This Sheet Pan Blueberry Salmon and Veggies is a nutrient-rich dinner that’s ready in 25 minutes and bursting with flavor! All it takes is a few simple real food ingredients, and you’ll have a complete meal that has the whole family eagerly waiting around the dinner table.
Why You’ll Love This Sheet Pan Blueberry Salmon Recipe
There’s nothing better than a sheet pan recipe! Whether you’re whipping up a batch of sheet pan chocolate protein pancakes or honey mustard chicken thighs with Brussels sprouts, there’s always something that will hit the spot! Plus, they’re a lifesaver when it comes to time-saving meal prep.
Wanna know the only thing that could make them even better? Superfoods like the ingredients used in this sheet pan blueberry salmon! Our new go-to recipe, it’s:
- Packed full of vitamins, antioxidants, omega fats, protein, and, of course, flavor!
- Baked on a single pan for minimal prep time and easy clean-up.
- Ready in just 25 minutes.
- Great for feeding a hungry crowd.
What You’ll Need
We take advantage of fresh produce for optimal nutrients and vibrant color in this blueberry salmon recipe! Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Wild Caught Salmon – Rich in Omega 3 Fatty Acids (DHA/EPA) and one of the best fish choices you can consume to help reduce stress and fight anxiety. Atlantic Salmon in particular is rich in essential nutrients like Vitamin D, iodine, and selenium. Plus, it’s super tasty!
- Basil – Sweet and slightly spicy, this pungent herb also has antibacterial properties thanks to its flavonoids that help protect the body from illness and infection.
- Blueberries – While all berries are nutritious, blueberries in particular are the highest in terms of the levels of antioxidants they contain. Not to mention, they’re super sweet and full of extra health benefits.
- Garlic – To kill off those vampires! Kidding. Maybe. In all seriousness, garlic adds bold, pungent flavor to all our favorite meals and contains certain plant compounds that boost your immune system.
- Brussels Sprouts – An undervalued vegetable, Brussels sprouts are not only super tasty but are also a great source of fiber and are high in Vitamin K 1 and K2, which are hugely important for bone health.
Ingredient Swap: Feel free to swap out the Brussels sprouts with another vegetable with a similar roasting time such as cauliflower, broccoli, or carrots!
- Seasonings and Natural Flavor Boosters – Olive Oil/Vinegar, sea salt, and black pepper help enhance the rest of the ingredients and create a caramelized, roasted flavor.
- Lemon Juice and Slices – Hello VITAMIN C and did you know lemon and sea salt together help with indigestion? Ya, you’re welcome. Plus, the acidity helps cut through some of the heaviness of the fat for a well-rounded dish.
See…We told you this blueberry salmon is super easy, super healthy, and super tasty. That’s it. Now all that’s left is to serve it up!
How to Make Blueberry Salmon
If you’ve never made a sheet pan recipe, prepare for your life to be changed. Seriously! If you love ‘em as much as we do, we don’t need to explain. You already know. Watch how easily it’s done below!
- Prepare. Clean the salmon and Brussels sprouts (separately), and place them on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Don’t forget to season them generously with salt!
- Make the Blueberry Topping. Add the blueberries to a small bowl, and mash them with a fork. You don’t want them to be complete mush, but you do want to release a fair amount of their juices! Add the olive oil, salt, pepper, basil, garlic, and balsamic vinegar, and stir to combine.
- Coat the Salmon and Veggies. Drizzle extra olive oil over the ingredients, and spread the blueberry mixture on top. Place the lemon slices over everything, and sprinkle with extra pepper for a little kick.
- Bake. Place the sheet pan in the oven, and bake until the veggies are tender and the salmon is pink. You’ll know it’s done when a meat thermometer can be inserted and reaches an internal temperature of 125° Fahrenheit.
Pro-Tip: For extra crispy Brussels sprouts and salmon skin, switch your oven to broil for the last 1-2 minutes of cooking. Just be super careful not to overcook your salmon!
The beauty of sheet pan recipes is that they’re complete meals all on their own! However, if you want to bulk this blueberry salmon up even more, try pairing it with side dishes like:
- Oven Roasted Leeks and Potatoes
- Green Goddess Vegan Pasta Salad
- Cauliflower Sweet Potato Tots
How to Make Ahead and Store
This blueberry salmon recipe is best served right away while it’s still fresh. However, if you happen to have leftovers or want to prepare it in advance, it stores well.
Refrigerator: Once cooled, transfer your salmon to an airtight container, and keep it stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Freezer: If you can avoid it, we don’t recommend freezing this recipe as it will taste slightly fishier and have a softer texture once thawed. However, if necessary, it can be frozen for up to 3 months.
To Reheat: For the best results, warm your salmon and Brussels sprouts in the oven at 350° Fahrenheit until it is heated through.
Common Questions About Blueberry Salmon
Pan frying salmon creates a beautiful, crisp skin and is great for preparing one or two salmon fillets. However, when it comes to making a complete meal, we prefer to bake salmon as it’s a super hands-off recipe.
No, you don’t have to flip salmon over while it’s baking. The skin will get crisp without it!
No, the USDA warns against rinsing salmon or any raw meat or poultry before baking.
If you’ve ever noticed a little white film that comes out of your salmon, it’s just albumin! This is a harmless protein that solidifies as it cooks. It’s totally safe to eat and is actually good for you. However, if it weirds you out, you can totally scrape it off.
If you want to use a clean cloth or paper towels to pat the salmon dry, it can help the seasonings stick. However, it isn’t crucial for this blueberry salmon recipe.
More of Our Favorite
Gluten-Free Salmon Recipes
Do you have questions, feedback, or tips about this recipe? Leave a comment below with any questions or feedback you’d like to share!