SUPERFOOD baked salmon! This one pan meal, baked salmon recipe is ready in 20 minutes and packed full of nutrients. A nourishing, whole 30 friendly, flavorful meal! And all it takes is just a few simple real food ingredients. Promise! Get your sheet pan ready and grab a fork!
Hello my dear friends. Today I’m sharing (yet another) older baked salmon recipe that needs some love and attention. I mean, it’s SUPER good and SUPER easy to make. Superfood Baked Salmon, sheet pan salmon. A Paleo One Pan Meal. In fact this is a whole 30 friendly recipe too. Haha, just in time for April 1st. No foolin’ ya there, I promise!
Originally, the recipe title was blueberry baked salmon. Ironically, that original recipe post was about fighting oxidative stress during racing/training. Ahhh, the memories. Good times, good times. But you see, I adore upgrading recipes because that means I get to boast about their Stellar Superfood INGREDIENTS. Yes, I’m boasting, toasting, and nerding out on nutrition ALL THIS WEEK. I hope you can handle that.
Anyway, this superfood baked salmon recipe is our GO TO quick meal for recovery, whether it be from a workout or a long stressful day.
As mentioned in my apricot bar recipe post, the kiwi (and myself) have these waves of stress that just leave us feeling depleted. And as much as we wish I could say “adios stress, don’t both me,” it still lingers from time to time. Have you ever had those weeks or months?
Well, if you can’t beat it mentally, you might as well do the best to beat it nutritionally. Which means maximizing ALL the nutrients your body needs. What better way to do it then with a veggie packed paleo salmon dish, right?
Hence why I upgraded this oldie but goodie blueberry baked salmon recipe into a ONE PAN MEAL. Yup, SUPERFOOD ingredients plus BAKED SALMON = SUPER POWER for those stressful weeks. Haha, okay really it’s for any time.
Ya’ll, it takes 20 minutes to make this superfood baked salmon. Nothing fancy, just real food doing it’s thang.
What’s in it? Um…. besides pretty colors? Real food, flavor, nutrient dense power! YEA!
- Wild Caught Salmon – Rich in Omega 3 Fatty Acid’s (DHA/EPA) and one of the best fish choices you eat to reduce stress and fight anxiety. Atlantic Salmon is rich in essential nutrients like Vitamin D, iodine, and selenium. SO BAKE SALMON IT UP Ya’ll!
- Basil – Anti-bacterial. Which means it has flavonoids that man actually protect the body from illness and infection
- Blueberries – a Berry with of highest amounts of antioxidants. And so much more to boot!
- Garlic – To kill off those vampires! Kidding. Maybe. No actually, garlic contains certain plant compounds that boost your immune system. So you can live longer. YAY!
- Brussel Sprouts – Brussel Sprouts are high in Vitamin K 1 and K2. Both important for Bone Health!
- Seasonings and Natural Flavor boosters –> Olive Oil/Vinegar, Sea Salt, Pepper
- Lemon – Hello VITAMIN C and did you know Lemon and Sea salt together help with indigestion? Ya, you’re welcome.
See.. Super easy. Super healthy. Super tasty. That’s it.
Now all that’s left is to SERVE IT UP!
HOW TO MAKE SUPERFOOD BAKED SALMON
You get bonus points if you match the pan with your outfit. Did I mention Purple and green are my favorite colors? Ya, they sure are. Just sayin… Purple power!
Haha enough jibber jaber, you know the drill. Destress with this quick superfood meal. Mmm k?
SUPERFOOD BAKED SALMON recipe… in three, two, one…. GO!Print
This one pan meal, superfood baked salmon recipe is ready in 20 minutes and packed full of nutrients. A nourishing, whole 30 friendly, flavorful meal!
- 3 to 4 salmon fillets (4-5 ounces each) or 16 oz fillet (We use Sizzlefish Atlantic Salmon)
- 2 cups brussels sprouts (quartered)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (or frozen)
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 to 1/3 olive oil (divided)
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves or 1 tsp minced Garlic
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp crush black Pepper
- Sea Salt (divided)
- 2 Lemons, one juiced and one sliced
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Clean your salmon fillets and place on lined sheet pan.
- Clean and chop your Brussels sprouts. Place on pan with salmon.
- Generously sprinkle sea salt on top of salmon and veggies. Set aside.
- Next, place your blueberries in a bowl. Mash with fork a bit.
- Add in 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 tsp salt/pepper, your basil, garlic, and balsamic vinegar. Mix all together.
- Drizzle another 2 -3 tbsp olive oil over your salmon and Brussels sprouts.
- Spoon the balsamic basil blueberry mixture over salmon fillets.
- Squeeze fresh lemon on top of salmon and veggies. Place lemon slices on top of veggies on the sheet pan. Sprinkle with extra black pepper.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Broil for 1 -2 minutes extra to make Brussels sprouts and baked salmon skin extra crispy.
- Remove from oven. Serve and enjoy!
- We use Sizzlefish salmon, which offers both Atlantic and wild caught varieties.
- Category: main, dinner
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 filet
- Calories: 395
- Sugar: 6.6g
- Sodium: 316.1mg
- Fat: 28.1g
- Saturated Fat: 5.2g
- Carbohydrates: 12.4g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Protein: 23.7g
- Cholesterol: 58.5mg
Keywords: superfoods, superfood baked salmon, healthy fish dinner, one pan meal
Thank you Sizzlefish for making our week full of good health! Can never go wrong with their Atlantic Salmon.
Come over, I have plate a waiting. And maybe a glass of wine. Red wine, for antioxidants of course.
Cheers to a healthy, restful, nourishing weekend ya’ll!
What’s your go to dish for when you are busy? Ever bake salmon with blueberries and balsamic? Go do it! SO SO GOOD!