No bake holiday desserts to the rescue!
Welcome to my bonus Christmas cookies recipe! Yes yes, it’s been quite a vegan cookie week. But here’s the thing. This cookie recipe is kind of a recipe and kind of not. I mean, there’s no baking involved and it only requires 5 ingredients, but….. I figured, why not. This cookie truffle recipe deserves a post of its own. You’ll understand my reasoning of making them (or lack thereof reasoning) at the bottom of this post. But first…. look!
A sparkly no bake truffle that can easily easily be adapted for your loved ones with food allergies. Nut free, vegan, Paleo-ish, gluten free, etc. And it looks fabulous in a cookie platter arrangement. 🙂
The hardest part is trying to figure out what to actually call these holiday treats. I ended up giving them name cookie truffles, but they are kind of all the truffles rolled up in one.
- cookie dough truffles
- chocolate covered cookie balls
- chocolate pretzel brownie truffles
- plain ol’ no bake truffles
- 5 ingredient chocolate cookie truffles.
Gah! Google just didn’t have the answer. So we’ll call them whatever you want. It’s all good. And you, my friends, deserve a whole batch to yourself. I just threw my nutrition hat out the window, because, let’s face it ‘tis the season for sharing! . And we are all about sharing good food with each other.
What you need to make no bake cookie truffle bites:
The ones you first say me making on IG stories and mentioned in Monday’s post. You ready?
First you will need:
- A box of soft baked any cookies. Preferably gluten free or vegan. We used 6 ounces of the enjoy life brownie cookies. These are allergy friendly chocolate cookies that actually taste delicious. You could also use any of my gluten free cookie recipes! The softer the cookie the better though.
- Once you have the cookies in hand, you just grind them in the food processor. Like so!
Then you will need:
- no stir nut butter or sunflower seed butter to make this more nut free/allergy friendly. That’s what we used because I just love that stuff. But almond butter or peanut butter will work as well.
Thirdly, you will need:
- gluten-free pretzels. This is my favorite addition to combine with the cookie dough part. It adds a salty crunchy texture. We’re going to crush them and then add the pretzels to cookie batter as well.
And finally you need:
- dark chocolate for melting and coating the cookie truffles in. Again we used enjoy life vegan dark chocolate, which tastes amazing! P.s for those looking for vegan or dairy free white chocolate, I have used this brand before!
Now before you add the dark chocolate coating, be sure to freeze the balls. Did I just say that? I mean freeze your truffle bites. *wink wink* Once they chill, roll into the melted dark chocolate!
What about Cookie Truffle Toppings decorations?
Well, the possibilities are endless!
- White chocolate – vegan version here
- Sparkling Cane sugar
- Crushed peppermint
- Gold and Silver Sand Sugar (dye free version here)
- More melted dark chocolate to drizzle
- Powdered sugar or sugar free powdered sugar
That’s it! Seriously, the world’s easiest vegan Christmas cookie Just got made. And you didn’t even have to bake a thing.
Which makes the holiday season and all your Christmas cookie recipes complete.Print
So excuse the lack of purpose of this post as I really wanted to share this bonus recipe. There’s not a story to it except for the fact that I saw this cookie truffle making kit at target, the ones with processed sugar, cream cheese, and gluten filled cookies and became extremely curious. Could I make something similar?
cookie truffles without cream cheese….
but also gluten free and vegan? Um, you know the answer now. Yes! And I saved a buck or two.
All to show you DON’T need much to make a DELICIOUS festive cookie tray that’s gluten free and/or allergy friendly! Let’s just pat ourselves on the back and raise our coconut milk eggnog to the convenience of allergy friendly foods these days. Mmm k?
What one EASY cookie recipe will you share with us today? Comment below! I’m all ears.
Merry merry Christmas!