Refreshing and so good for you, this dairy free frozen grape smoothie recipe is the perfect easy recipe for a quick breakfast or nourishing afternoon pick-me-up!
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla dairy free yogurt or Greek yogurt – see notes for other substitutes
- 1 cup frozen grapes (stems removed)
- 14 ounces (1 3/4 cups) almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup ice or small frozen banana
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional sweetener – 1/2 Tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- Optional Add-Ins for Thickness – 1/3 cup gluten free oats, 1 Tablespoon chia seeds, or protein powder of choice.
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend on high speed until thick and creamy.
- Serve immediately. See notes for make ahead option.
Make-Ahead Option: Place the milk in an ice cube tray, and freeze. Add all ingredients to a sealable bag or freezable container, and store in the freezer. Add all ingredients to a blender with ½ to 1 cup liquid. Blend on high speed until smooth.
Alternative Dairy Free Yogurt Option – chilled canned coconut milk (thickened in the fridge for 24 hours)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 17.3 g
- Sodium: 168.7 mg
- Fat: 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Fiber: 2.3 g
- Protein: 3.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: smoothie, grapes, dairy free smoothie, protein, gluten free, smoothie with grapes, gluten free, kid friendly