Boneless baked pork chops in a smokey seasoning with roasted parsnips. 30 minute paleo recipe.
For the Cinnamon Chipotle Rub:
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (or raw sugar) – Omit for whole 30 option
- 1 tsp ground chili powder (Chipotle chili powder)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- Pinch of dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt (or taste)
- 1/4 tsp ground Black Pepper
For the Pan:
- 2 Large parsnips 7 to 8 inches long. Cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 Large carrots – 7 to 8 inches long. Cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 –3 tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 1.5 lbs of boneless pork chops or loin (or around 4 boneless pork chops ). See notes for other meat options.
- Lemon slices to garnish
- Parsley to garnish
- Red Chili pepper flakes to garnish
- optional extra salt/pepper to season each plate, if needed.
- Mix together your cinnamon chipotle rub seasoning in a small bowl. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 400F. Slice your parsnips and carrots into 1/2 inch pieces. Toss in 2 tbsp olive oil and 2 tsp of the cinnamon chipotle seasoning.
- Lay the parsnips and carrots flat on the baking sheet. Roast in oven for 15 minute, give or take.
While the veggies are roasting, prepare your pork chops.
- Rub each piece of pork in cinnamon chipotle seasoning. Place each pork chops in pan with 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil. Sear pork on medium high for 2-4 minutes. Flipping once.
- Remove pork chops from heat and place on baking pan with vegetables.
Place the pan back in the oven (with veggies and pork) and roast/bake at 400F for an additional 6-8 minutes or until pork reaches an internal temperature of 165F pork.
- Remove pan from oven and add garnishes; Lemon slices, fresh Parsley, red pepper flakes.
Serve and enjoy.
- This seasoning and one pan meal also works well with lamb chops if you don’t eat pork.
If you are using bone in pork chops, the meat will cook faster, so watch baking times and searing times.
- Omit Sugar for whole 30 option
- Category: main
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 chop
- Calories: 247
- Sugar: 6.6g
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 13.6g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 25g
Keywords: one pan meals, paleo, gluten free, dairy free, low carb, pork