This budget friendly gluten free meal plan will show you how to create delicious and healthy gluten-free meals, without spending a fortune on the ingredients. Making gluten-free meals on a tight grocery budget is possible!
The great thing about this budget friendly gluten free meal plan is that all of the recipes here can be created for an average cost of 5 dollars per person, per day. Yes, seriously! So, for example, if you’re feeding a family of four people, you’ll need a grocery budget of $20 per day for 5 days ($100 for the week) to buy all of the ingredients to make all of the meals in this meal plan for 5 days. And if you utilize leftovers, then this can easily stretch through the entire week!
Are you muttering under your breath?
How on earth can I make three healthy, gluten free meals for one person on just 5 dollars?
It’s possible because none of these recipes use crazy expensive ingredients. Just wholesome, healthy, real food. Watch the magic, friends!
Disclosure: Throughout this budget friendly gluten free meal plan, I will be linking to some of my favorite ingredients to use when making the recipes. They’re affiliate links, so if you click through and make a purchase, it won’t cost you any additional money, but I’ll make a few cents off of the sale. I use the money to help run this website, which lets me put even more healthy and delicious recipes into your hands. So, thank you in advance for supporting Cotter Crunch!
At the bottom of this post, I’ll include a grocery shopping list with all of the ingredients you’ll need to make these meals.
Budget Friendly Gluten Free Breakfast Recipes
Budget Friendly Gluten Free Brunch and Lunches
If necessary, omit the jerky to save on grocery costs, or use ground turkey!
Budget Friendly Gluten Free Dinners
Budget Friendly Gluten Free Snacks
Budget Friendly Gluten Free Meal Plan Grocery Shopping List
Money saving tip – Buy the dirty dozen produce organic, the rest can be bought non-organic.
- Gluten-free maple or apple sausage – we use Al Fresco brand fully cooked chicken sausage breakfast links.
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Non-GMO polenta or cornmeal
- Butter or nondairy butter
- 4 ounces shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Maple syrup or honey
- Gluten free rolled oats
- Gluten-free buttermilk pancake mix
- 15 eggs
- 6-7 slices gluten-free bread
- Dried pinto beans
- 1 can organic cooked black beans
- 1 can organic cooked white beans
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- red wine vinegar
- apple cider vinegar
- sesame oil
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 1 red chili pepper or jalapeno pepper
- 1 large yellow or white onion
- 1 shallot
- 2/3 cup chopped green onions (scallions)
- red pepper flakes
- Smoked or regular paprika
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- 1 rosemary sprig or 1 tsp dried herb of choice
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup packed basil leaves
- 3 mint leaves
- curry powder
- 1 cup roasted red peppers or roasted chile peppers
- 1 large lemon
- 3 avocados
- 1 tomatillo
- 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 apples, any variety
- 1 large carrot
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 cups cauliflower rice (one small head of cauliflower)
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots mix
- 3 tbsp gluten-free tamari sauce
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- 6 oz chopped or finely diced salmon (canned salmon is fine)
- 1/3 cup cooked butternut squash (pureed or mashed)
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup honey roasted nuts or if vegan, maple glazed pecans
Pantry Staples –
To save money, trying buying these at Costco or on Amazon Prime Pantry!
- 1 cup green lentils
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free chicken broth or vegetable stock
- tapioca starch/flour (potato starch, ground oats/oat flour, or almond flour can be subbed)
- Natural (no stir) peanut butter
- gluten-free vanilla extract
- coconut flour
- Peanut flour
- baking powder /baking soda
- coconut sugar
- ground cinnamon
- sea salt
- black pepper
- olive oil
- coconut oil
If you have any questions, feel free to comment or email me. Would love feedback or more ideas for future meal plans!