Gluten Free Banana Mac Nut Muffin Protein Bites
- 1/3 cup GF oats or granola (to make it grain free just use coconut flour or more almond meal)
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup peanut flour (can use coconut flour instead)
- 2/3 cup vanilla protein
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp banana cream extract (you can use plain banana extract or just leave it out)
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chia seed
- 1/2 chopped Banana Nut chips
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup or more of crunchy nut butter (I used Nuttzo)
- NOTE: Add more protein if batter is too runny. Add more nut butter or honey if it’s too dry. Just depends on the type of nut butters you use and the oil in it.
- Directions: In large bowl, add in all your dry ingredients. Then mix in your nut butters, extracts, and last the honey. Mix well ( I use my hands) and roll into bite size balls. When cooled, roll bites in more vanilla protein or peanut flour with cinnamon! Makes about 24-26 balls. Feel free to roll into larger bites, or smaller to make more. Freeze or keep in refrigerator to maintain freshness.
- Prep Time: 10 min