This Green Goddess Dressing recipe is made with simple ingredients and healthy fats for a flavorful salad dressing that is easy to make and vegan friendly. Keep it stocked in your fridge for quick meals and nutritious salads!
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado (peeled) or 1/3 cup tahini. Both help create creamy taste/texture. See notes*
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions/green onions (white parts removed)
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup loosely packed (chopped/torn) parsley
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh basil and/or chive (loosely chopped before measuring)
- 2 Tablespoons tamari sauce (use coconut aminos for Whole 30)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic or 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and black pepper each (to taste)
- Olive oil as needed (1/4 to 1/3 cup)
- Thinner consistency option – Add water/non dairy milk
- Combine all of the ingredients (minus the olive oil) in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Process until smooth and combined.
- With the blender running, slowly drizzle in olive oil until desired consistency is formed. Taste and add more salt/pepper, lemon juice, or both, if needed. For thinner dressing, blend in 2 Tablespoons extra of water or milk.
- Use right away or place in a sealed container and refrigerate for later. This dressing will keep well in the fridge for 5 to 7 days. If using avocado, the dressing will last 3-4 days. Add a splash of lemon juice after each use (for the avocado version) to keep it fresh.
Tahini creates thinner texture and the dressing will last longer in the fridge vs using avocado. I also like using both together (1/4 tahini and 2 slices of avocado) for a richer texture/flavor.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: dressing
- Method: food processor
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 869
- Sugar: 2.8 g
- Sodium: 2047.5 mg
- Fat: 90.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 24.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.6 g
- Fiber: 9.8 g
- Protein: 9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan dressing, green goddess dressing, salad dressing, main dish dressing, dip