This vegan Turmeric Smoothie recipe with golden milk is the perfect breakfast or easy snack made with tropical ingredients such as turmeric, pineapple, mango, ginger, and banana for a naturally sweetened, paleo, & kid-friendly recipe that can be prepped in minutes and taken on the go!
- 16 to 18 ounces (2 + cups) coconut or almond milk (plain and unsweetened)
- 2 teaspoons to 1 tablespoon honey, maple syrup, or agave (adjust to your liking)
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch of black pepper
- brewed golden milk (above)
- 1 small banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups diced pineapple or papaya (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup diced mango (fresh or frozen)
- optional fresh mint to garnish.
- optional add ins –protein powder, chia seed, flax, etc.
- First, brew the golden milk by combining all 5 ingredients into a small saucepan or stock pot. Bring to a quick boil and reduce to a low simmer for 5 minutes. Whisk until blended.
- Remove from heat and let cool down to room temperature, or place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Add the fresh/frozen fruit to a blender and pour the cooled golden milk on top. Add any optional mix-ins you desire.
- Blend until smooth. Serve immediately with fresh mint (optional) or pour in to cups and place in fridge for serve later.
For thicker smoothies, use frozen fruit.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: drinks
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size: 8 ounces
- Calories: 182
- Sugar: 28.6 g
- Sodium: 166.7 mg
- Fat: 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: kid-friendly, paleo, vegan, vegetarian, smoothie, tropical, turmeric, golden milk, breakfast, snack, banana, pineapple, mango, papaya