Make a batch of this easy vegan green goddess dressing to add flavor and nutrients to all your favorite salads and meals!
- 1/2 ripe medium avocado (50 grams) – see notes*
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion (green portion)
- 1/3 cup torn flat leaf parsley (some stem is fine)
- 3 Tablespoons torn leafy herbs (such as basil, dill, mint, and/or cilantro)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped chives
- 1/3 cup canned coconut milk or light coconut milk (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic or 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons tamari (gluten-free soy sauce) or coconut aminos.
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Optional – 1 to 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, as needed (see notes)
- Place the avocado, green onion, parsley, chopped herbs, coconut milk, garlic, lemon juice, and optional tamari in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Process until smooth and combined. Add salt and pepper and blend again. Season to taste.
- Light coconut milk will produce a thinner dressing. Full fat coconut milk will produce a thicker sauce/dressing that might need olive oil to thin it out. For thinner dressing, drizzle in the olive oil,1 Tablespoon at a time, blend until desired consistency is formed. Add more if needed.
- Use right away or place in a sealed container and refrigerate for up to 3 to 4 days.
Storage Tip – The dressing will thicken once chilled in the fridge.
Taste and Texture Tips – Flat-leaf parsley is robust in both flavor and shelf life versus curly-leaf parsley. Add olive oil as needed if the dressing is too thick. It adds a bit more richness and thins the creamy sauce.
Substitutes – If preferred, ¼ to ⅓ cup creamy tahini may be substituted in place of avocado. It will create a slightly richer flavor and creamier consistency. However, it does help your dressing stay fresher longer versus using only avocado.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: n/a
- Category: Condiment
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 63
- Sugar: 0.7 g
- Sodium: 267.7 mg
- Fat: 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.7 g
- Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 0.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: green goddess dressing, green goddess dressing recipe, vegan green goddess dressing, green goddess salad dressing,