Cinnamon Chipotle Baked Pork Chops with parsnips and carrots makes an easy one pan meal. Boneless baked pork chops rubbed in a sweet smokey seasoning, roasted veggies, and herbs to garnish. A whole30, low carb, grain free, paleo pork recipe, ready in 30 minutes.
Oh hi. Gosh, what a week. I have a one pan meal to share, Cinnamon Chipotle Baked Pork Chops …. with parsnips and carrots to be exact. Honestly, I contemplated even posting. Why? Because sometimes, a lot of times, I hold emotions in and think… maybe if I just be quiet for a week, we can ignore things. Well, I don’t think those emotions are going anywhere right now. So here we go. What do we do in times of tragedy and heart break? What do I do? I pray, I reach out, and I do what God gifted me to do. Make food with LOVE and SHARE it. Yes, I am super corny but hear me out. Ok?
A lot of my friends were in Vegas during the incident. So scary! And I can’t even imagine how they are feeling. But what it did made me realize is that I want to BE there for them. I want to be there for my friends and family in general. I DO NOT want to live in a world of hate and violence. I DO want to beat hate with love. This is the second seasonal recipe this week, dedicated to making food with love. I know I know, it’s probably the LEAST I could do in these times, but it’s something. This is a meal MEANT to be made for a gathering; shared and enjoyed with new friends and people near your heart.
This weekend we are fortunate to be able to spend time with family. I WILL be making them Cinnamon Chipotle Baked Pork Chops, a dish that I know they will love. But most importantly, the time spent together will be cherished.
And there ends my corny Cotter emotional high…
Let’s focus on the good here ya’ll. Real food, real good, real nourishing, real easy to make (CAUSE YOU WANNA SHARE IT)! Mmm k?
- Homemade Cinnamon Chipotle rub – think seasonal spices, anti-inflammatory rich spices, herbs, all mixed for a kick of smokey sweet flavor.
- Boneless Baked Pork Chops rubbed in the Cinnamon Chipotle seasoning. Seared then roasted. Side note: This also works well with lamb chops for those who don’t eat pork.
- Sliced parsnips and carrots, to roast with the pork chops all on one pan.
- Fresh herbs to and sliced lemon to garnish.
Boneless baked pork chops in a smokey seasoning with roasted parsnips. 30 minute paleo recipe.
For the Cinnamon Chipotle Rub:
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (or raw sugar) – Omit for whole 30 option
- 1 tsp ground chili powder (Chipotle chili powder)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- Pinch of dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt (or taste)
- 1/4 tsp ground Black Pepper
For the Pan:
- 2 Large parsnips 7 to 8 inches long. Cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 Large carrots – 7 to 8 inches long. Cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 -3 tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 1.5 lbs of boneless pork chops or loin (or around 4 boneless pork chops ). See notes for other meat options.
- Lemon slices to garnish
- Parsley to garnish
- Red Chili pepper flakes to garnish
- optional extra salt/pepper to season each plate, if needed.
- Mix together your cinnamon chipotle rub seasoning in a small bowl. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 400F. Slice your parsnips and carrots into 1/2 inch pieces. Toss in 2 tbsp olive oil and 2 tsp of the cinnamon chipotle seasoning.
- Lay the parsnips and carrots flat on the baking sheet. Roast in oven for 15 minute, give or take.
While the veggies are roasting, prepare your pork chops.
- Rub each piece of pork in cinnamon chipotle seasoning. Place each pork chops in pan with 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil. Sear pork on medium high for 2-4 minutes. Flipping once.
- Remove pork chops from heat and place on baking pan with vegetables.
Place the pan back in the oven (with veggies and pork) and roast/bake at 400F for an additional 6-8 minutes or until pork reaches an internal temperature of 165F pork.
- Remove pan from oven and add garnishes; Lemon slices, fresh Parsley, red pepper flakes.
Serve and enjoy.
- This seasoning and one pan meal also works well with lamb chops if you don’t eat pork.
If you are using bone in pork chops, the meat will cook faster, so watch baking times and searing times.
- Omit Sugar for whole 30 option
- Serving Size: 1 chop
- Calories: 247
- Sugar: 6.6g
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 13.6g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 25g
Keywords: one pan meals, paleo, gluten free, dairy free, low carb, pork
Yes, another superfood one pan meal that will make you feel like super woman (or superman).
That’s it my friends. Simplicity at it’s finest and totally do-able.
So here’s what I suggest; gather up the few ingredients it takes to make this one pan meal, invite 3 or more people over for dinner, pour a glass of red wine (you know, for antioxidants), and fellowship together. Be a doer of GOOD in a world of hate. Be in a world that feels so cold, be a giver of nourishment (with good food) in a world that feels so depleted.
I’d love it if you did.
What will you be making this weekend? Tell me your favorite way to make baked pork chops. Let’s keep this little food made with love going. Capeesh?A quick one pan meal! #paleo Cinnamon Chipotle Baked Pork Chops with parsnips and carrots.Click To Tweet