Anti-inflammatory boosting Tropical Turmeric Golden Milk Smoothie! A paleo and vegan friendly smoothie packed with the mega nutrients from turmeric tea golden milk and tropical fruit combined! Packed with fiber, healthy fats, and a whole lotta nourishment!
Well well well… guess what’s trending? Um, yes. Turmeric Golden Milk. And it’s about time! We have used turmeric tea “golden” milk and turmeric lemonade in recipes and vegan smoothies for years, due to the amazing anti-inflammatory benefits. It was our go to for recovery after my husband’s hard training weeks, racing, etc. But I’m guessing some celebrity used it in a “detox” and now the whole world is golden milk obsessed. Haha, okay maybe I’m exaggerating. I wish I could take credit for it’s new trending fame, I can’t. Darn!
Regardless of turmeric tea golden milk being trendy, it really does deserve some recognition for its super duper healthy benefits.
Ahem… oh golden milk. I love thee. Let me count the ways.
- GOLDEN (as in A STAR) –> because Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric. It has UNREAL anti-inflammatory effects and can help reduce chronic inflammation in the body/muscles.
- An amazing ANTIOXIDANT and can help fight against oxidative stress in the body (which is needed during summer due to sun exposure, travel, etc.)
- BRAIN BOOSTING – Curcumin is believed to boost levels of the brain hormone BDNF. This hormone helps decrease age-related brain function and brain degenerative diseases. (source)
- BLOOD SUGAR REGULATING – Curcumin reduces the activity of certain liver enzymes that release sugar into the bloodstream. But at the same time curcumin also will activate enzymes that store sugar as glycogen. So really, it’s all about improving the insulin receptor when sugar is released.
- CANCER FIGHTING – Yes, all these health perks and more can reduce your chances of disease. Love love love that.
Okay so we know Turmeric is amazing but why Turmeric tea Golden milk? Well, it’s because in order to get more “bang for your buck” from turmeric, the curcumin needs to be EXTRACTED. Which is what happens when you steep the turmeric Spice in a tea with “milk” Hence the golden MILK! Oh and the black pepper added is what helps you really absorb the curcumin. I know, so much thoughts here. But that’s why you have me. To explain the KEY points and then give you a tasty tropical turmeric milk vegan smoothie to follow up with it. Right?
Yea I’m loving all tropical smoothies I’m hoping this type of tropical golden vegan smoothie will become trendy. It’s possible, right?
It’s made with banana (potassium), papaya (digestive enzyme support), coconut milk, frozen mango, and of course the turmeric and black pepper to make it golden and powerful to boot!
Plus all you need to do is just BREW and BLEND!
Kitchen Tools to Make this Tropical Turmeric Golden Milk Smoothie
So Have I convinced you to hop on the golden train? I mean the turmeric gold milk train? Oh gosh, i’m corny. I know.
*Be sure to use unsweetened coconut milk if you are using canned*
Either way, if you are active, stressed, traveling a ton, or just need an IMMUNITY boost, then blend up one of this potent vegan smoothie and enjoy…. DAILY! I also like just making the golden milk on it’s own in place of coffee. It’s a great way to sip on something nourishing in the morning and give your body a little TLC without caffeine. A morning tea!
In the meantime, I’ll hand you a blended one to try!
p.s. don’t wear white when handling turmeric. It’s also powerful in COLOR. Like whoa!
Turmeric .. love it or not? Have you tried golden milk yet?