Healthy Coconut Milk Eggnog Steamers! This dairy free eggnog drink is quick to make, single serve or for multiple, full of good healthy fats, and super delicious! Enjoy during the holidays or anytime!
I was going to title this post “WHY EVERYONE NEEDS TO LOVE EGGNOG” or “WHY EGGNOG MAKES A GOOD POST WORKOUT DRINK.” But then I realized it would probably get butchered to death. And I’d probably confuse the heck out of you. Right? But at least it would have grabbed your attention, ha! And hey, it’s Friday, so I’m going to save you some brain power and just talk about how to make a healthy happy hour with cozy coconut milk eggnog steamers, sound good?
The fact is, Eggnog is a popular (and might I add tasty) holiday beverage! It can definitely be made HEALTHY or HEALTHIER if you choose the right ingredients. Some of the pre-made carton or pasteurized versions can be loaded with added sugar and other preservatives. But you see, when you make REAL traditional EGGNOG, the recipe and ingredients itself are actually packed healthy fats, complete protein, anti-inflammatory spices, and even a few medicinal properties if you use rum (or other gluten free alcohol). Hello, you know we are all about the medicinal purposes here ya’ll!
Coconut Milk Eggnog Steamers Recipe for Two!
You got your Egg yolk and Coconut Milk –-> Healthy Fats! Plus the egg yolk is a great source of biotin and dairy free Vitamin D. Egg Whites for extra protein and froth! Cinnamon and nutmeg for anti-inflammatory properties. And bonus Coconut Cream for B vitamins,which can help your red blood cells turn calories from food into usable energy.
Ya, so there’s that reason. Now about this steamer. Ever since I worked at Starbuck (um, decades ago), I was obsessed with making milk steamers. Well, much hasn’t changed. And my goal for these coconut milk steamers were to entice you with a warm, rich, but still light, frothy drink!
The fun things about these single serve eggnog steamers is that you can customize it. More or less sugar, vanilla, foam, etc. Plus when you make these single serve, you can omit the alcohol for a kid-friendly version. Although it’s not as fun! Haha. And if you’re looking for an rich indulgent twist, just add dark chocolate shavings over the frothy top.Print
Dairy free – Coconut Milk Eggnog Steamers (Non alcoholic version)
- 2 cups coconut milk (light or regular or drinking milk)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- 1 tsp coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 – 1.5 ounces rum (or 1/2 – 1 tsp rum extract for non alcoholic)
- Optional topping – shaved or grated dark chocolate, whip cream, et.c
- Blend your coconut milk, egg yolk, honey, vanilla, and spices in a blender.
- Transfer to small pot and whisk on medium for about 10 minutes or until the eggnog starts to thicken. But make sure it doesn’t boil or curdle.
- In a separate bowl, heat your cream for about 30 seconds. Make sure it’s not too hot, just warm.
- Add your egg whites and sugar to the cream and beat until you get white foaming peaks. Set aside.
- Take your eggnog mixture and blend it in blender until it a little frothy.
- Add 1 cup to each glass along with 1-2 tbsp rum.
- Top with each glass with coconut cream foam and any extra toppings.
- Best Served hot.
You can chill this for later as well if you’d rather have cold with just whipped foam on top.
Feel free to use almond milk if you don’t coconut milk.
Adjust the honey to your desire. More or less but I found that 1/4 cup worked great for two!
Yep, now let’s make it and enjoy a good noggin! I mean health drink. 😉
Oh and one other reason I made this drink… because my kiwi husband had never had it! They don’t sell much eggnog down under, just hokey pokey milk. Now I have him hooked for life. Cheers to that!
And Cheers to the first week of December —> National Eggnog Month!
Okay, i need to know. Eggnog –> Yay or nay?