Easy Sheet Pan Jerk Salmon with Veggies! Flavorful Jerk salmon recipe with seasonal veggies baked all on one sheet pan. A wholesome protein packed one pan meal that nourishes the whole family! Did I mention EASY cleanup? Yes! Easier than ever.
Oh me oh my! I’m already in post Holiday weekend Coma! But Yay for half way through week! Guys, we always buy way too much food for holidays and BBQ’s. Pretty sure that’s the case for most Americans, right? But that’s okay because that means we get to take home any extras. Well, if I ask. And that I did! Which is why this sheet pan jerk salmon and veggies came together quite nicely. Yep, all baked up on ONE pan means it was pretty AWESOMELY easy. Plus it was a good switch up for pasta salads and burgers, ya know? I am definitely craving all things anti-inflammatory and veggie packed!
No, not a detox. Let’s not focus on taking things out of the diet post holiday. Let’s focus on filling up on good things instead. Mmm K? One pan meals are the perfect way to get your fill too! Like spices, herbs, veggies, and wild caught salmon. YEA BABY! This sheet pan jerk salmon with seasonal veggies has it all. Not to “toot” my own horn but I don’t know what you call this other than FLIPPING AWESOME!
Hmmm, yes, let’s go with that. A Flipping awesome real food meal that nourishes the whole family all in one pan! Yes, despite the JERK name. It’s a sheet pan meal that makes you look more like mother Theresa. Haha, without the wrinkles. Whoops, don’t tell her I said that.
Okay, back to the flipping awesome meal. Um, we had so much leftover corn, sweet potato, and peppers/onion left from this weekend. I certainly didn’t want those to go to waste. The good thing is that if you slice all those up, drizzle with olive oil, and some fresh herbs, they will bake pretty evenly together. The peppers cook up a little more roasted, which is we like.
Now, about the jerk seasoning part…. for the Jerk Salmon Marinade that is. Have you ever tried this Caribbean seasoning before? It’s quite unique. A combination of all spices and herbs such as cinnamon/clover, peppers, chili, parsley or thyme, and ginger. The KEY components of this seasoning is the all spice (aka Jamaica pepper or pimenta) and red pepper. It gives it a sweet tangy spicy KICK! haha, hence the JERK! Oh my gosh, a seasoning that is just as corny as me! Love it!
Anyway, why I love this JERK seasoning for the sheet pan salmon? Well… So MANY! But I will focus on 2 NERDY nutrition fact. Sound good?
Nerdy nutrition fact Number one – Not only is salmon rich in Omega 3’s, but it is rich in Vitamin D and selenium. Both effect the nervous and muscle system and can have a calming yet immune boosting effect on the body. OH yes, so needed! P.s we use Wilda Caught Sockeye or Coho From Sizzlefish. It’s AMAZING!
Nerdy nutrition fact Number 2 – Wanna know what the best herbs and spices are to fight inflammation? Yep –> basil, red peppers, cinnamon, garlic, ginger, turmeric and thyme. And this Jerk salmon marinade has almost off of them. HOORAH! (anti-inflammatory pyramid Source).
The cool thing about jerk seasoning is that you can use it a rub or marinade. I really wanted to blend up the herbs with the spices, so I opted for a marinade.
Oh, which leads me to a nerdy cooking tip (for fish).
Nerdy Tip for Cooking Fish –> Rule of thumb: do not marinade fish for more than 30 minutes. You don’t want it to loose that flakey texture or flavor. And if you have an acidic marinade it could actually start to “cook” the flesh or become mushy.
Okie dokie. Now that’s off my chest, here’s the flipping awesome one pan meal. Haha. I mean sheet pan jerk salmon and veggies!
NOTE – If you do not use all the marinade, the calories will be less. Either way, It’s still AMAZINGLY healthy! Like i said. Haha Flipping AWESOME!Print
Easy Sheet Pan Jerk Salmon with Veggies! A Delicious Jerk salmon recipe with seasonal veggies baked on one sheet pan. A healthy one pan meal you’ll love!
- for the JERK Marinade!:
- 1/2 packed fresh parsely
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp all spice
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce or gluten free soy sauce
- For the sheet pan Jerk Salmon and Veggies!:
- 3 wild caught salmon fillets (4–6 oz)
- 1 large ear of corn cut into 2 inch slices
- 2 red peppers sliced
- 2 small sweet potatoes slices 1/2 in thick
- 2 shallots (quarter)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp each salt/pepper/minced dried garlic or garlic powder
- optional fresh thyme
for the jerk marinade!
- First make sure you peel your garlic and then chop of stems for parsley. Place everything in in a food processor and blend until smooth. You will have some parsley leaves still not blended.
- Place clean salmon fillets in a ziplock bag or bowl and pour marinade on top. Let it sit in fridge for 10 minutes or so.
for the sheet pan bake!
- while the salmon is marinated, preheat oven to 400F and make sure all your veggies are sliced according to ingredients listed. Toss with the olive oil and lay everything but the peppers and salmon flat on a sheet pan. Season with a bit of sea salt.
- Bake those veggies for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and then add the peppers and marinated salmon between the corn/potatoes, onion, etc. Then place herbs around it. Sprinkle with sea salt/pepper and garlic all over the whole sheet pan and salmon/veggie combo. Feel free to drizzle any leftover jerk marinade on top too.
- Place back in oven for 10-12 minutes or until salmon is cooked through.
- Remove squeeze fresh lemon juice on top over sheet pan but mostly on salmon.
- serve and enjoy.
- optional Add any more sea salt or red pepper flakes if you desire to each plate. fresh parsley when plated is refreshing as well!
You can marinade the salmon anywhere from 10 minutes to 20 minutes. Works great with chicken too! Just marinade longer for chicken and bake longer (25 minutes or so).
Feel free to use regular potato or other veggies too!
Don’t worry I wont’ talk nutrition on Fridays. I will give you brain a break. I need it too! Or just a glass of wine. For the anti-oxidants of course.
Favorite type of one pan meal? Do you use sheet pans a lot? My new obsession!
Have you ever tried jerk seasoning on salmon?
Healthy Easy One pan/One Sheet meals to try!
One Pan Cheesy Mexican Quinoa
Oh let’s discuss a bonus Nerdy Nutrition fact – You know what I get asked a lot? Is corn a grain or a vegetable and paleo? Well… it depends on the type of corn and how it’s prepared or harvested. Everyone will also argue something. So… You decide! Eat what makes you feel best. What are your thoughts?