This banana coconut milk nice cream recipe makes a creamy vegan and dairy free dessert with tropical flavors! Healthy soft serve, made in a blender! Paleo + Whole30 options, too.
- 1/2 cup peeled and diced mango or pineapple
- 3/4 to 1 cup coconut milk or full fat coconut cream
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger or 1/4 tsp ground ginger
Toppings and/or Mix Ins
- Homemade coconut whipped cream topping
- optional 1–2 tbsp maple syrup to sweeten more.
- unsweetened coconut flakes or toasted coconut
- Peel and cut the mango or pineapple.
- Fill the wells of an ice cube tray half full with coconut milk.
- Place diced fruit inside the milk cubes.
- Place ice tray in freezer until the cubes are frozen.
- Once frozen add the cubes and frozen banana to a high speed blender. Add any other sweeteners or extracts, if desired. Blend on high speed. Be patient, as the blending takes some time.
- Scrape down edges of blender as needed and repeat until creamy soft served is formed.
- Serve immediately. Alternatively, you can place the soft serve in a lined bread pan and freeze for no churn nice cream.
- Once ready to serve, let the container of banana nice cream thaw on counter for 10 minutes, then use an ice cream scoop to serve into bowls or cones.
- Top with coconut flakes and/or Homemade coconut whipped cream topping
- Be patient with the blending, it will get there, just let the blender go for a while and keep pushing down the sides if stuck. It’s worth it. Total blending time is 5 minutes or so.
- Nutrition shown based on using coconut milk. To lower calories and fat use unsweetened coconut drinking milk or almond milk.
- Category: dessert
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 10.4g
- Sodium: 10.5mg
- Fat: 16.1g
- Saturated Fat: 14.1g
- Carbohydrates: 18.1g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: coconut milk ice cream, dairy free desserts, vegan ice cream, banana nice cream, nice cream recipe