These Super Red SuperFood Smoothies are packed with nutrient dense ingredients to boost energy, stamina, and vitality! Superfood Smoothies with hidden veggies, silky smooth almond coconut milk, and tropical fruits. Healthy, wholesome, paleo, and vegan friendly!
Hey ya’ll! I’ve partnered with Silk to bring you these Silky Smooth RED SUPERFOOD Smoothies using their unsweetened coconut almond milk! We are thankful for their wonderful plant based products and allowing me to continue to share and create allergy friendly/gluten free recipes.
People Drink Smoothies for a variety of reasons. Wouldn’t you agree? And since I’m on a Junk Free June kick and all things healing/anti-inflammatory, I thought I’d share my latest superfood smoothies obsession. Plus… that COLOR! Swoooning over Ruby red (my birthstone).
Actually, come to think of it, this whole week I’m sharing SUPERFOOD-ish recipes. Are you cool with that? SURE YOU ARE! Summer superfood recipes, junk free thinking, and all the nourishing healing vitality boosting vibes. I like it!
Okay, so where was I? Oh yes, Superfood smoothies. This one is MIGHTY powerful ya’ll. Think of it as silky healing POWER (Vitality) red smoothie with a punchy exotic flavor. Say that 10 times fast now. Haha! What’s it in? Oh I am super excited to share my nerdy nutrition talk on this one. I truly believe that food does restore us and provides VITAL energy and health. You’ll like this one too. It’s like healthy on steroids, yet still tasty. Phew!
Before I dive into the SUPER RED SUPERFOOD SMOOTHIES ingredients, let’s talk about what makes this recipe super smoooooth.
Silk Almond Coconut Milk Ya’ll! Gah.. Silky smoothness indeed. Silk is one of my favorite dairy free milks. I use Silk unsweetened coconut/almond milk blend or even just their unsweetened almond milk in A TON of recipes, especially drink or smoothie recipes.
It’s such a creamy blend with the perfect balance of almond and coconut flavors. No added sugars, real INGREDIENTS (free of dairy, lactose, gluten, casein, egg and MSG), and enriched with extra Vitamin D and Calcium.
Plus this is one of the thickest creamiest plant based milks I’ve ever had. Ahhh so so perfect for those needing to be on a lactose free or dairy free diet.
Now that we have our SUPERFOOD milk, let’s get to the rest of Super Red smoothie ingredients.
I bet you can’t guess what else is in it. Remember my hints. It’s a bit tropical but with HIDDEN VEGGIES you just can’t “beet.” LOL! Sorry, Had to go there.
Super Secret RED VITALITY SuperFOOD Smoothies Ingredients
- RED/PURPLE CABBAGE – Red cabbage are rich in antioxidants, including anthocyanins, which is where it gets it’s purple/red color. Red cabbage has so many wonderful health benefits ya’ll , but one of my favorites health perks (for me personally) is it’s use of reducing inflammation in the gut. Yes, soooothing! (source)
- MANGO – 20 different vitamins and minerals (including Vitamin K, C, D, Calcium, and even Copper). Definitely superfood worthy!
- BANANA – Potassium Booster but also a healthy resistant starch fruit that acts like soluble fiber and escapes digestion. Resistant starch is great for gut health because when it resists digestions, it will act as fermentable fiber and FEED that good bacteria. (source).
- BEETS – Beets have similar soothing anti-inflammatory ingredients as Red cabbage. But did you also know that new research finds that beet juice can boost your stamina? This is why athletes drink beet juice. Heck, I used to make James drink beet juice and eat beets ALL the time when he raced haha! Hence my Tropical Beet Mac Nut Smoothie and BEET APPLE SALAD.
- CHIA – A great source of plant based Omega 3’s, fiber, and protein.
- GINGER – Soothing for the gut, anti-inflammatory properties, immunity booster!
- ALMOND COCONUT MILK – Dairy free, healthy fats, full of minerals!
- MAPLE SYRUP – Natural sweetener, anti-microbial properties, and rich in minerals.
Super Red SuperFood Smoothies are packed with a nutrient dense ingredients to boost energy, stamina, and vitality! Healthy, wholesome, paleo, and vegan friendly!
- 1/2 c to 1 cup chopped purple cabbage
- 1 small mango (peeled, core removed)
- 1 small banana
- 2/3 cup cooked beets (about 1 medium beet or 2 small). Raw beets work too but not as smooth in recipe. See notes for how to cook beets.
- 10–14 ounces Unsweetened Silk Almond coconut milk (use less for thicker shakes)
- 2 tbsp Chia seed
- 2–3 tsp fresh ginger or 1/4 tsp ground
- 3 tbsp Maple syrup
- Chop cabbage and place in blender.
- Next peel your mango and slice. Peel and cook your beets or use precooked. See notes for cooking beets. Place cooked beets, banana, and mango in blender with cabbage.
- Add 8 ounces of your almond coconut milk. Blend until mixed. If you are using raw beets, the texture won’t be as smooth so you might have to blend longer.
- Add the rest of your ingredients and remaining milk and blend until smooth.
- If smoothies are too thick, add more milk. If you want thicker smoothies, only use 10 ounces milk.
- Pour into cups, serve and enjoy!
- For COOKED beets – Place beets (peeled and cut) in a large pot of boiling salted water. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until beets are tender. This can take anywhere between 20-30 minutes depending on the size of beets. Drain after.
- BEETS – If using raw beets, texture and taste will be varied. Less creamy. Add a tad more milk or sweetener to help even it out.
- Feel free to cook the cabbage a bit before blending for easier digestion.
- Category: drinks
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 152
- Sugar: 24.3g
- Sodium: 55.8mg
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 34.1g
- Fiber: 6.2g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: superfoods, superfood smoothies, vegetarian, healthy drinks, paleo
Phew! Okay I’m feeling a renewed vitality in my health just reading those ingredients. You? Sure you are!
Now let’s bust out the blenders for some SILKY RED VITALITY SUPERFOOD SMOOTHIES!!! The best way to start the week if you ask me. I may be bias. Wink wink.
Do you sneak veggies into smoothies? Favorite dairy free milk? Almond, cashew, coconut? ALL OF THE ABOVE?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.