Healthy meal prep starts with this anti-inflammatory breakfast recipe for Turmeric Oven Scrambled Eggs. Baking eggs in the oven is a great way to prep healthy meals for the week, and turmeric helps battle inflammation while brightening the flavor of ordinary scrambled eggs!
This Turmeric Oven Scrambled Eggs recipe is sponsored by the good people at Eggland’s Best!. Thank you for supporting the brands that help keep the gluten free meal prep and meal plan recipes cranking out of the Cotter Crunch kitchen.
If you are new around here, you may not know this, but I have a love affair going on with turmeric. The inflammatory fighting compounds, its golden hue, the earthy taste – I like to add it to my meal plan as often as possible. And this amazing spice pairs perfectly with just about ANY food or recipe! Yep, it’s a winner!
Here are a few of my favorite recipes with turmeric:
- Cold-Busting Orange Turmeric Tea
- Tropical Turmeric Golden Milk Vegan Smoothie
- Turmeric Roasted Chickpea Carrot Salad (Garbanzo Bean Salad)
Since we are currently running the anti-inflammatory diet meal prep challenge, I decided we should combine my love with turmeric with my love for EGGS and make it a healthy meal prep recipe for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner. Yes, you can totally meal prep eggs and you can totally oven bake scrambled eggs all on one SHEET PAN!
So bust out the eggs, the spices, the almond milk, and the sheet pan. We’re making Tumeric Oven Scrambled Eggs!
How are Turmeric Oven Scrambled Eggs good for healthy meal prep?
Essentially, turmeric oven scrambled eggs are baked eggs, cooked in the oven in a large casserole dish or a sheet pan (as mentioned above). That alone might save you some time and stove top space. All you do is whisk your eggs milk and spices. Then gently pour into onto a sheet pan (oiled) that has a couple inches of height as well. Then pop these in the oven, stir halfway, then bake again. All done in 15 minutes. No need to stand in front of the stove top and fry with butter. No unhealthy fats needed, just the good fats!
Here are some ideas of how to prep these eggs once cooked! And by the way, you’re totally allowed to eat the eggs with fork right off the pan. I *might* have done that with bit cilantro and avocado added. 🙂
TURMERIC CLEANING TIP:
Side note –> You can EASILY clean the yellow off the pan with a bit of baking soda or this Bar Keepers solution. I didn’t even have to soak the pan.
Oven “Golden” Turmeric Scrambled eggs for….
Lunch, add turmeric scrambled eggs to a salad, or serve them with some steamed veggies and maybe some lentils. Mmmm!
And come on… who doesn’t like breakfast for dinner?! BRINNER! Simple with fresh fruit and gluten free toast or my homemade cinnamon almond flour bread!
Now let’s talk about the recipe. The combo of eggs and turmeric are a match made in nutrition heaven! This meal is packed with health benefits to kick start your day!
- Turmeric helps brighten the flavor and color of scrambled eggs, and it has healthy perks!
- There is a compound called curcumin in turmeric, which is fantastic at fighting inflammation! Also, turmeric is a powerful herb that helps to kickstart your day. Turmeric is more effective than many prescription herbs, regulates cholesterol and even manages diabetes.
- EGGS! Oh the power of eggs! We use Egglands’ Best eggs around here because their eggs have almost double the nutrients than most.
- Eggland’s best has 125 m of Omega-3s compared to 49 mg in ordinary eggs. Omega -3’s are support heart health, brain and eye function, infant development, and alleviating hypertension.
- Eggland’s best contain 38% more Lutein, an important antioxidant for eye health, than ordinary eggs
- Eggs (in general) contain Vitamin D which can help boost bone density and is much needed during the darker month’s with little sunlight. Like now, Winter. Each EB egg contains 6 times more Vitamin D than ordinary eggs.
- SUGAR FREE- This is healthy meal prep recipe is not only rich in protein and anti-inflammatory properties, but it’s naturally sugar-free and whole 30 friendly
Kick Start your day with this anti-inflammatory breakfast recipe for Turmeric Oven Scrambled Eggs.
8 -10 large eggs
1/2 c unsweetened almond milk or non dairy milk of choice
1/2 to 1 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp black pepper and kosher salt each
Pinch (1/4 tsp or so) of cumin
Small sheet pan 18″ x 26″ with at least 2 inches in height to prevent eggs from not spilling or 9×13 baking dish
- Optional toppings – Cilantro, avocado, salsa, cheese, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Whisk eggs, milk, turmeric and other spices together in a larger bowl. Gently pour egg batter on an oiled sheet pan (or in large casserole dish).
- Place in oven for 10-12 minutes or until eggs have started to set. Remove or gently pull the out the oven rack, stir eggs on the sheet pan with wooden spatula, then slide back in oven.
- Place sheet pan back in oven for about 8 – 10 minutes or until eggs are set and semi soft for scramble eggs, to your liking. Remove from oven stir again with spatula.
- Serve hot with toppings, like peppers and cilantro. Or store in airtight container for up to 4 days.
- *Alternatively, you can bake the eggs for 15-17 minutes without scrambling and then slice into baked eggs squares.
- Optional toppings – cilantro, peppers, avocado, salsa, etc.
- To clean the Turmeric off the pan, simple soak in baking soda or bar keepers solution. It comes off very easy and should be simple to clean if you greased or oiled the pan prior.
Keywords: turmeric, eggs, oven baked, scrambled eggs, paleo, whole 30, meal prep
Alright my friends, we’re determied to keep this anti-inflammatory + meal prep challenge going strong! I hope you are joining! (FB Group here).
Have you ever scrambled eggs in the oven? What’s your go to meal prep for breakfast? Any turmeric lovers out there? Show me whatcha got!Kick Start your day with this anti-inflammatory breakfast recipe for Turmeric Oven Scrambled Eggs. Click To Tweet