Pan roasted chicken thighs with Persian spices, a burst of lemon flavor and tender veggies! This Persian Spiced Pan Roasted Chicken is an easy one pan meal that comes together in just 45 minutes. Gluten free, grain free, Whole30 and Paleo options!
And just like that it’s a new month. Ahhh I secretly love the feeling of end of Summer almost Fall. There’s a huge shift in focus. Almost a sense of renewal coming. Hmmm, I guess that’s what Fall really is about… letting things go to eventually be restored. Oh ya, I’m getting all philosophical here. But stay with me here, I do have a point. Maybe? .
You see, a new month gives us all this open space to fill. But the question still remains, what will you FILL it with in order to feel nourished and restored? For me, for us, I TRULY want to focus on filling our bellies with nourishment and our days with more time for reconnecting with each other or with others. A way to uncomplicate our lives! And what better way to do this than with sharing a simple cozy meal. One you can throw together in one pan bake or roast in the oven. Hence the uber healthy Middle Eastern Style Pan Roasted Chicken.
You get my point here, yes?
Persian Spiced Pan Roasted Chicken = Anti-Inflammatory Goodness
It’s probably no secret that anti-inflammatory foods own a piece of my heart, but I want YOU to love them, too! I wouldn’t have created an anti-inflammatory meal plan if I didn’t believe that it was good for ya, right? RIGHT!
So of course, this one pan meal is packed with tumeric – one of my favorite anti-inflammatory spices. Is tumeric trendy? Ya, probably, but it’s SO pretty that I can’t help myself! That gorgeous and good-for-you spice is just one of the Persian spices that’s tossed with chicken thighs to create this delicious, nutritious chicken dinner! What else goes into this pan roasted chicken recipe? Lemme tell ya!
- tomatoes and
So we’ve got seasonal veggies and a whole lot of flavorful chicken. What could be better? Oh, I’ll tell you – this is an easy, gluten free meal prep dinner! See? Wasn’t I right?! It just keeps getting better!
How To Cook Chicken in a Pan
For some of us, cooking is easy; for others, not so much. We’re all in luck with this easy chicken pan roast though, because making Tumeric spiced pan roasted chicken starts AND ends in one pan!
For the first part of the recipe, you’ll sear skinless chicken thighs in a pan on the stove. That allows a crust to form on the chicken so that the juicy goodness stays inside where it belongs. After a quick sear, the pan of chicken goes into the oven so all of those anti-inflammatory, Persian spices, veggies, and the chicken can slow roast. The oven is where the MAGIC happens… all of the flavor is developed in there, ya’ll!
Just LOOK at this gorgeous pan roasted chicken and then try to tell me that your mouth isn’t watering. I won’t believe you. OK, I might believe that your mouth isn’t watering, but that’s just because you haven’t smelled the chicken roasting in your oven yet. TO DIE FOR!
Oh, and as you I might have noticed, I also added a side of dill yogurt dipping sauce and a sprinkle of pomegranates. Just for to give it a extra BURST of flavor and antioxidants. It’s not a must, but goodness does it complete my foodie taste buds…. just sayin…
Real food is so delish!
Pan roasted chicken thighs with Persian spices, a burst of lemon flavor and tender veggies! Gluten free, grain free, Paleo friendly.
- 4 chicken thighs (skinless) – around 1.25lbs
- 1/2 tsp + sea salt ( sea salt flakes and/or coarse salt flakes)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- pinch of paprika
- punch of black pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp oil (olive or avocado oil)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 pound small purple/gold new potatoes – quartered
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes – sliced
- extra lemon slices for chicken
- Crushed Red pepper flakes to garnish
- Optional toppings and sides – pomegranate seeds and peppercorns
- Dill yogurt sauce for dipping. See notes
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Clean chicken thighs and place on plate. Rub chicken thighs with corse sea salt flakes
- Next Combine 1 tsp turmeric, 1/2 tsp. sea salt, 1/2 tsp. allspice, and 1/2 tsp. cayenne, pepper, 1 tsp minced garlic, 3-4 tbsp oil, and 1 tbsp lemon juice in a large bowl. whisk together.
- Then douse the chicken thighs to coat. Or use a brush. Use the remaining to coat the potatoes.
- Place in an oven safe skillet (oven safe) with potatoes (diced) and tomatoes. Sear chicken on medium high for 5 minutes, flipping chicken and potatoes over while cooking.
- Place lemon slices on top of chicken and red pepper flakes
- Place pan in oven and bake for 22 -25 minutes, broil last 2 minutes. If your chicken thighs are smaller in size, they will cook faster. Adjust times as needed.
- Check on chicken by inserting thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken registers 165°F. You can also slice open one chicken breast (at the thickest part) to see if the meat is not longer pink, but white. Remove from oven when done.
- Place chicken, potatoes, tomatoes in one bowl or plate for a one pan meal. Optional sprinkle of pomegranate seeds
- If you want to serve this with a dipping sauce, mix 5 ounces of plain greek yogurt with 1/2 tsp minced garlic, 1- 2 tsp dried dill, and 1 tsp lemon juice.
Optional Greek Yogurt Dipping Sauce (not paleo) – mix 5 ounces of plain greek yogurt with 1/2 tsp minced garlic, 1- 2 tsp dried dill, and 1 tsp lemon juice.
Keywords: chicken, pan roast, healthy, oven baked, roast, one pan meal, paleo, gluten free, persian,
Tell me what you’re looking forward to cooking this week!
Are you ready for a new season? More focus? More structure? More healthy one pan meals? More SPICE?!?!
Um, the answer to all those should be HECK YES!