This budget friendly gluten free meal plan will show you how to create delicious and healthy gluten free meals, without spending a fortune on the ingredients. Making gluten free meals on a tight grocery budget is possible!
The great thing about this budget friendly gluten free menu plan is that all of the recipes in the meal plan can be created for an average cost of ten dollars per serving, per day. Yes, seriously! So, for example, if you’re feeding a family of four people, you’ll need a grocery budget of $40 to buy all of the ingredients to make all of the meals in this meal plan.
Are you muttering under your breath?
How on earth can I make three healthy, gluten free meals for one person on just ten dollars?
It’s possible, because none of these recipes uses crazy expensive ingredients. Just wholesome, healthy, real food. Watch the magic, friends!
Disclosure: Throughout this budget friendly gluten free meal plan, I will be linking to some of my favorite ingredients to use when making the recipes. They’re affiliate links, so if you click through and make a purchase, it won’t cost you any additional money, but I’ll make a few cents off of the sale. I use the money to help run this website, which lets me put even more healthy and delicious recipes into your hands. So, thank you in advance for supporting Cotter Crunch!
At the bottom of this post, I’ll include a grocery shopping list with all of the ingredients you’ll need to make these meals.
Gluten Free Breakfast on a Budget
Gluten Free Lunch or Brunch on a Budget
Omit Jerky if needed to save on Costs. Or add Ground turkey!
Gluten Free Dinner on a Budget
Budget Friendly Gluten Free Snacks
Grocery shopping list for ingredients needed to make this budget friendly gluten free meal plan:
- Gluten free maple or apple sausage – we use Al fresco fully cooked chicken sausage breakfast links.
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Non GMO polenta, cooked
- Grass Fed Butter or non dairy butter
- 4 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- Maple syrup
- Gluten free rolled oats
- Gluten free apple or buttermilk pancake mix
- 15 eggs
- 6-7 slices gluten free bread
- Dried pinto beans
- 1 can Organic cooked black beans
- 1 can Organic cooked white beans
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp walnuts
- red wine vinegar
- apple cider vinegar
- sesame oil
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 1 red chili pepper or jalapeno,
- 1 large yellow or white onion
- 1 shallot
- 2/3 cup chopped green onion (scallions)
- red pepper flakes
- Smoked or regular paprika
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- 1 rosemary sprig or 1 tsp dried herb of choice
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup packed basil leaves
- 3 mint leaves
- curry powder
- 1 cup roasted red peppers or roasted chile peppers
- 1 large lemon
- 3 avocados
- 1 tomatillo
- 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 apples, any variety
- 1 large carrot
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 cups cauliflower rice (about one small head of cauliflower)
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots mix
- 3 tbsp gluten free tamari sauce
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- 6 oz chopped or finely diced salmon (raw or canned works)
- 1/3 cup cooked butternut squash (pureed or mashed)
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 c dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup honey roasted nuts or if vegan, maple glazed pecans
- 1 tsp honey (optional – omit if vegan or whole30)
- 1 cup green lentils
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free chicken broth or vegetable stock
- tapioca starch/flour (potato starch, ground oats/oat flour, or almond flour can be subbed)
- Natural (no stir) peanut butter
- gluten free vanilla extract
- coconut flour
- Peanut flour
- baking powder /baking soda
- coconut sugar
- coconut flour
- ground cinnamon
- sea salt
- black pepper
- olive oil
- coconut oil
Please see my SHOP page for MANY of my favorite pantry staples and other kitchen tools to use.
If you have any questions, feel free to comment or email me. Would love feed back or more ideas for future meal plans!