Refined sugar-free, these Yuletide Moon Red Wine Cocktails are perfect for the holidays! Serve them on the rocks for a refreshing drink your guests will love.
- 9 cherries, pitted (fresh or in a jar)
- 3 ounces fresh orange or clementine juice (keep part of the fruit to muddle, if desired)
- 5–6 ounces Merlot wine
- 2 ounces bourbon (See notes for gluten free option)
- 1 Tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- Pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg
- Orange slices or lemon zest/peel to garnish
- Place the cherries in a tall cocktail shaker. (See notes if you don’t have a cocktail shaker.)
- Muddle the cherries.*
- Add the orange juice (plus optional 3 wedges of orange or 1 clementine, sliced in half), merlot, bourbon, maple syrup, and optional spices to the cocktail shaker.
- Muddle the ingredients again. Then, close the cocktail shaker, and shake to combine.
- Pour the mixture into individual glasses over ice.
- Stir the ingredients, and top the drinks with citrus peel and dash of nutmeg or cinnamon.
- *If you don’t have merlot, use a bold red wine.
- Check here for gluten free bourbon options.
- *Muddling means to press with a spoon or a tool called a muddler to extract the juice. Keep the cherries once muddled.
- Optional sparkling mix-ins: kombucha (cranberry or ginger work best) or sparkling apple juice.
- No cocktail shaker? Use a tall glass and long spoon to muddle the cherries. Add the remaining ingredients, muddle the mixture again, and stir. Use a mesh strainer to pour into a serving container before pouring individual glasses
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: N/A
- Category: drinks
- Method: mix
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 drink
- Calories: 132
- Sugar: 9.5 g
- Sodium: 4.4 mg
- Fat: 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.3 g
- Fiber: 0.4 g
- Protein: 0.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: holiday cocktails, holiday drinks, cocktail recipes, gluten free cocktails, red wine, bourbon