Detox Breakfast Bowls are energy-packed to set your day off right.This Dirty Chai detox breakfast recipe is healthy and nourishing, full of antioxidants, rich spices and immunity boosting nutrients. Gluten free oats, almonds, and quinoa soaked in a non dairy dirty chai brew! A filling breakfast bowl recipe that will perk you up in no time!
Dirty chai detox breakfast bowls
Yes, I’m posting a vegan detox breakfast on Halloween! No trick!
Hmmm. Not the most attractive sounding breakfast title, but y’all, hear me out. I think you’re gonna like this bowl of goodness! It involves a detox from processed sugar, like say, maybe ….Halloween candy.
But it INCLUDES a whole lotta flavor and anti inflammatory nourishment! Give it a chai… haha!
How to make dirty chai detox breakfast bowls (1 min. recipe video)
What is in a detox breakfast?
Before we jump into this devilishly delicious dirty chai detox breakfast recipe, let’s talk about the word detox mmmm k?
Oh, how I loathe the word. I really do. But I couldn’t think of a short and sweet word to describe the purpose of this breakfast bowl. So detox breakfast bowls it is!
Sure beats “dirty chai breakfast bowls without processed sugar and filled with healthy energizing nutrients” as a title.
What foods can I eat while detoxing?
Back to my point. I’m going to be using the word “detox” but now you know what I mean. Not an elimination of a whole food group, just a break from the overconsumption of one “guilty pleasure” per se.
Yes, that’s called BALANCE. The ebb and flow of Holiday food balance. In other words, no diet is perfect and there is always room for enjoyment. And when that happens, let’s have our GO TO POWER BOWL or Recovery MEAL that can help us get back on track. A nutritional reset.
Hence these Vegan Dirty Chai Detox Breakfast Bowls. Filled with ingredients that help RESET and NOURISH the body.
What is a dirty chai?
In case you are wondering what a dirty chai is, I’ll fill you in. It’s when you use brewed espresso or coffee versus tea in a chai drink. Pure genius I tell ya!
Now let’s discuss what’s in the bowl, shall we?
Detox Breakfast Bowl Ingredients
- Homemade Chai tea spices
*Every one of the spices listed has health benefits.
Stress, too much alcohol or sugar, lack of sleep, etc. They all can cause inflammation.
ALL these spices are anti-inflammatory, which means they can help calm down the body. I also like the fact that ginger, cinnamon, and black peppercorn can ease digestion or help with nausea. Black pepper supports the pancreas by secreting certain enzymes that breakdown protein/fat during digestion. YES! Needed!
- black pepper or white pepper (ground)
- Slivered almonds . – Rich in Vitamin E, healthy fats, and even fiber.
- Overnight oatmeal and quinoa (porridge) – Oh how I love overnight oats! An easy way to get more soluble fiber (yet again). But here’s the bonus points part. When you soak your oats overnight, it breaks down certain phytates that can blog nutrient intake. This means you actually ABSORB more nutrients from a meal when you soak your grains. YEEHAW!
*Note* Soaking BOTH the oats/grains and the almonds will help reduce the phytates and increase nutrient absorption. YEA BUDDY!
- Coffee/Espresso – Well it’s just gonna keep up alive. Kidding. Espresso actually contains antioxidants and can protect against type two diabetes. But a little goes a long way ya’ll! And sorry, a Venti frappuccino doesn’t count. GASP! I know. Sorry.
- Non dairy milk (like coconut milk), Coconut flakes, and/or Coconut Cream – Loaded with minerals and natural fatty acids. Coconut cream is awesome in breakfast bowls. A little goes a long way with a satiating filling too! Did you know that more mature coconuts have more cream/milk versus water. Yup, good stuff!
- Cacao nibs or Dark Chocolate – Kinda my new obsession. Yes, ever since I used cacao in my brownies I can’t get enough! Cacao is the purest form of chocolate. It comes from the cacao fruit tree where it makes cacao pods with beans. It is raw and has the highest source of antioxidants of all foods and the highest source of magnesium of all foods. You can also use Dark chocolate almonds, whole or chopped. Same great antioxidants and healthy fats!
So you see, that detox breakfast wasn’t so bad, was it? Nope, it’s all about ADDING in the good, and taking a wee little break from the not so good. Ebb and flow ya’ll, ebb and flow.
Time to get to the detox breakfast bowl recipe now, mmm k?Print
I highly recommend the extra topping. It makes the perfect little pod to pour your espresso over! Ya see?! Plus it’s more healthy fats ya’ll!
I had way too much fun making the dirty chai detox breakfast bowls. Even more fun consuming them… yes, multiple bowls. Cause that’s how we roll!
Layer it up, let it soak, mix, then pour!
What’s your idea of a detox breakfast bowl? Ever tried a Dirty Chai?