Banana soft serve made extra creamy with tropical flavors and just a few ingredients! A nourishing vegan ice cream recipe, made in a blender. Make this sweet cool treat year round! Paleo and Whole30 friendly, too.
And just like that we are in a new month…. holy schmoly. Bye bye 2016, it’s all gonna be blur from here with holidays and such, yes? Haha.
Which is why I am posting this oh so creamy and dreamy banana soft serve recipe today. You have exactly 21 days till Fall. Which means yo have 21 days to soak up every last bit of summery treats, frozen drinks, sunshine, and tropical paradise wishes.
Get your blenders out, we must get to it. Blend it up, y’all! Soft serve for days!
Just kidding… I actually CANNOT WAIT FOR FALL! But I don’t want to be the summer scrooge. Nope, I’m going to focus on the fact that I’m melting. Or the fact that my hair is so frizzy from humidity and I look like Monica from that episode of friends. You know, the one where they go to Jamaica and her hair explodes. Hmmm… maybe I need dreadlocks next. Thoughts? I kid. And I digress…. like majorly.
Back to blending and all things creamy vegan banana soft serve.
Is vegan ice cream healthier?
Actually, this banana soft serve vegan ice cream recipe is healthier than a dairy-based ice cream. It’s lower in sugar and uses coconut milk, which as we know, is mucho healthy.
This creamy banana soft serve will make you smile. It’s my favorite way to make an extra creamy “ice cream” like treat without the cream or sugar. And no fancy ice cream maker needed.
Ingredients in the vegan ice cream recipe:
- Frozen banana
- coconut milk
- Coconut flakes and ginger zest
- Optional Maple Syrup
- My coconut whipped cream (frozen a bit) for topping. Yes, it’s optional, but seriously makes this soft serve extra EPIC!
You just need to freeze that after whipping, too. Just so it takes shape like an ice cream scoop. See?
How do you make creamy vegan ice cream?
Now, here’s my other trick. This trick is help make the vegan banana soft serve extra creamy.
Are you ready? Can you even handle this kitchen hack?
Ha! Yes, you can. It’s so easy.
First you need FREEZE your mango/pineapple slices in coconut milk in an ICE TRAY! You’re making creamy fruit ice cubes. Capeesh?
Allow me to demonstrate how to make banana soft serve, ya’ll. (1 minute video)
Yes, making the vegan ice cream recipe is quite simple, but also a great way to use up any leftover fruit, cream/milk, from other recipes. You can sweeten it if you like or keep it simple without the maple syrup. That way it’s Whole30 approved for all those starting it this month. Or… maybe after your Labor day BBQ right? Haha.
The coconut milk ice cube varieties are endless. You can add mango, pineapple, berries, chocolate, pumpkin, spices, peanut butter (like I did with my peanut butter super food bowls), etc.
You see, I’m getting excited now, right? End of summer it may be, but creamy vegan banana soft serve is a year round treat. Just sayin…
This banana soft serve vegan ice cream recipe makes a creamy vegan dessert with tropical flavors! Healthy soft serve, made in a blender! Paleo + Whole30 options, too.
For the ice cubes
- 3/4 c to 1 cup coconut milk or coconut cream
- Ice tray
- 1/2 cup mango or pineapple slices – peeled
For the banana soft serve
- 1 frozen banana
- unsweetened coconut flakes or shreds to garnish
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger or 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- [url] Homemade coconut whipped cream topping ∞https://www.cottercrunch.com/how-to-make-coconut-cream-vegan-frosting/[/url] – optional but so GOOD!
- optional 1–2 tbsp maple syrup to sweeten more
- optional extracts and/or spices – 1/2 tsp vanilla, coconut, rum (not paleo), cinnamon, etc.
- Peel and cut your fruit.
- In a small ice tray, pour your coconut milk into the ice tray cubes.
- Place your fruit slices inside the milk cubes.
- Freeze coconut milk and mango/pineapple slices together in ice tray cubes.
- Once frozen add the cubes and a frozen banana to a blender. Add any other spices or extracts.
- Blend well. Be patient. Takes a little time. Scoop down edges of blender if need be.
- Mix in optional honey or maple syrup once blended for extra sweetness.
- Garnish with unsweetened coconut flakes
- Top with Homemade coconut whipped cream topping that has been placed in freezer for 30 minutes so it hardens (see photo in post). Topping is optional, and addicting!
- Serve immediately
- Be patient with the blending, it will get there, just let the blender go for a while and keep pushing down the sides if stuck. It’s worth it. Probably blends for 5 minutes or so.
- Nutrition shown based on using coconut milk. To lower calories and fat use unsweetened coconut drinking milk or almond milk.
- Category: dessert
- Method: freeze
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 10.4g
- Sodium: 10.5mg
- Fat: 16.1g
- Saturated Fat: 14.1g
- Carbohydrates: 18.1g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: yogurt, ice cream, tropical, vegan, dessert, healthy,
Handy Kitchen Tools to make this Vegan Banana Soft Serve
Speaking of Labor Day, maybe I’ll make BOOZY tropical Banana soft serve for us. We’re celebrating the holiday and the fact that I have officially deflated from my surgery. Haha! No more swelling and I can wear normal pants. I don’t have to wear a Moo Moo just to get around. You think I’m kidding.
I’ll leave you with that picture of me in a moo moo in your head. Cool? Haha.
Cheers to the last days of summer, no churn cool treats, and the official FALL season month.
Get ready to replace the watermelon and mango with all things pumpkin ya’ll!
Clearly I had an obsession with mango this summer, can you tell? 😉
We have one more Summer Holiday left people, might has well milk it…. SOFT SERVE style.
See what I did there?
This post does contain some affiliate links. But I truly love these products, you know this. <3