The best quiche recipe for anyone eating gluten free! A made from scratch quiche that’s easy and gluten free! This leftover turkey or ham and cheese quiche takes less than an hour to make, uses minimal ingredients, and is SUPER tasty! You can wow your guests and brag about it. Totally allowed! Perfect for a holiday brunch or a quick dinner/brinner.
On the 7 th day of Christmas my true love gave to me….. the best quiche recipe! Super simple, gluten free, made from scratch, and delicious. LOL! Hey hey I just had to go there. You’re welcome.
Actually, I don’t know what day of Christmas it is, countdown wise, but I do know this —> I’m READY! BRING IT ON!
Shopping done (thank you Target), DIY trail mix gifts made, Holiday Cards never made, so there’s that dilemma solved. LOL!
And then, there’s Christmas day brunch –> DONE AND DONE! A homemade (super easy) made from scratch, gluten free quiche. Yes, made from scratch! Yes, gluten free! Yes, I’m pretty sure Julia Child would be rolling her eyes at me if she saw my made from scratch method. But still, this is how I roll.
Best Quiche Recipe Filling
Making crust from bread and using the most simple of simple healthy quiche filling ingredients; parmesan, herbs, seasoning, eggs, almond milk, red pepper flakes, and one (or more) of these amazing proteins:.
- leftover turkey,
- leftover ham
- cooked chicken
Or whatever cooked protein you have on hand. I used leftover turkey because that’s what I had on hand, but DANG, it was SO good!
I told you I’m no Martha, nor Julia. I’m the SC (Scrappy “Chef”). You can quote me on that.
You see, once you’ve found the perfect gluten free (3 ingredient) pie crust, magic happens. Like you get the motivation to make all your foodie favorites, but homemade.
Hence the pot pies. You will also start to feel like you can claim expert domesticated “top chef” status without actually being either. Ya, I’m ballsy. Or so I like to think.
Today, we’re gonna sneak our way up the chef ladder and make a the BEST QUICHE RECIPE with SO LITTLE effort.
The whole made from scratch concept really comes down to the crust. If you were making a LEGIT quiche, the crust would be with pastry dough and all the yummy glutinous flour. Now, since I have yet to find a gluten free pre-made pastry dough pie crust, we’re going to make this quiche with my 3 ingredient pie crust made with gluten free bread.
And you know what? I think it tastes even better! It’s like eating eggs eating eggs on toast in pie form! Haha.
A made from scratch quiche made in a snappy (and scrappy) way! Yep, totally acceptable.
Okay, you ready to get scrappy? Just remember, this made from scratch quiche can be tailored to your palate and food allergies if needed.
Baking and mixing times might be a wee different, but that’s it. Mmm k?
Gluten Free Quiche Recipe Ingredients
To make the best quiche recipe, you will need the best gluten free quiche ingredients, right?
- gluten free bread (for the crust)
- cage free eggs
- aged 100% parmesan (the imported from Italy is best, trust me on this) cheese
- chives or your favorite herb (chopped)
- salt and pepper
- butter or coconut oil
- almond milk (or milk of choice)
- cooked protein of your choice
Pretty basic ingredients that make an oh soooo tasty brunch recipe!
Let me know what you think of this made from scratch quiche recipe, please! Oh, and if you agree that it’s the BEST quiche recipe, please rate the recipe for me!Print
The BEST quiche recipe for anyone eating a gluten free diet! This gluten free, made from scratch quiche takes less than an hour to make with minimal ingredients, and it’s SUPER tasty!
- [url] 3 ingredient Gluten Free Pie Crust ∞https://www.cottercrunch.com/3-ingredient-gluten-free-pie-crust/[/url] (all you need is GF bread, egg, and oil or butter)
- 5 eggs (whisked)
- 1 or 2 egg whites whisked (the more egg whites, the fluffier but baking times will need to be adjusted)
- 2/3 cup almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3/4 shredded parmesan cheese (100% natural aged). 1/4 cup is for topping.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2–3 tbsp finely chopped herbs (chive or basil work great!)
- 2 ounces of sliced turkey sausage or pepperoni, smoked ham, or cooked chicken. All work! Must be precooked.
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- red pepper flakes to garnish
- Sprouts to garnish
- First make your Gluten Free pie crust. IT’s super easy and tutorial is here . If you are using pre-made, then be sure to pierce bottom of the pie crust with fork.
- The dough might not get very flexible, but I just lay as much as I can over the pie dish, then press the rest of the dough in pieces into the pie pan. Same for pinching the top. Use whatever dough you have extra to make it even on top and then pinch together. Doesn’t have to be pretty, it’s still tasty!
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Pre-bake pie crust for 10-12 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- While the pie crust is pre-baking, make your quiche filling.
- Whisk together your eggs, egg whites, and milk.
- Add in your onion, garlic, salt/pepper, and 1/2 cup parmesan. Mix again.
- Pour egg mixture into your pie crust dish.
- Place your turkey or ham slices evenly around and on top of the egg mixture.
- sprinkle the rest of your parmesan on top a along with your herbs, evenly. Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until egg mix is set.
- Remove and let it cool down a tad so the crust is set.
- Slice, add red pepper flakes, and a bit of sprouts or more herbs for garnish.
- Estimated Nutrition Based on my 3-Ingredient Pie Crust recipe
- The dough might not get very thin or as flexible as regular pastry dough, but I just lay as much as I can over the pie dish, then press the rest of the dough in pieces into the pie pan. Same for pinching the top. Use whatever dough you have extra to make it even on top and then pinch together. Doesn’t have to be pretty, it’s still tasty!
- Category: main, brunch, dinner
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 213
- Sugar: 2.7g
- Sodium: 473.1mg
- Fat: 12.3g
- Saturated Fat: 5.6g
- Carbohydrates: 16.4g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Protein: 10,6g
- Cholesterol: 167.1mg
Keywords: best quiche recipe, made from scratch quiche, gluten free quiche
Now that you’ve seen this totally do-able made best quiche recipe, you must make it for the holidays!
Or whenever really. But just know this, if you make it for Christmas or New Years brunch, you can totally brag about your domesticated “gluten free” top chef skills.
Then accept all the compliments when your family and friends say “You made this from scratch? WOW! Impressive.” And in response, say something like this. … ” Oh well thank you, it was actually easy. No sweat.” Ballsy status complete.
Mwhahahahahaha! Trickster move. But don’t worry, I think you will still stay on the nice list with Santa.
My secret to the best quiche recipe from scratch is out.
p.s I have one more recipe later this week with the pie crust. It’s sweeeeeeet one and is 3 ingredient. Dude, I’m loving this stuff!
Have you ever made a dish from scratch dish? Do share!
p.s. I think my next attempt at the best quiche recipe will be with these Potato crust quiche pots! um.. YUM!