Pumpkin Oatmeal Bread is a simple, yet wholesome breakfast or homemade gift to give for holidays. You can’t beat this delicious healthy combo; rolled oats, pure pumpkin, honey, cinnamon, and toasted nuts or dark chocolate chips to top. This pumpkin oatmeal bread is gluten free, dairy free, and ready in 45 minutes.
Hey friends! I hope your December is off to a nice start! Just letting you know this Gluten Free Pumpkin Oatmeal Bread recipe was originally published in December 2013 (GASP!). I retested and updated content and pictures. I really wanted to re-share this goodie of a Holiday recipe because it makes an amazing DIY gift or breakfast to enjoy with butter and maple syrup or honey. Just sayin… I hope you don’t mind me republishing. Thank you for following Cotter Crunch Y’all!
I have a small confession. It’s been a month since I actually bought a can of pumpkin. Remember that pumpkin quinoa porridge? Yep, that’s the last time I bought it. Shocking, I know. I guess you could say I’ve fallen short on the pumpkin train compared to last year’s pumpkin bread, pumpkin spaghetti squash pasta, pumpkin overnight oats, pumpkin spice trail mix. Okay pumpkin spice doesn’t really count as pumpkin, but you get my point. I”VE LET THE PUMPKIN PEOPLE DOWN! Kidding. Kinda.
Anyways, it’s time to make up for my lack of orange in recipes, starting with ….
Gluten Free Pumpkin Oatmeal Bread!
But first, let be profess my three reasons why I decided to finally purchase a second can of pumpkin. I think it will entertain you. Maybe? Ha!
1. It was on sale. Ya’ll, pumpkin and oatmeal (gluten free) were half off right after Thanksgiving.And you know I’m sucker for budget friendly foods. I took this as an incentive to start making homemade holiday gifts (breads, muffins and dough balls, all the gluten free cookies, etc.).
2. The Kiwi (aka my husband) has decided to start running to work…. at 6am…. in the dark… downhill 6 miles… in 20 degrees and snow. Now if that isn’t something to tell our future kids, you know the whole walked to school in 10 feet of snow both way story, then I don’t know what is. Needless to say, he needed some QUICK wholesome breakfast fuel. Hence Gluten Free Pumpkin Oatmeal Bread. The homemade breakfast bread kinda makes me a more supportive wife, right?
3. And my last reason is kind of pathetic, but true. I burned the roof of mouth last weekend (dang that hot soup) and about the only thing I could eat for a few days was soft gluten free breads, pumpkin puree, smoothies, yogurt, oatmeal, and eggs. Not a bad diet if you ask me. But dang, I’d love some crunch into this Nacho salad right about now. First world problems… ahem… moving on.
All this to say it was the week of pumpkin oatmeal bread baking! But I’m guessing you don’t mind because most about 95% of you out there are IN LOVE with pumpkin and oatmeal anyways. Might as well keep feeding the addiction, right?
Here is my favorite pumpkin bread recipe I made this week. It’s superfood seasonal bread that’s lightly sweet, soft, delicious, dairy free, easy to make, and DIVINE!
Excuse my run on sentence and let’s get baking!
Gluten free PUMPKIN Oatmeal Bread
Pumpkin is so heavenly to bake with! This Gluten Free Pumpkin Oatmeal Bread is great for holidays or as homemade gifts. Ready in under an hour. Dairy free.
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats (extra for topping).
- 2/3 heaping cup gluten free all purpose flour (a 1:1 gluten free flour works best)
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of Kosher or sea salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut milk or almond milk of choice
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup egg white
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp molasses (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- Optional – handful of dark chocolate chips or dried fruit
- 2-3 tbsp chopped nuts or seeds (to top)
- Honey to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease or line a bread pan. I used a smaller 8×4 so that the bread would rise higher. A 9×5 works as well. See notes.
- Place your oats in a blender or coffee grinder and blend until a mealy flour is formed. Pour into a large bowl.
- Next, add the rest of your dry ingredients to the ground oats; Gluten free flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon. Mix together.
- In a blender or small bowl, whisk your egg and egg white to until fluffy. Place in a small bowl and add in your milk. Mix gently.
- Fold in your egg milk mix with the dry ingredients. Last, add your pumpkin puree, molasses, vanilla, and vinegar. Gently stir until batter until blended.
- Pour in a lined bread pan (square brownie pan will work too if you don’t have a bread pan)
- Add a few tablespoons of rolled oats and nuts/seed on top.
- Drizzle with honey
- Place in oven at 375F for about 30 minutes. Check a little earlier just in case your oven bakes faster.
- Cover with foil and bake and addition 10-15 minutes or until center of the bread comes out clean with a tooth pick.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and slice to serve. Or keep for future. Wrap in foil and keep in fridge or freezer. See notes
Keeps well in fridge for 7-10 days or freezer for 6 weeks. If you are using a 9×5 pan, the bread will bake faster.
Keywords: pumpkin bread, bread, gluten free, dairy free, oatmeal bread, healthy
Eat up, but be sure not to turn orange.
Oh and by the way, if you want to see what this gluten free pumpkin oatmeal bread first looked like 5 years ago, in the first 2012 post, check out this picture.Haha, LOVE old posts/pictures.Wholesome Gluten Free Pumpkin Oatmeal Bread!Click To Tweet
PUMPKIN PEOPLE! Have you kept up with the pumpkin this year? Pumpkin Oatmeal combo, love it? Do share your recipes!