Dairy free – Coconut Milk Eggnog Steamers (Non alcoholic version)
- 2 cups coconut milk (light or regular or drinking milk)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- 1 tsp coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 – 1.5 ounces rum (or 1/2 – 1 tsp rum extract for non alcoholic)
- Optional topping – shaved or grated dark chocolate, whip cream, et.c
- Blend your coconut milk, egg yolk, honey, vanilla, and spices in a blender.
- Transfer to small pot and whisk on medium for about 10 minutes or until the eggnog starts to thicken. But make sure it doesn’t boil or curdle.
- In a separate bowl, heat your cream for about 30 seconds. Make sure it’s not too hot, just warm.
- Add your egg whites and sugar to the cream and beat until you get white foaming peaks. Set aside.
- Take your eggnog mixture and blend it in blender until it a little frothy.
- Add 1 cup to each glass along with 1-2 tbsp rum.
- Top with each glass with coconut cream foam and any extra toppings.
- Best Served hot.
You can chill this for later as well if you’d rather have cold with just whipped foam on top.
Feel free to use almond milk if you don’t coconut milk.
Adjust the honey to your desire. More or less but I found that 1/4 cup worked great for two!