Um.. Can we just talk about this month’s healthy bites flavor for a second? Total “amazeballs” and I never use that word. In fact, I loathe it. But I must confess, these bites…they are AMAZING and I’ve been hoarding them like no other! I know, shame on me.
But I couldn’t help myself. You wanna know what else? I’m not even a huge chocolate berry combo fan. Yet I can’t get enough of these.
They remind me of flourless cake. The dark chocolate decadent kind with berries on top. Now that I like. Must be the cake texture. Which is why I named these Triple Berry Chocolate Cake bites. Swoon!
But wait, it gets better! These bites are total LOVE bites, made with LOVEGROWN Foods limited edition Chocolate Strawberry Heart Power O’s. That’s what makes the third berry complete, and that’s what makes them have a cake like texture.
When you grind up the cereal, it makes a base for the cocoa powder, freeze dried berries, dark chocolate nut butter, and almond meal, and chocolate chips. Um… you see? Utterly addicting combo!
And I get to give it away! Yep, a box of healthy bites and a box of Love Grown Foods Chocolate Strawberry Heart Cereal. Both gluten free and dairy free, yet sweet and satisfying. Let’s not forget to mention –> FULL OF LOVE!
Okay okay, let’s get to the recipe and then to the giveaway, open to US and Canada, whoop whoop!
- 1 cup coconut or almond flour
- ⅓ cup ground strawberry Power O's cereal (you can use vanilla or berry protein powder instead if you don't have the cereal, or ground banana chips)
- ¼ cup crushed freeze dried berries (raspberry and blueberry) Feel free to use regular dried as well
- ⅓ -1/2 cup chocolate nut butter of choice (I used Dark chocolate Nuttzo)
- ¼ cup Enjoy Life GF/DF chocolate chips
- 2-3 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- ½ tsp raspberry extract
- ½ tsp butter or vanilla extract (optional)
- ½ or more cup honey or maple syrup
- First, grind up your cereal if you are using it. Then just mix up dry ingredients and add in nut butter, extract, and, crushed berries, and honey. Mix well, then roll into balls/bites. Freeze right away then use cocoa Powder after frozen. That's optional for extra chocolate taste! Store in fridge or freezer to maintain freshness. Makes around 32-35 bites, give or take.
- NOTE –> if your batter is dry, you might need to add more honey and/or nut butter to keep batter from being to dry.
This giveaway is ending Monday the 9th, so hurry and enter and go make these treats for you special Valentine! Okay, enough Corny Cotter.
Favorite Valentines Day Treat to Make?
- Facebook i’m finally on it as Cotter Crunch! Click here Cotter Crunch FB
- Instagram -LCCotter
- Pinterest- LCCotter
- Email- email@example.com
- Bloglovin-Cotter Crunch