This healthy pumpkin bread is deliciously moist, and full of pumpkin flavor! Make this quick bread recipe in just 45 minutes, for a gluten free breakfast or snack! It’s dairy free, too!
- 1 cup (92 grams) gluten free rolled oats (extra for topping)
- 2/3 heaping cup gluten free all purpose flour (a 1:1 gluten free flour works best)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of Kosher salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raw sugar or brown sugar (granulated sugar free substitute may be used)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 c egg whites (2 –3 egg whites)
- 1/4 cup non dairy milk of choice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp molasses (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease or line a bread pan. I used a smaller 8×4 so that the bread would rise higher. A 9×5 pan may also be used. See notes.
- Place your oats in a blender or coffee grinder and blend until a fine flour is formed. Pour into a large bowl.
- Next, add the gluten free flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk/Sift together until combined. Add the cinnamon and sugar. Mix again. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together your egg and egg whites. Add in your milk. mix again, gently.
- Combine the egg milk batter in with the dry ingredients. Fold in the pumpkin puree, molasses, vanilla, and vinegar. Gently stir until batter is well combined.
- Pour batter into a parchment paper lined (or well oiled) bread pan. Sprinkle a few tablespoons of rolled oats and nuts/seed on top.
- Place in oven on center rack 350 F for about 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, rotato pan, cover with foil, and bake and addition 10-15 minutes or until center of the bread comes out clean with a toothpick.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and slice to serve. Or keep for future. Wrap in foil and keep in fridge or freezer.
Keeps well in fridge for 7-10 days or freezer for 6 weeks. If you are using a 9×5 pan, the bread will bake faster.
- Category: bread/breakfast
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: bread/breakfast
Keywords: healthy pumpkin bread, gluten free, dairy free, oat flour bread, quick bread recipe