Banana mac nut muffin protein bites! Great for breakfast on the go or post workout snack! They are grain free, healthy, and full of fiber! This month’s Healthy Bites Flavor and Giveaway(s) are totally delicious! Full of great flavor, ingredients, originality, and well… just plain GOODNESS! Just like life needs to be, yes? Okay okay, Corny Cotter moment. Let’s get to the giveaway and recipe!
This Month’s flavor sent me on a Quest.. with Quest Nutrition. Clever, I know! Anyway, I wanted to find a way to incorporate one of their delicious bars into a healthy bite.
Here’s what I came up with…
Banana Mac Nut Muffin Protein Bites!
Each bite as a pieces of Quest Banana Nut muffins in it. This is a combo you have got to try!Print
Gluten Free Banana Mac Nut Muffin Protein Bites
- 1/3 cup GF oats or granola (to make it grain free just use coconut flour or more almond meal)
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup peanut flour (can use coconut flour instead)
- 2/3 cup vanilla protein
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp banana cream extract (you can use plain banana extract or just leave it out)
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chia seed
- 1/2 chopped Banana Nut chips
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup or more of crunchy nut butter (I used Nuttzo)
- NOTE: Add more protein if batter is too runny. Add more nut butter or honey if it’s too dry. Just depends on the type of nut butters you use and the oil in it.
- Directions: In large bowl, add in all your dry ingredients. Then mix in your nut butters, extracts, and last the honey. Mix well ( I use my hands) and roll into bite size balls. When cooled, roll bites in more vanilla protein or peanut flour with cinnamon! Makes about 24-26 balls. Feel free to roll into larger bites, or smaller to make more. Freeze or keep in refrigerator to maintain freshness.
The other special ingredient you see in that recipe is the protein. Les Mills was gracious enough to send me their new grass fed whey protein to try out with my Healthy Bite recipes. Oh man, what a creamy taste! I really liked how simple and wholesome they made this protein, which is why I thought it would be a great use in Healthy Bites!
“LES MILLS™ Good Protein is low carbohydrate, dairy-based protein powder, sweetened with stevia leaf extract. It contains the same ratio and types of proteins found in real milk, whey and casein. Whey gives a fast release of amino acids, and casein provides a slower release over several hours. Together, they provide optimum muscle recovery. “
So, there you have it. WHOLESOME yet FLAVORFUL Healthy Bite flavor for November! And with great products/companies to work with.
Now about that giveaway, we’ve got 3 winners!
One for the Healthy Bites (one box).
One for a box of 12 Quest Bars and a 4 pack of the new Quest Chips.
And one for LES MILLS™ Good Protein (2 bags – Chocolate and Vanilla!).
The Healthy bites and Quest giveaway is open to US and Canada. Les Mills protein just open to US. Either way, there’s a lot up for grabs! Sound good?
What’s your favorite type of muffin?