Have your cake and eat it, too with these Gluten-Free Carrot Cake Pancakes! Refined sugar and gluten-free, they’re made with gluten-free oat flour, banana, and carrots. Dairy-Free Option.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large carrot or 3/4 cup to 1 cup chopped
- 1 ripe small banana (100 g)
- 5 ounces plain or vanilla Greek yogurt (coconut milk yogurt may be substituted)
- 1/2 cup (60 to 65 grams) tapioca starch or gluten free oat flour (50 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Optional Toppings – dark chocolate chips, chopped nuts and/or cinnamon
- refined coconut oil or butter for the pan
- Place the eggs, carrot, banana and yogurt in a blender. Blend on high until a creamy batter is formed.
- Add in the tapioca starch, baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Blend again until smooth. Batter should be a pourable smoothie-like consistency.
- Place the batter in the fridge for 30 minutes. If using oat flour, place in fridge for 10 to 15 minutes, so the batter doesn’t get too thick. Remove from the fridge once batter has set.
- Heat a skillet to medium-high, adding a few teaspoons of coconut oil or butter to coat the pan.
- Once hot, pour 1/3 cup batter into the center of the pan. Cook until the edges start to brown or the middle starts to bubble but no more than 2 minutes (might be different for oat flour). Flip over and let the pancake cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the pancake and place on a plate. Repeat the process to get 6 to 7 pancakes (4 to 5 larger pancakes).
- Top pancakes with optional toppings. Once cooled, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Substitutes– Plant Based/Dairy-Free yogurt may be substituted for greek yogurt.
Storage Tips – Place the pancakes in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months, wrapping them individually with parchment paper to prevent them from sticking together. .
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Rest Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: one 4 to 5 inch pancake
- Calories: 82
- Sugar: 3.7 g
- Sodium: 93.7 mg
- Fat: 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.9 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 4.5 g
- Cholesterol: 65.1 mg
Keywords: gluten-free pancakes, pancakes, carrot cake pancakes, breakfast, brunch