Super Red SuperFood Smoothies are packed with a nutrient dense ingredients to boost energy, stamina, and vitality! Healthy, wholesome, paleo, and vegan friendly!
- 1/2 c to 1 cup chopped purple cabbage
- 1 small mango (peeled, core removed)
- 1 small banana
- 2/3 cup cooked beets (about 1 medium beet or 2 small). Raw beets work too but not as smooth in recipe. See notes for how to cook beets.
- 10–14 ounces Unsweetened Silk Almond coconut milk (use less for thicker shakes)
- 2 tbsp Chia seed
- 2–3 tsp fresh ginger or 1/4 tsp ground
- 3 tbsp Maple syrup
- Chop cabbage and place in blender.
- Next peel your mango and slice. Peel and cook your beets or use precooked. See notes for cooking beets. Place cooked beets, banana, and mango in blender with cabbage.
- Add 8 ounces of your almond coconut milk. Blend until mixed. If you are using raw beets, the texture won’t be as smooth so you might have to blend longer.
- Add the rest of your ingredients and remaining milk and blend until smooth.
- If smoothies are too thick, add more milk. If you want thicker smoothies, only use 10 ounces milk.
- Pour into cups, serve and enjoy!
- For COOKED beets – Place beets (peeled and cut) in a large pot of boiling salted water. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until beets are tender. This can take anywhere between 20-30 minutes depending on the size of beets. Drain after.
- BEETS – If using raw beets, texture and taste will be varied. Less creamy. Add a tad more milk or sweetener to help even it out.
- Feel free to cook the cabbage a bit before blending for easier digestion.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: drinks
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 152
- Sugar: 24.3g
- Sodium: 55.8mg
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 34.1g
- Fiber: 6.2g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: superfoods, superfood smoothies, vegetarian, healthy drinks, paleo