These Flourless Carrot Cake Yogurt Pancakes are too good to be true! Protein packed, made with simple wholesome ingredients, lower sugar, gluten free, and oh so tasty! Just blend, cook, and serve!
Thanks to siggi’s dairy for partnering with Cotter Crunch on this superfood breakfast recipe! It’s perfect recipe to celebrate Spring. Grab a fork and let’s dive in!”
Oh boy! We’re talking pancakes today. Yogurt Pancakes. Sneaky Veggie packed, Simple ingredient, naturally sweetened, Protein rich Yogurt pancakes that taste like Cake. Excuse my run on sentence ya’ll, but I get excited about Carrot “Cake” for breakfast or brunch. I’ll get more into the HEALTH PERKS of these carrot cake yogurt pancakes, but before I begin, I have something to confess.
You see… Um, I have a MAJOR love/hate relationship with pancakes.
LOVE – I LOVE LOVE LOVE how versatile they are. Gluten Free, Paleo, Swedish style, savory, thin, fluffy, etc. I LOVE Breakfast Pancakes for dinner and Weekend Brunch! I have fond memories of Pancake breakfast at school where I could invite my mom or dad to join me. Do you remember those? Gah, the best!
So what’s to hate? Well, I shouldn’t say hate. Hate’s a strong word. I’ll reword. I dislike. I dislike how horribly impatient I am at making pancakes. Did I mix it right? Did I use the right gluten free flour/milk ratio? Should I flip them now?? Or wait longer? My over thinking causes me to flip them early and then they turn into a PANFLOP. Another reason why I sometimes bake them in oven. Haha, no joke!
I also dislike how difficult it can be to order pancakes when dining out, especially gluten free pancakes. I’m sorry, but I have yet to find a place that makes a lightly sweetened fluffy gluten free pancake that’s made with real ingredients. Oh and that doesn’t taste like cardboard. I’m sure there is a place out there somewhere, right?
All this to say; this love/hate relationship must go! Starting with an EASY way to make HEALTHY delicious gluten free pancakes at home. No mess, no fuss, no weird ingredients, easy to flip, and did I mention they taste like cake? Oh ya, I did!
Are you ready to dig deep into the wonder of the Yogurt Pancakes? Yes! Because all you have to do to make these yogurt pancakes is blend ingredients in a blender. Then pour into a pan to cook. SIMPLE.
Speaking of simple, let’s talk about the simple ingredients these Carrot Cake Yogurt Pancakes and how they can help boost your health! Bring on the nutrition nerd talk!
siggi’s Icelandic Vanilla Yogurt – THE STAR Ingredient.
- siggi’s is a traditional Icelandic-style skyr. It’s also SUPER packed with protein. How? Well, by incubating milk (whole or non-fat) with live active cultures. Then they strain the whey and excess water to make it thicker and more concentrated. This results in 2x as much protein versus regular yogurt. No dyes, preservatives, nothing artificial are used. This is what I love about siggi’s! They focus on real ingredients with VERY little sugar (natural sugar or fruit sweetened). The milk itself is from grass-fed cows. See… the STAR ingredient ya’ll. Bonus –> each 5.3 oz cup has 15-20 % calcium.
Have I bragged enough? Nah, I could go on, but you get my point.
QUALITY, TASTE, SIMPLE REAL INGREDIENTS are my jam!
The other KEY ingredients to making these Healthy Cake–a-licious Yogurt Pancakes are listed below. You probably already have them in your fridge or pantry too!
- Eggs – Healthy fats, rich in choline, protein, and Vitamin D!
- Banana – Perfect Potassium Boost and Natural Sweetener
- Cinnamon – Anti-flammatory spice to help heal that body. Also aids in digestion!
- Carrot– We all know they are great for the eyes due to Carotene, but carrots are also high in pectin fiber. Pectin is a soluble fiber that can help feed that good bacteria in your gut, yea! Source –
- Tapioca Starch or Ground Gluten Free Oats (Oat Flour) – A great gluten free alternative to processed white flour. You can even use Almond flour. All work (just different textures and cooking times) and all are high in fiber!
- Optional Dark chocolate or cacao nibs – More Antioxidants to make these MEGA HEALTHY yogurt pancakes.
Veggies – check.
Fruit – Check.
Protein – Check.
Calcium – Check.
Fiber – Check.
Delicious – Um, DOUBLE CHECK!
Now, let’s get that pan recipe ready!
Estimated Nutrition for 2 1/2 pancakes. No topping
P.S. These yogurt pancakes can easily be made ahead for breakfast on the go. They are actually a frequent brunch or “brinner” for us carrot cake loving Cotters! Reheat, top with extra yogurt, and serve!
Phew! Wow, did I talk your ear off about pancakes? I hope so.
Favorite Type of Pancakes?