is guaranteed to become a favorite snack or breakfast in your house! It’s sweet, refreshing, and ready in minutes. Add in a scoop of gluten free oats, protein powder, or chia seeds for a nutritional boost that leaves you feeling full for hours!
Frozen Fruit Smoothie Season is Here!
Summer is HERE. However, so is the heat, and it can be brutal. Luckily, we’ve got plenty of recipes like this tropical turmeric smoothie, super fruit kale smoothies, and our favorite frozen grape smoothie on hand to keep us cool! We know what you’re thinking. Grapes? In a smoothie? Oh, yes! It might sound crazy, but trust us, when frozen and combined with just a few simple ingredients they transform into an irresistible sweet, slushy treat.
This grape smoothie recipe is:
- Quick. All you have to do is toss the ingredients in a blender!
- Dairy-Free. Unlike most smoothies, this recipe utilizes non-dairy ingredients to create a creamy texture and rich taste everyone can enjoy.
- Versatile. We’re providing ingredient alternatives and optional mix-ins to satisfy all your dietary needs and preferences.
- Super Healthy. With simple, whole foods, this recipe is bursting with nutrients to help you feel your best!
Simple Ingredients, Big Health Benefits!
These ingredients make the perfect combination of nourishment and taste! And I bet you already have them in your fridge and pantry!
- Dairy Free Yogurt (or Greek Yogurt) creates a thick consistency and super creamy texture while also providing probiotics and calcium.
- Frozen Grapes help add sweetness to this smoothie but are also a good source of vitamin C, vitamin K, potassium, and more! In addition, red grapes are rich in quercetin, but we’ll get more into that later.
- Non-Dairy Milk such as oat milk, almond milk, or cashew milk provides the liquid needed to turn the ingredients from a fruit bowl into a smoothie. Depending on the type of milk used, the nutritional benefits will vary.
- Frozen Banana provides a thicker consistency and sweeter flavor and packs in potassium, vitamin C, and more!
- Vanilla Extract takes this grape smoothie to the next level by enhancing the natural flavors of the other ingredients.
Crazy About Quercetin
Quercetin is a type of flavonoid that helps give grapes their red color. It can also be found in blueberries, blackberries, beets, apples, olive oil, and more! Responsible for some pretty-looking produce, it’s also loaded with benefits! For example:
- It’s full of antioxidants that help fight oxidative stress.
- It has been shown to have an antihistamine effect which is especially beneficial during allergy season!
- It can help encourage blood flow, making foods that contain it great for our cardiovascular health.
- It is believed to be able to help ease leaky gut!
Can I Use Both Red and Green Grapes?
Yes! Any grapes you have on hand can be used for this frozen fruit smoothie. However, green grapes will result in a slightly more tart flavor. To enhance the natural sweetness and create a more tropical taste, try pairing them with pineapple or mango!
Tips to Make the Best Frozen Grape Smoothie Recipe
Learning how to make a smoothie is pretty straightforward. Just toss everything in a blender, and blend away! However, to achieve the best taste and texture, we have a few tried and tested tips to help you out.
Use Frozen Ingredients. The key to making a super thick smoothie is to use all frozen ingredients.
Shake It Up. If you prefer a thinner shake, remove your grapes from the freezer after just one hour.
Pro-Tip: Remove the stems from your grapes, and freeze them for at least 2 hours before using!
The Best Grape Smoothie Flavor Variations & Add-Ins
Make It Sweet! We think this grapes and milk smoothie is sweet enough on its own, but if you want to take it to the next level try adding in a bit of honey or maple syrup.
Boost the Protein. Add in a scoop of your favorite protein powder or collagen! We love using to a sprouted pea protein because of the creamy thick texture it gives. However, collagen and any other plant based protein can be used. We recommend sticking with a neutral flavor like vanilla!
Add a Scoop of Healthy Fats. Include chia seeds for a dose of omega fatty acids to keep you satisfied.
Carb Up. Gluten free oats can be included to bulk up your smoothie, add fiber, and make it perfect for post workout recovery.
Swap Out the Yogurt. For a quick and easy dairy free option, substitute the yogurt with chilled canned coconut milk! Just be sure to let it thicken in the fridge for at least 24 hours.
We all know smoothies don’t store that well in the fridge, but that doesn’t mean you can’t make them for meal prep with our go-to smoothie packs! To do so:
- Add the milk to an ice cube tray, and freeze.
- Add the frozen milk and remaining ingredients to a sealable bag or freezable container, and place in the freezer.
- Toss everything in a blender with ½-1 cup more milk or water, and blend!
More Smoothie Recipes
Stay cool all summer long with even more of our favorite smoothies!
- This spirulina superfood smoothie is made with fresh and simple ingredients for a balanced meal that can help improve digestion and reduce inflammation.
- Loaded with vitamin C and rich in antioxidants, immunity boosting smoothies are made with orange juice, strawberries, and cranberries for a sweet drink that will keep you feeling great!
- Packed with healthy fats, anti-inflammatory properties, and full of flavor, chai spiced turmeric bowls leave you feeling nourished and healthy.