Thai Cauliflower Rice Salad is packed full of flavor, spice, and made easy! Thai spices mixed into a carrot cauliflower rice salad with avocado cream dressing! Paleo, Vegan, and made in under 30 minutes. Perfect as is or with a protein of choice. Simple, wholesome, healthy! Whole 30 friendly.
Say hello to my new favorite food in a bowl…. Thai Carrot Cauliflower Rice Salad with Avocado Cream Dressing. Ya, this warm salad is gonna keep me warm today. Oh, and Hi from Utah. Where it’s covered in SNOW and I survived my first *winter storm*. Yes, Utah, way different than Texas. I am currently trying to get a few house hold things situated before my husband arrives with ALL our stuff. Which means I am here without any kitchen supplies, table, couch, etc.
Okay I lie. I did ship myself a few items. My Vitamix, food processor, and a pan. And the good thing is it only took me 8 hours to get the water on, heat, and bed. YAY! Oh Boy! It’s been… fun? Haha. We have so much newness going on here. Crazy good scary exciting newness. But I’m TOTALLY going to think of this as our life reset button. Perfect for January, don’t you think?
So speaking of newness and reset. Um, this cauliflower rice salad is gonna RESET your whole concept of “cauliflower rice.” Ya, the trendy paleo vegan yada yada yada rice in veggie form. Either you love it or you hate it. And personally, I love cauliflower rice WHEN it’s used with the right combo or dish. Or for a good purpose.
Like say, if you are insulin resistant or diabetic and your diet requires lower carb or sugar. Then this is one AMAZING lower carb dish that has the same comfort food taste and texture as a bowl of rice. Or if you simply want to branch out and try to new ways to eat more vegetables this year.
Or if you are on an autoimmune protocol (to use food to heal) and certain grains cause inflammation or stress the body. Well then YES, cauliflower rice errr… cauliflower rice salad is a great substitute and can even help fight inflammation. Cauliflower and Carrot and Avocado = SUPER FOOD trio loaded with Vitamin K, Vitamin C, other antioxidants, and omega-3 fatty acids. Those are LEGIT reasons to make this Thai inspired “Riced” Salad.
That and because you just love me and my cooking, right? Hehe.. kidding. I had to throw that in there.
But here’s the thing. The one thing I ask of you.
Let’s not label this dish, this Thai Carrot Cauliflower Rice Salad with Avocado Cream Dressing, as diet food.
Mmmm k? No, it’s PURPOSEFUL food. See, newness. New intentions. New focus. New Perspective. Food is fuel. Food is nourishment. Real Food is just plain AMAZING when you learn to prepare in EASY yet delicious ways.
Let’s dive a little deeper here. Let me walk you through this simple and AFFORDABLE recipe. Just so you can see how easy it is to make this salad yourself. Really. It takes few ingredients, and few prep.
Grab some carrots and cauliflower. Get ready to “rice” them.
Pulse in food processor or blender. Set aside.
Chop some almonds. Your thai peppers. And Garlic, onion, etc. Bam. DONE!
Place in skillet. Add Coconut milk. Cook for 10 minutes. Done. Place in bowl. Add dressing and top with crush almonds, peppers, and cilantro.
This warm thai salad is great just like this but the real SHOW STOPPER is that AVOCADO CREAM dressing. Ya’ll. The completion to the trio, remember?
To make the avocado cream dressing, all you need is the perfect ripe avocado. Then just blend it with with coconut milk, oil, garlic, and thai flavors (I used chili pepper and lemon grass) .
Drizzle dressing on top for the win!
VOILA!! –> Your Vegan Paleo Low Carb flavor Jammed Thai Carrot Cauliflower Rice Salad is made. With SUPER DUPER creamy and healthy Avocado cream dressing.
ALL IN 30 MINUTES!
See the recipe for the cauliflower rice salad, below.Print
Thai carrot cauliflower rice salad with avocado cream dressing. A quick and healthy vegetable salad with tons of flavor! (vegan, paleo, whole30 options)
Avocado Cream Dressing:
- 1 lemongrass stalk (2 tbsp minced)
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 c coconut milk or almond milk
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tbsp fresh grated ginger or 1/2 tsp ground
- 1-2 tsp chili sauce (or sriacha)
- pinch of White pepper or black (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt salt
- 2 tsp gluten free tamari (use coconut aminos is whole30)
- Optional 1 tbsp sweetener of choice (see notes) honey, agave, or coconut sugar (Omit if whole30)
- Optional 2 tbsp water or oil to thin out dressing
For the Cauliflower Rice Salad:
- 1/4 c white onion (chopped)
- 14 oz or 1 small head cauliflower
- 1 -2 large carrots with ends cut off
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1-2 tsp avocado or coconut oil
- 1/2 c coconut milk
- 2 spring onions (chopped)
- 1-2 red peppers (Thai)
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1/4 cup Crushed roasted almonds
- Lime juice
- Salt/pepper to taste
- First make the dressing.
- Simply blend the lemongrass (minced), avocado, garlic, and, coconut milk. Once blended add in your spices tamari, chili sauce, and ginger. Depending on what chili sauce you use, your sauce will either be more green or more yellow/red in color. All taste great!
- You can thin out the avocado cream dressing by adding in 2-4 tbsp of water or coconut milk, and a little oil. Mix until texture is thinner. If you want it sweeter, add in 1 tbsp sweetener of choice such as honey, coconut sugar, or agave.
- Next, make your “rice”salad. Start by cutting the cauliflower/carrot into smaller pieces. Working in batches, place 1 cup of your veggies in food processor. Pulse until “riced”. Scrape sides between pulses if needed. Repeat until all the veggies are riced and placed in a large bowl.
- Next, chop the onion, green onion, and peppers.
- In a small pan, heat garlic, oil, and onion. Saute until fragrant. 1-2 minutes.
- Add in your carrot and cauliflower rice. Cook on medium for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in 1/2 c coconut milk. If you want a creamier salad, add in 2-3 tablespoons of your avocado cream dressing (reserve the rest for topping)
- Cook on medium, coating carrot cauliflower rice. Add a dash of salt/pepper and splash of lime juice. Mix again.
- Remove from heat. Place carrot cauliflower rice in large bowl.
- Mix in green onion, cilantro, almonds, red pepper (save a little of each for the garnish).
- Toss and garnish with the extra onion, cilantro, almonds, and red pepper. Drizzle avocado cream dressing on each bowl when serving.
If you are looking for a paleo chili sauce to make this whole 30 compliant, Nom Nom Paleo has one on her site. Or here is a paleo sriracha
Nutrition per 1 1/4 cup
If this Thai cauliflower rice salad not a good enough reason to rejoice in newness, new things, new food combos, new salads, and new flavors, then I don’t know what else is.
Okay I am exaggerating, but you get my point.
Now excuse me while I go utilize the three cooking appliances I brought with me. It’s gonna be Thai Salad on repeat here for days! That or Fried Rice. Mmm… keep me warm and cozy.
What one new dish you want to try in the New Year? Cauliflower Rice fans, gimme your latest and greatest recipe to use it with! I always need more.
Cheers from the Mountains!
p.s Um, I so had a picture of the avocado cream dressing texture and all … but… I packed the SanDisk somewhere in Texas and now can’t find it. Plus totally forgot to upload it before moving. Uh.. my brain. It’s lacking. Sorry folks.
Do you “rice” veggies? Which recipes? Do tell!