This SPRING clean eating meal plan, along with our wellness tips, can help you improve your overall health. Clean eating can be seen as a fad diet or detox, but that’s not our focus here. Our focus for these recipes are to provide nourishment with whole foods and unprocessed ingredients. These recipes are easy to make, delicious, and nutritious!
We are grateful to be partnering with Eggland’s Best on this clean eating and wellness meal plan.Thank you for supporting the brands that help me to keep creating new recipes in the Cotter Crunch kitchen!
What is clean eating? And we’re not talking about a fad diet here.
Let’s start by defining what clean eating isn’t. Clean eating is not a diet; it’s a lifestyle. Eating clean involves eating healthy, whole foods that are unprocessed or minimally processed. On a clean eating meal plan, you will:
- Eat more real foods.
A clean eating meal plan involves eating more real foods and fewer processed and packaged foods. Especially those with additives and/or refined sugar.
- Eat more real foods.
To eat clean requires a shift in mindset. You will focus on eating regular, balanced meals and healthy snacks that are nourishing. Stop rushing through meals and take time to enjoy the food you eat! Take extra time to pack foods if you are traveling or need foods to fuel you through the work week.
- Consume plant-based meals.
To reduce your carbon footprint, try to eat plant-based, vegetarian meals one or two times per week.
One of my favorite clean eating foods that meets all three of those “clean eating” tips, is eggs! But not just any egg, quality and nutrient dense eggs. Which is why we LOVE Eggland’s Best Eggs!
Eggland’s Best Eggs – Better Nutrition, Better Taste, Better Eggs!
- Clean living and eating with Eggland’s Best!
- Better feed for those cage free farm fresh eggs – Eggland’s Best hen feed contains no animal by-products and no recycled or processed foods. No hormones, steroids or antibiotics of any kind. Just premium ingredients and more vitamins and minerals than ordinary hen feed. Cage-Free eggs are not kept in cages and are free to roam. They are provided with fresh air, and are protected from predators.
- SUPERIOR Nutrients – Eggland’s Best Eggs are lower in calories, saturated fat, and cholesterol (compared to ordinary eggs) yet still HIGHER in nutrients. Twice the amount of Omega 3’s, folate, and 6x more vitamin D!
- Freshness and Carbon Footprint – Did you know that Eggland’s Best eggs are produced locally throughout the United States? And these fresh eggs and are delivered to stores typically within 72 hours of laying. Which means there’s a farm-fresh taste in every single egg.
Looking for the all recipes in PDF form? No prob. We’ve got that covered for you too. Just CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD!
What foods and nutrients are good for your skin?
For healthier skin, eat foods that are rich in vitamin D, such as cod liver oil, salmon, and eggs. As a bonus, doing so may help prevent eczema in children and adolescents! In addition to vitamin D, try to incorporate foods high in vitamins E, A, and C, plus omega 3’s, and probiotics. Examples include:
- coconut oil
- kefir water or kvass
- eggs (if tolerated)
Foods to Avoid:
Eliminate refined sugars, processed foods, and artificial additives, all of which can make eczema worse. Also, try to eat fewer allergen foods, including gluten, dairy, shellfish, and peanuts.
Clean Eating Meal Plan Recipes to Nourish Skin
Try these clean eating meal plan recipes to nourish your skin!
- Carrot Celeriac Spiralized Salad – Add salmon or tuna for an extra boost of Omegas!
DIY FACIAL MASK
This egg white facial mask will give your skin a healthy glow! Combine the ingredients together and apply to your face, avoiding your eyes and nostrils.
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon of honey
Which foods and nutrients are good for digestion?
To aid in digestion, consume gut-friendly foods, as well as those rich in probiotics and prebiotics.
- Kombucha (probiotic drink)
- Sauerkraut (prebiotic and probiotic food)
- Kimchi (prebiotic food)
- Tempeh (cultured probiotic rich food)
- Yogurt (Kefir yogurt is cultured probiotic rich food)
- Onions and Leeks (prebiotic food)
- Garlic (prebiotic food)
- Jerusalem Artichoke (prebiotic)
Clean Eating Meal Plan Recipes for Good Digestion
For a gut healing breakfast that’s rich in anti-inflammatory properties, top a bowl of quinoa with bananas, berries, and chia seeds. Quinoa is a delicious source of gluten-free soluble fiber!
Other gut-healthy breakfast ideas include:
- Toasted Pine Nut and Leek Quinoa Salad (prebiotics and fiber). Pair with fish, soft boiled eggs, or chicken for extra protein.
- Miso chicken salad wraps.
Weight Management and Metabolism.
Can certain natural foods increase metabolism?
Let’s talk metabolism! What is it? Technically, it’s all of the chemical reactions that take place to keep us alive. Our metabolism is the process of the body turning calories we consume into usable energy.
To increase your metabolism, you of course need to exercise and increase muscle mass. But eating unprocessed foods that are rich in protein, as well as those with healthy fats, can help support your metabolism, in combination with exercise. This along with proper REST and Stress management. Oh and of course, avoid dieting! Let’s keep the blood sugar stable. Mmmm k?
Some of my favorite nourishing foods to support Weight Management below!
- Grass-fed meat
- Wild Caught Fish
- Cage Free Eggs
- Cultured dairy products
- Properly prepared legumes
- Nuts – Choose nuts that are low in saturated fat, such as almonds and pistachios.
Minerals can also help to support or “increase” your metabolism. Specifically, Iron, Zinc and Selenium-rich foods, such as:
- Chia seeds
- Brazil nuts
- Cruciferous vegetables, such as broccoli, cabbage, brussel sprouts, and cauliflower
Metabolism can also be supported by eating foods rich in antioxidants (superfoods). This includes organic coffee, tea, berries, apple cider vinegar, and anti-inflammatory rich spices (ex: turmeric and cayenne)
Clean Eating Meal Plan Recipes to Increase Metabolism or for Weight Management
- Turmeric Oven Scrambled Eggs
- Vegan Latte Overnight Chia Pudding
- Chia Matcha Overnight Breakfast Smoothie
Clean Living Tips
Clean up your act. Adopt a cleaner lifestyle by getting plenty of fresh air, movement, and activity during the day. Shoot for 7 to 8 hours of sleep at night, and manage your stress in healthy ways. I know, easier said than done.
To improve your sleep, try this nighttime sleep drink – Cherry Sleepytime Shake
Home Cleaning Tips
Lemon is a terrific cleaning agent and an excellent alternative to using baking soda to keep your refrigerator smelling fresh.
Cleaning countertops – Cut a whole lemon in half, squeeze the juice onto the counter. Use the lemon as a scrubber and scrub over the stains. Leave the juice on until the stains disappear, then rinse with water and dry.
A Fresher Fridge – Juice 2 lemons into a small bowl and place it in your refrigerator.
Alright my friends! That’s a wrap! You ready to tackle SPRING with CLEAN LIVING?
Here’s our GO TO “CLEAN EATING” GROCERY LIST
PRINT OFF below or DOWNLOAD HERE.
Cheers and have a SPRING-Y week!
Disclaimer: I am not a medical practice and do not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek diagnosis, treatment, and advice from qualified providers based on your condition.