This kid friendly dairy-free meal plan is full of delicious back to school recipes that kids love! All of these kid friendly recipes are healthy, gluten free AND dairy free, making life a little less stressful for parents of kids who have food allergies.
Alright, Labor day is over so we can officially say that most of us are back to work, back to school, back to a routine. Right? I feel it! It’s kind of nice to get back into the groove. That being said, I also feel as is Fall is always still so BUSY! I’d love to help you guys stay sane with gluten free meal prep, meal plans, and of course Corny Cotter Nutrition Tidbits. Sound good?
This month’s gluten-free meal plan is for all you parents out there! And for the big kids, really. Like us. Haha! A kid friendly dairy-free meal plan is full of delicious back to school recipes that kids (and big kid adults) love! These recipes are full of flavor and color, as you can see, but free of dairy, casein, and gluten. They are perfect for fueling the growing body and mind! WOOHOO! Now you can feel good about what you put on the table.
If you need any SUBSTITUTIONS, just email or leave a comment. I’m happy to help! There is a shopping list and a the bottom. And if you need a PDF version of the gluten-free/dairy-free meal plan, just click here.
Let’s get cookin!
Kid Friendly Dairy-Free Meal Plan – BREAKFAST
SUPER POWER vegan smoothie bowls, blended extra thick and creamy with frozen berries, coconut oil, and peanut butter. These will leave you energized, full, and nourished.
This is a simple and delicious, versatile paleo bread recipe your whole family will love! Made with just a few simple ingredients, it’s a nourishing wholesome bread for breakfast or snacking.
This dairy free oatmeal is a “superfood” breakfast treat! A banana oatmeal recipe that tastes like dessert, yet satisfying and nourishing! Made with natural ingredients and a boost of protein.
Smoothies make a great healthy breakfast, snack, or dessert. Fresh berries, almonds, coconut milk, and other wholesome ingredients make this vegan smoothie recipe delicious! You’re gonna love ’em!
Kid Friendly Dairy-Free Meal Plan – LUNCH
This fully loaded MEXICAN style avocado toast recipe is gluten free, vegan friendly, and loaded with flavor!! A simple, yet spicy, meatless meal, or even a healthy appetizer.
This wholesome and healthy Buddha bowl recipe is filled with superfood ingredients and is a delicious way to get a variety of nutrients into your child’s diet!
This ham chowder is a wonderful way to use leftover ham! Creamy, comforting, healthy, and flavorful! An easy, kid friendly dairy-free recipe for the whole family. You’ll love it!
Kid Friendly Dairy-Free Meal Plan – DINNER
A healthy one pan meal made with fresh orange, molasses, onion, marmalade, and seasoning. The marinated pork chops have a sweet and tangy flavor.
This baked chicken recipe is simple to make with gluten-free panko bread crumbs and spices! Bake it with veggies for an easy one pan meal. A healthy dinner is ready in under 45 minutes!
This stew is packed with nourishment and warming flavors. It’s fantastic over rice and feeds a crowd! Freezer friendly and made with healthy, real food ingredients!
This quick one pan meal is ready in 30 minutes! A complete dinner with healthy, light fish, baked with wholesome vegetables. Even non fish lovers like this recipe!
Kid Friendly Dairy-Free Meal Plan – SNACKS / DESSERT
These sweet treats are super easy to make and are coated in dairy free dark chocolate. A classic buckeyes recipe with a healthy boost, and no baking required!
These healthy snack bars are inspired by my love for Hawaiian flavors! With dried pineapple, cashew, coconut, lime, and a coconut glaze, this easy recipe has an explosion of tropical flavor!
An easy fruit and grain bar recipe that’s made with whole grains, dairy free friendly, and QUICK! You will love how simple this kid friendly recipe is! Perfect for the lunch box, dessert, or after school snacks.
HOPE YOU FOUND THIS MONTH’S KID-FRIENDLY DAIRY FREE MEAL PLAN AND RECIPE IDEAS HELPFUL!
Please let me know if you have any questions. Everyone’s nutritional needs are different, so take that in mind. All in all, you can’t go wrong with taking time to prep and enjoy REAL FOOD!
- · Dozen eggs
- · Coconut or non-dairy yogurt for topping
- · Coconut cream or milk (thickened portion that’s solid) (regular or lite)
- · Almond or coconut milk
- · Parmesan cheese or feta cheese
- · Fresh orange juice
- · 2 cod fillets (4oz-5oz each) – or other white fish such as haddock or tilapia. We use Sizzlefish
- · 8 ounces diced smoked or honey ham
- · 2 lbs chicken breast (skinless)
- · 1 lb pork (lean or loin)
- · 3-4 lean pork chops (bone in)
- · Apple, Banana, Orange
- · 2 limes 2 lemons
- · Avocado
- · Tomatillo and Cherry tomatoes
- · 1/2 lb asparagus spears and brussel sprouts (shavings or chopped, 2 cups)
- · 4 parsnips and 1 bunch celery sticks
- · Whole radish (about 5-6)
- · 1 large sweet potato and Red potatoes – 3 cups
- · 4 onions and · 1 shallot
- · 2 garlic bulbs
- · Fresh ginger
- · 1 bunch watercress and 1 bunch (or bag) spinach
- · Parsley and Cilantro
- · Jalapeno, Bonnet peppers or other hot peppers of choice (sliced)
- · Fresh basil, oregano, Rosemary to garnish (optional)
- Dried pineapple, raisins.
- Dijon mustard
- Garlic tomato sauce and or plain tomato sauce
Gluten Free Pantry Staples
- · Gluten Free Flour ( We love Bob Red Mill’s 1:1 Flour)
- · Fine blanched almond flour /Coconut Flour /Peanut flour
- · Flax seed meal or chia meal
- · Potato starch or tapioca starch
- · Cinnamon, Red chili flakes, Red pepper Ground coriander, Cayenne, paprika
- · Garlic powder or Garlic salt
- · Ground ginger and Turmeric powder (optional)
- · Vanilla extract
- · Coconut sugar
- · Raw cashews, roasted Pumpkin seeds, chopped nuts
- · Shredded unsweetened coconut
- · Chocolate chips of choice. We use enjoy life vegan dark chocolate. Unsweetened chocolate for lower sugar.
- · Apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- · Balsamic vinegar
- · Clarified butter (melted) or coconut oil
- · Chia seed
- · Honey or maple syrup (you can use xylitol syrup if you are wanting no sugar)
- · Organic extra virgin olive oil
- · Organic chunky peanut butter and Sunflower seed butter
- · Gluten free oats or quick oats
- · Vegan protein
- · Gluten free bread
- · Cooked pinto beans (I used my Mexican beans recipe. Or organic canned beans)
- · Rice and Quinoa
- · organic chicken broth
- · Coconut aminos or gluten free soy sauce/tamari
Please see my SHOP page for MANY of my favorite pantry staples and other kitchen tools to use.
Got any kid friendly dairy-free meals you love? Do share!
*There are a few affiliate links within this post to help support Cotter Crunch site. Thanks so much!