This banana soft serve vegan ice cream recipe makes a creamy vegan dessert with tropical flavors! Healthy soft serve, made in a blender! Paleo + Whole30 options, too.
For the ice cubes
- 3/4 c to 1 cup coconut milk or coconut cream
- Ice tray
- 1/2 cup mango or pineapple slices – peeled
For the banana soft serve
- 1 frozen banana
- unsweetened coconut flakes or shreds to garnish
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger or 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- [url] Homemade coconut whipped cream topping ∞https://www.cottercrunch.com/how-to-make-coconut-cream-vegan-frosting/[/url] – optional but so GOOD!
- optional 1–2 tbsp maple syrup to sweeten more
- optional extracts and/or spices – 1/2 tsp vanilla, coconut, rum (not paleo), cinnamon, etc.
- Peel and cut your fruit.
- In a small ice tray, pour your coconut milk into the ice tray cubes.
- Place your fruit slices inside the milk cubes.
- Freeze coconut milk and mango/pineapple slices together in ice tray cubes.
- Once frozen add the cubes and a frozen banana to a blender. Add any other spices or extracts.
- Blend well. Be patient. Takes a little time. Scoop down edges of blender if need be.
- Mix in optional honey or maple syrup once blended for extra sweetness.
- Garnish with unsweetened coconut flakes
- Top with Homemade coconut whipped cream topping that has been placed in freezer for 30 minutes so it hardens (see photo in post). Topping is optional, and addicting!
- Serve immediately
- Be patient with the blending, it will get there, just let the blender go for a while and keep pushing down the sides if stuck. It’s worth it. Probably blends for 5 minutes or so.
- Nutrition shown based on using coconut milk. To lower calories and fat use unsweetened coconut drinking milk or almond milk.
- Category: dessert
- Method: freeze
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 10.4g
- Sodium: 10.5mg
- Fat: 16.1g
- Saturated Fat: 14.1g
- Carbohydrates: 18.1g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: yogurt, ice cream, tropical, vegan, dessert, healthy,