Bliss balls are a quick sweet and salty snack ball recipe, perfect for snacking. This toasted coconut bliss balls recipe makes the perfect bite size healthy treat that’s paleo and vegan friendly. Crunchy, chewy, and naturally sweetened. Made with cinnamon toasted coconut, dates, cashews, and more! YUM!
It’s time for a baller of a recipe ya’ll! I’m “toasting” to the new year (in 10 days) will these Toasted Coconut Bliss Balls! Haha, see what I did there? Puns during the holidays are needed. You’re welcome.
But in all seriousness. 10 days till 2017 and I’m already trying to embrace so much CHANGE . Not physical change, just more huge life transition changes.
You know, like…. um, moving across the country in a few weeks in the middle of winter. Sure, why not. While we’re at it, let’s change up my regular healthy bite ingredients and recipe recipe. A new catchy title! Hence these Toasted Coconut Bliss Balls!
Bliss (Blissed) by definition means to reach a state of perfect happiness, typically so as to be oblivious of everything else. It’s also my new favorite word.
Yep, that’s is exactly where I’m going with this bliss balls recipe. A new favorite! Plus you when you eat these oh so toasty bliss balls , you will and then experience a state of perfect happiness. BRING IT ON!
What are Bliss Balls?
I’m not sure where the exact name bliss balls came from, but I first heard about them when we lived in New Zealand.
The name has stuck with me ever since, and I kinda like it. Jazzy! Like jazz hands worthy. Don’t you think? ** Enter Jazz hand shimmy here** Haha, okay back to my point here.
There are several kinds of bliss balls out there these days! All ranging from super duper paleo or vegan friendly, to nutrient dense energy bites, to rich chocolatey no bake dessert type of “bliss balls.”
The main ingredients that most of them have in common are dates and coconut. Not to mention other real food ingredients. Sounds pretty simple and do-able to me. Minimal ingredients. Tons of flavor. Easy to make. AND SO PRETTY!
Well, the nature (and title) of these bliss balls got me thinking. What makes me blissfully happy when it comes to making healthy bites? What’s my favorite combo? What’s jazz hands worthy … TO ME?!
Toasted coconut bliss balls are MY ULTIMATE favorite. The special hostess with mostess bliss ball flavor, and here’s why.
It’s sweet, it’s savory, it’s crunchy, it’s chewy. It’s the best of 4 baller worlds. You can quote me on that.
And when you blend it all up, then roll it all up, it’s oh so pretty!
Ingredients in Toasted Coconut Bliss Balls
Toasted Coconut Bliss Balls have some pretty amazing and healthy ingredients:
- salted roasted cashews
- a bit of coconut flour
- and a touch of maple syrup
Lord have mercy, these are amazing. Pure BLISS indeed! Not to mention, nourishing (with vitamins and mineral), naturally sweetened, loaded with healthy fats, and all the things you need in your life.
You wanna know the best part about making this bite… I mean ball? Besides the fact that it’s quick to make?
Toasting the coconut makes your house smell amazing. It takes all of 5 minutes and creates a cozy comforting aroma.
Now you might be wondering, how have I have lived so long without making bliss balls and all the things toasted coconut? Good question. I don’t know.
But I’m quite obsessed and won’t be skimping out on making coconut bliss balls anymore. I highly recommend you do the same.
Toasted Coconut Bliss balls. A sweet and salty snack ball made with cinnamon toasted coconut, dates, cashews, cinnamon and more! The perfect bite size healthy treat. Paleo and Vegan friendly, crunchy, chewy, and and naturally sweetened.
- 2/3 cup or more unsweetened shredded coconut. Plus extra for coating. (divided) I use Bob’s Red Mill [url] Coconut flakes ∞http://amzn.to/2h7QuKY[/url]
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 9-10 dates (pitted)
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup salted roasted cashews (or other nut of choice)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp to 1/4 cup almond butter (no stir) see notes for substitutes
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Toss 2/3 of your coconut flakes in cinnamon. Spread evenly on a baking tray.
- Place in oven for about 5 minutes or until toasted.
- Save a few tbsp of your un-toasted coconut for later.
- Next place your dates, 1/2 cup of toasted coconut, and nuts in a food processor. The other 1/4 cup of that toasted coconut for later.
- Blend until a batter is formed. Still “mealy” texture.
- Pour into a bowl and add in your maple syrup, almond butter, coconut flour, and vanilla. Add 2 tbsp almond butter at a time until the batter is at nice consistency to mix. Notes for the coconut flour. You might not need as much depending on how moist your dates are. Just added a little a time to hold together and create better consistency. Mix well.
- Roll into small golf size ball bites/balls. Place on cookie try or serving dish and set aside.
- Now take 1/4 cup left of your toasted coconut and the 2-3 tbsp of un-toasted coconut and place them in the food processor. Pulse until finely shredded. A combo of both toasted and un-toasted mix. Place in a bowl.
- Roll each ball in the shredded toast/un-toasted coconut mix. Add a little honey or maple syrup if it’s not sticking. It should though!
- Place back on tray and stick in fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Remove and place in ziplock back or container.
- Store in fridge or freezer for up to 6 weeks.
- If you don’t have nut butter or don’t want to use more honey, try soaking your dates before to make them more moist. I would also use 12-14 vs. 10. If you do this then you can skip the nut butter or use less nut butter or maple syrup.
- *In case you can’t see some of the ingredients left out on Pinterest, be sure to add in 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey and 1 tsp Vanilla! *
- Serving Size: 1 Bliss Ball
- Calories: 94
- Sugar: 8,6g
- Sodium: 4.9mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 12.4g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: bliss balls, toasted coconut bliss balls, healthy no bake snacks
Pretty nutrient dense, but great as a treat!
These little bliss bites ARE NOW A REGULAR ball flavor in our household. True story. Although I gave 2 to my husband and hogged the rest for me. True Story. Don’t tell him. Mmm k?
What’s your definition of a bliss ball? What flavor would make you blissfully happy?
Are you sick me of saying bliss? LOL! No, never!