This healthy pumpkin bread with rolled oats is deliciously moist, and full of pumpkin flavor! Make this quick bread recipe in just 45 minutes, for a gluten free breakfast or snack.
I have a small confession. I’ve been hoarding canned pumpkin, and yet, I have only used it once in this pumpkin overnight oats recipe. Shocking, I know. That being said, I have shared my cans with family and friends in search of this seasonal goodness. Sharing is caring, am I right? 😉
But today, we’re bringing back an oldie but goodie pumpkin recipe. It even has a new VIDEO (below) for you to follow along! This is a staple recipe come fall and makes for a delightful holiday gift. Pumpkin Oatmeal Bread!
Healthy Pumpkin Bread
Healthy as is WHOLESOME! This quick bread recipe is made with the simplest ingredients and so flavorful and filling.
WHAT MAKES THIS QUICK BREAD GOOD FOR YOU?
- Gluten Free Rolled Oats – Rich in B Vitamins and soluble fiber
- Gluten Free 1:1 Flour. I like use Bob’s Redmill Brand
- Maple syrup and/or raw sugar – Unrefined sugars have nutrients! Maple syrup is also a great
- Canned Pumpkin (pumpkin puree) – Fiber filled, rich in vitamin A, and did you know it’s great for IBS? Maybe that’s a story for another day. Haha!
- Eggs – Rich in Choline and protein.
- Cinnamon – Helps with digestion and obviously, FLAVOR! A soothing spice with anti-inflammatory properties.
- And my secret weapon ingredient – unsulphured MOLASSES! Molasses is another unrefined sugar that add a robust flavor as well as plant based iron. I just love that!
This is the perfect choice for QUICK wholesome breakfast fuel. Especially if the weather is fall-like and a bit chilly. When you need ALL of the morning energy, like I do! Plus, it also packs perfectly into a lunch box or backpack for afternoon snacking. Breakfast, snack, or dessert, you choose!
Here is my favorite pumpkin bread recipe I made this week. It’s superfood seasonal bread that’s lightly sweet, soft, delicious, dairy free, easy to make, and DIVINE!
Excuse my run on sentence and let’s get baking! Step by step video below.
Prep the Dry Ingredients
- Place your oats in a blender or coffee grinder and blend until a fine flour is formed.
- Place the oat flour and gluten free flour in a large bowl and whisk together. Then add the remaining dry ingredients; baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
Prep the Wet Ingredients
- In a small bowl, whisk together your egg and egg whites. Add in your milk. mix again, gently.
COMBINE and let it SHINE! In the oven that is.
- Combine the wet batter in with the dry ingredients. Fold in the pumpkin puree, molasses, vanilla, and vinegar. Gently stir until batter is well combined.
- Pour batter into a lined 8x11 bread pan. Sprinkle a few tablespoons of rolled oats and nuts/seed on top.
- Bake at 350 F on center rack for about 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, rotate pan, cover with foil, and bake and addition 10-15 minutes or until center of the bread comes out clean with a toothpick.
- Remove from oven and let cool OR drizzle sugar free vegan sweetened condensed milk on top and eat it hot out of the oven. My personal favorite. Just sayin.
Pumpkin bread recipe VIDEO
Want to see how easy a quick bread like this is to make? Just watch this super quick, 1-minute video!
SERVING AND STORAGE
I highly doubt that you will need to store this for long, but should the need arise, store it in an airtight container.
It’s okay to leave at room temperature, but it will last a few days longer in the fridge.
All this to say, let the quick bread baking and pumpkin overload begin! Eat up, but be sure not to turn orange.
Have you kept up with the pumpkin this year? Is it even in stock where you are? If so, remember to share. 😉
Pumpkin oatmeal combo, love it? Do share your recipes!