Festive red holiday cocktails to spice up your party and gatherings! Yuletide Moon is a red wine (Merlot) and bourbon holiday cocktail in an old fashioned glass. Made with cherries, spices, and a bit of maple on the rocks.
- 4 cherries, pitted (fresh or in jar)
- 1.5 ounces merlot wine
- 1 oz bourbon ([url] gluten free bourbon list ∞http://urbantastebud.com/gluten-free-whiskey-list/[/url])
- 2–3 tbsp fresh orange or clementine juice (more if desired)
- 1–2 tsp maple syrup
- dash of cinnamon or nutmeg
- lemon zest/peel
- Juice the orange and remove pits from cherries.
- Place cherries is a tall glass then muddle the cherries (if no pitter, just remove pits after muddling). This is basically just pressing the cherries with a spoon or a tool called a muddler to extract the juice. Keep the cherries once muddled.
- Add your orange juice, maple syrup, merlot, bourbon and mix again. Pour into an old fashion glass with handful of ice. Stir then tip with lemon peel and dash of with grated nutmeg or cinnamon.
- If you don’t have merlot, make sure to use a bold red wine.
- Honey or agave can replace maple syrup if needed. The more orange juice you use, the sweeter.
- Category: drinks
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 143
- Sugar: 10.6g
- Sodium: 2.9mg
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 12.8g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: holiday cocktails, holiday drinks, cocktail recipes, gluten free cocktails