This easy homemade Garlic Aioli recipe makes for a delicious Mediterranean sauce!
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard or honey mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup olive oil (adjust to desired thickness)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh-chopped Mediterranean herbs (can substitute dried; use 1 teaspoon dried rosemary + 1 teaspoon dried oregano)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (4 cloves)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt & pepper (or more to taste)
- Place egg yolk, mustard, lemon juice, in a food processor or blender. Blend until creamy.
- With the food processor or blender running, very slowly drizzle in the oil in a thin stream. It should take about 2 minutes to drizzle the oil in; take your time.
- Add the remaining herbs or spices. Process another 20-30 seconds to incorporate completely.
- Remove and place aioli in a bowl. Let the aioli set in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Serve with homemade chips/fries, on fish, steamed artichoke, and more!
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: condiment
- Method: blend
- Cuisine: mediterranean
- Serving Size: 1 Tablespoon
- Calories: 106
- Sugar: 0.1 g
- Sodium: 80.4 mg
- Fat: 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 0.6 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 0.8 g
- Cholesterol: 52.7 mg
Keywords: aioli, garlic and herb aioli, homemade aioli, sauce, paleo, condiment